amicone18
1,340 IQ
I'm currently in a cover band, were great, over 21, and have a long set. were looking to play out, we did open mic's but wanna play more song's, any advice on getting booked, as a cover band?
amicone18
1,340 IQ
mainstream rock hits- example, take me out, interstate love song, here it goes again ect ect
User_Name336
I have e coli (see below)
730 IQ
if you're more well known try booking at a night club or something. if not, maybe just try a bar or if you're willing to go acoustic, try a coffee shop. you could also try pairing up with some other band and open for them? also look around for a music festival or something that specializes with unsigned/local bands. you may also want to get in touch with local night clubs that book bands to see if they have any events that fit your style.

the way i book gigs is by talking to everybody i can think of. me and our singer walk/drive around with two acoustic guitars and try to convince people we're worth it. we ran out of money for cds so this is what we resorted to!
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
1,703 IQ
Hassle pubs and clubs who hire your sort of cover band. Don´t expect them to come to your door. Have a printed out set-list as well so they know what sort of stuff you play.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud