hi every1
i am a guitarist with an ibanez rg2570 guitar PRESTIGE
recently there has been some minor buzz on some strings.. its not very old a guitar
i fretted the first fret as described in the ibby manual, then i also fretted the 13th note as said in the ibanez manual.

i measured on the 8th fret with the feeler gauge and it gave me around 0.1 mm bow on the 8th fret. in the ibanez manual it says it should be around 0.3-0.5 . that means i need to increase that gap, please tell me if i need to tigthen the truss rod or loosen it?

i think its a very stupid question i am very sorry but i am new with this stuff please help thank you so much!
where is the buzz? what string, what fret?
does the buzz transmit thru the amp?

you have a nice amount of relief. did you raise the action at the bridge yet?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
where is the buzz? what string, what fret?
does the buzz transmit thru the amp?

you have a nice amount of relief. did you raise the action at the bridge yet?

i just put in a brand new D string with all the others which were old.. there was a buzz at most higher notes of the D string and the 4th fret of that string.. and also some buzz on the higher notes of the G string... the bottom rest strings are ok.. there is very slight buzz on the fat E string... yes it comes through the amplifier... i have tried raising the action quite a bit it doesnt make much a difference... but in the ibanez manual it says that there should be 0.3mm relief atleast... i have 0.1, doesnt that mean its the relief?
yeah you can add relief.
i just wanted to make sure.

turn the truss rod nut 1/4 Counter clockwise,
dont force the turn and leave it in tune while it settles.

to measure again, if you don't have a gauge, you can see if a thin-medium pick fits in the relief.
post back with questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011