Page 3 of 7
Quote by ILikeGoodMusic
Snowing is so good. So so so so so so so so good. So good. It's not even funny. Every time I listen through the album I appreciate it more and more.

Well I should hope so with a name like 'ILikeGoodMusic'.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
I saw them tonight. It was the first show of their tour with 1994! Grown Ups played as well.
Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit's been on repeat for me.

The CnJ is really obvious in their music, but still, they're really fun to listen to. Once you overcome the vocals, which I kinda like now.
Re-read most of this thread.

Once again, Knapsack was the best band mentioned in a thread in this subforum.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I guess I must be missing something with emo music. Is it all meant to sound messy? I mean I love Dashboard, Jimmy Eat World, but this just seems all over the place?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I mean I love Dashboard but this just seems all over the place?

Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Re-read most of this thread.

Once again, Knapsack was the best band mentioned in a thread in this subforum.

And all these things, they are obvious to me.
Quote by nashawa

Yes judge me because I have different tastes to you =\

I'm new to the emo genre after liking bands like Jimmy Eat World for a long time and I'm looking to expand my knowledge of the genre.

You're being less than helpful.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Yes judge me because I have different tastes to you =\

I'm new to the emo genre after liking bands like Jimmy Eat World for a long time and I'm looking to expand my knowledge of the genre.

Would you like a throrough explanation? Because all you have do is ask, I, as well as many others here, know their emo history well.
Quote by ChemicalFire

That's sort of my shtick. I though you would have figured it out by now.

But no, you guised a passive insult toward twinkly emo as a question, which was kind of a dumb move.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I was kinda just asking what I was missing or if there was a sub genre like this.

Though then again I should probably of been more direct about it.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
It's pretty much the style. For some reason in the late 90s people stopped caring about musical cohesiveness and took the joyfully sloppy nature of Capn Jazz to an unbelievably ridiculous level.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by BK202
I would argue that sounding this sloppy requires careful tailoring of the songs, because if you haven't noticed (new dude, not nash), a bunch of them are really catchy.

I don't think you understand what I mean by sloppy.

Not being in time is not catchy. Cute mistakes are, but that's not what I'm talking about.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'm talking about bands that can't play in time and basically suck as a single unit, but laugh it off and act like it's not important because they're twinkly. A few twinklies aren't like this, but a lot are.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I know it sounds like a cop out, but I don't want to hurt people's feelings.

I'm sure you can hear it yourself. AlgCad is tight as hell, and TTNG is pretty close, but I know you can recognize what I'm talking about in other bands.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
You wouldn't happen to be talking about a band named after a cold type of precipitation, would you?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Among others.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I'm talking about bands that can't play in time and basically suck as a single unit, but laugh it off and act like it's not important because they're twinkly. A few twinklies aren't like this, but a lot are.

What does twinkly mean in this context?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire

pretty sure he means the guitars/ other instruments are 'twinkly'..dunno how else to describe them
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by ChemicalFire

"Twinkly" is an adjective used to describe a specific playing style and tone. It has to do with a lot of lightly reverbed pull-off/hammer-ons with little or no other processing.

I hate that people use it as an actual genre schism because that's as dumb as calling something "djent."
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
their LP isn't as punk as their 7", but they both rock in their own way. even the new song in the 4 way split rules, even if it's mostly chords all over.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Saw them tonight. Again.

Still awesome.

They played with Algernon Cadwallader, Joyce Manor, and 1994!
9/11/11

Never forget.

EDIT: But seriously, are they splitting up? Sauce?
Last edited by due 07 at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by due 07
9/11/11

Never forget.

EDIT: But seriously, are they splitting up? Sauce?
Best post.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They posted this on their facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY

and apparently everywhere says they've called it quits, but I can't find an official source
I really hope this isn't true . FYEB is one my favourite emo releases in the past few years. Why do all good emo bands have to break up?
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by guitar_rules311
Why do all good emo bands have to break up?

I'm pretty sure it's a staple of the genre, dude.
Well the only thing that would make this break up not completely suck is if:

a) The members immediately start other awesome emo bands.

or

b) Street Smart Cyclist reforms.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
I'm gonna say that their ovaries kicked in and SSC or Snowing won't reform for 7.6 years, and all members will go in different directions that cannot ever quite live up to the originals.

They had to break up, it was only one more good album and then the curse of album three would've kicked in.
Quote by BK202
I'm gonna say that their ovaries kicked in and SSC or Snowing won't reform for 7.6 years, and all members will go in different directions that cannot ever quite live up to the originals.

They had to break up, it was only one more good album and then the curse of album three would've kicked in.

So I came to post in thread and two things.

1. I didn't know people still referenced this ^

2. goddamnit they broke up FYEB was finally really growing on me.
Just saw it on FB If you don't have them on it

Snowing
I'm going to keep this short, and hopefully fairly devoid of pompous self-importance. Snowing has come to an end at the ripe old age of 3 and a half (that's over 90 in emo years!). Words are really escaping me right now, so I'll just say this: We had a blast writing songs, driving across the country playing shows, imbibing copious amounts of alcohol, and earning future grey hairs by reading all about ourselves on message boards. Thanks for everything. ♥
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
Snowing has come to an end at the ripe old age of 3 and a half (that's over 90 in emo years!).

I lold.