hi guys, good news... managed to find a bunch of luthiers who will make my custom Manson-esque guitar for me...shabba =D

now i am curious, after a talk with a serious Ibanez player, he made out that getting a whammy bar is so much better than just a hard tail... and now i wonder should i get one... and i foolishly forgot to ask about its ADVANTAGES VS ITs DISADVANTAGES...

i have always owned Les Paul style guitars, and so dont know what issues/complications arise with a tremolo bridge... can someone tell me the pro's and con's of a trem bridge, and opinions of what i should do ???
allows for awesome screaming solo's but if you don't have a floyd rose type system when you dive bomb you may lose tuning in the strings
Trems are great only when its a quality trem, which the LoPro certainly is, you have the guitar properly setup which it should if this luthier is worth his salt and most importantly you have no intention of changing tunings between setups.

You will also get a little less sustain with the LoPro but if the guitar is well made it would be almost unnoticeable if you could A/B the two setups.

I personally really like the fine tuners on locking trems as it makes getting exactly in tune a cinch compared with most tuning pegs.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Double locking tremolo units that are well setup provide amazing tuning stability and an endless ream of different effects you can provide with them such as dives, flutter, and just about anything you can think to do with them.

On the negative if you change tunings a lot you are going to get frustrated, if your going trem its a case of pick a tuning and stick to it.

If you are thinking of different trems consider getting a ZR or ZR2, they are amazing Ibanez trems and take away many of the pains that double locking trems provide.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
well really i do some Drop D a good bit, occassionally some half & full step down... but usually my set up is play a song for a few hours, then jam for a bit, and am partial to quickly changing tunings for E to the drop D when the mood strikes me... but i think that hitting Dive Bombs at the start of Knights of Cydonia would be so satisfying, despite a 10 minute tune up , or whatever it may be =P

really i want something as least complicated as possible that offers a great tremolo experience...so to speak =P and i heard the LoPro is one of the finest...well that and the fact a few of my idols use it

P.S. gotta see the pickups i ordered... £200 Manson Bareknuckle Nailbombs MBK2's... hell yeah =DD
Quote by KingHenrik1967
well really i do some Drop D a good bit, occassionally some half & full step down... but usually my set up is play a song for a few hours, then jam for a bit, and am partial to quickly changing tunings for E to the drop D when the mood strikes me... but i think that hitting Dive Bombs at the start of Knights of Cydonia would be so satisfying, despite a 10 minute tune up , or whatever it may be =P

really i want something as least complicated as possible that offers a great tremolo experience...so to speak =P and i heard the LoPro is one of the finest...well that and the fact a few of my idols use it

P.S. gotta see the pickups i ordered... £200 Manson Bareknuckle Nailbombs MBK2's... hell yeah =DD

Tbh, its more to do with setup, but you should be ok to go from E to drop D without too much hassle, really the ZR is one of the easiest trems to use, adjust and generally just amazing tbh

I know how you feel with the pickups, i have my new guitar with the luthier atm, getting it back wednesday. All electronics are being replaced, 2 Bareknuckle warpigs going in which are extra distressed, and i have a custom job trilogy suite single coil with a distressed chrome cover going in the middle, its going to look quite amazing, and sound even more amazing when i get it back
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
niiiiice i just got a reply from the luthier... he said that a Khahler trem is one of the best... "well engineered, great looking and easy to use" was his claim... hmmm.

he said he doesnt feel comfortable using pickups with Manson on them, and the pick ups i had my eyes on are really just a Bareknuckle NBomb badged as Manson, and a Mississippi Queen P90 in the neck... sounds like he is a tad bitter lol kiddin.

now its a case of... to trem...or not to trem... lol
Do you get by without a trem? If so don't bother getting one installed in a custom you may just end up hating it. If you still want a trem pick up a cheap used MIJ Ibanez RG and beat the **** out of it.