the thing is a dont play guitar on computer and y wont, i want to but a line 6 pod x3 live and was thinking, i have a valve marshall and if want to simulate a fender amp... i will have marshall/fender tone or a fullly fender tone?? i put fender as an example, it could be a peavey, etc.
please respond
It will do it pretty well if your marshall is set clean and dry with even eq. They make SS amps with just a power switch for playing pods through
I would love this answer since I'm buying my own soon , I want my amp to sound just like a Dual-Rectifier. I'm guessing it'll be a mixture tone.
If you plug the pod output into the effect return it will skip the preamp and give you just the fender tone.
Quote by nodurquack
If you plug the pod output into the effect return it will skip the preamp and give you just the fender tone.

Not exactly but close enough, you should as mentioned by nodurquack use the effects loop and not run your x3 in the front of your amp. I have the xt live and it sounds fantastic. I´m running it thru a mesa boogie stiletto ace which kicks major ass.