Since the POD X3 is a amp simulator, can it just be ran through to a Cab like a amp head? So is it playable without a amp head?
You still need a power amp, the POD only has a headphone amp, it isn't strong enough to drive a cab.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
No, you can't run it through a cab but you can run it into something like computer speakers.
ah thanks for the answer, are there things such as a Amp Head with only power switch and volume?
Quote by Imapinkboi
ah thanks for the answer, are there things such as a Amp Head with only power switch and volume?

Well, there are power amps which are essentially just supposed to amplifiy your tone with minimum coloring. Additionally, if you have an amp with an FX loop you can run the Pod into the return there by bypassing the pre amp and only using the power section of your amp to simply amplify the sound of your Pod (I myself do this).
ooh thanks. Ithink i'll get a vypyr 60w tube its got bypass and a input and output.
I ran mine through a cheap stereo system my parents have, sounded alright. Gonna run it through my friend's better system later.