so i got a engl screamer combo and im amazed by the cleans but the high gain is confusing me . when i play at the high gain channel i get a sound full of hiss,wtf is with this i think i got a better distortion out of the fender frontman 15 using my metalzone,and the distortion out of this engl is kinda flat,hissy ...
is there something wrong with my amp of what?any body a screamer combo?
O.o a frontman sounds better at high gain? Try one at a local, if it doesn't do the same thing refund yours for a new. If not STILL refund it for a Peavey VYPYR, it sounds good if you know how to use it.

TIP: Always refund something you don't like.
If it's still under warranty, take it back to the music shop and let them have a look at it.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
the shop is far away and this bitch is heavy and i dont have a car to transport it.i dont know...my gain is now at 1 o clock .maybe its strange for me to play on a tube amp without using a distortion pedal.i will record a small clip so you can see what im talking about.also the " bright " switch seems not to be working!
Quote by forsaknazrael
ALL your settings.

+1, This means mids, bass, treble and whatever else the amp has.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed the above post. Try putting your EQ settings at 12 o clock, then modifying it to your liking.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Jan 11, 2010,
Maybe it's screaming?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
are you using o'clocks for all those settings?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
have you turned off all, tvs,pc`s, flourescent lights and any other electrical products in the same room and plugged the amp straight into the wall outlet without using a multi outlet powerstrip.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
have you turned off all, tvs,pc`s, flourescent lights and any other electrical products in the same room and plugged the amp straight into the wall outlet without using a multi outlet powerstrip.

no..i will try that in the morning but i dont really get that as a problem ?
Sounds like an internal problem in the preamp where the distortion is located; hmm... well mess with the eq's and volumes, etc.
If nothing to all avail helps, go to the shop!
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster: American Standard
Ibanez: RG370DX
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab