Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an acoustic/electric guitar around 500$.
But I just don't know what to buy.. (Thinking of Fender Kingman SCE)
Could anyone help me please?
I actually have only one condition, which is that I want to attach a strap

Thanks
Last edited by joost12 at Jan 18, 2010,
I have a Laguna LG4-CEBUB and i love it. The bassist for the band i used to be in got the bass version of it and loves it too. The strap that i use has a regular hole that i attach to the side of the guitar (cable input) and the other side has a string that loops through the headstock... i like it cuz i didn't have to drill into the guitar for it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Hi!!! I'm Bob.
(")_(")

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

Founder of the "I ♥ Fire" Club PM me to join.
Gen. Crow of the Pizza Bite Army
Me. Naked.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Read
The
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by evening_crow
I have a Laguna LG4-CEBUB and i love it. The bassist for the band i used to be in got the bass version of it and loves it too. The strap that i use has a regular hole that i attach to the side of the guitar (cable input) and the other side has a string that loops through the headstock... i like it cuz i didn't have to drill into the guitar for it.

I think the Laguna is a nice guitar but I really really don't like the looks of it, I'm sorry
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Squier Standard Telecaster
Alhambra 10F (1979)
Washburn D10SCE
Leem Pro Multiple Amplifier KA-1210N
Marshall The Jackhammer JH-1
Marshall MS-2
i would buy a yamaha fgx730sc because of yamaha's overall higher quality compared to fender. i've played many of both brands, and while sometimes i find the fenders a tad easier to play "out of the box", the yamahas are very nice and can easily be set up for easier playability.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FGX730SC-Solid-Top-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=582169

btw, most quality acoustics (not sure about acoustic electrics because i haven't paid attention to that) don't have 2 strap buttons, but you can always have the other one attached.
Quote by patticake
i would buy a yamaha fgx730sc because of yamaha's overall higher quality compared to fender. i've played many of both brands, and while sometimes i find the fenders a tad easier to play "out of the box", the yamahas are very nice and can easily be set up for easier playability.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FGX730SC-Solid-Top-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=582169

btw, most quality acoustics (not sure about acoustic electrics because i haven't paid attention to that) don't have 2 strap buttons, but you can always have the other one attached.

Yamahas are actually pretty nice... they were my first option when i was looking for an acoustic/electric but opted for the Laguna instead after comparing them. Also, if you don't like the looks because of the wook type, you can get a different model at around the same price with a traditional look (maple i think).

EDIT: this is what it looks like in real life -

(\__/)
(='.'=)
Hi!!! I'm Bob.
(")_(")

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

Founder of the "I ♥ Fire" Club PM me to join.
Gen. Crow of the Pizza Bite Army
Me. Naked.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 18, 2010,
That Yamaha could be a good idea i'll check if I can find a store who has it in Holland

EDIT: for some reason it's 520 euros in Holland, which is 750 dollars. I'd like to spent around 500-550 dollars.

What about the Yamaha LSX26C?

EDIT: wait there are 2 types of FGX730SC's?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Squier Standard Telecaster
Alhambra 10F (1979)
Washburn D10SCE
Leem Pro Multiple Amplifier KA-1210N
Marshall The Jackhammer JH-1
Marshall MS-2
Last edited by joost12 at Jan 18, 2010,
i've noticed that yamahas are sold in europe a lot, so hopefully you can find one

Quote by joost12
That Yamaha could be a good idea i'll check if I can find a store who has it in Holland
I personally love Ovation guitars. I think the round back is amazing but that also turns some people off so you'd have to try it yourself.