Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by --{matt}--

Matt looks like a fag.....

Haha i think everyone but him thought that
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
im sure he thought he was the shi/t

Jay wasn't in jeff killed john right?
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

-insert humorous quote from some other forum user here-
I'm pretty sure he wasnt
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
No he wasn't. They got Jay in like 2003. I think they had 2 other bassists before him. Not sure if its true but I heard that they got Jay because the other bassist killed himself.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
THEY FINALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT WITH THE NEW ALBUM!!!! Check it out: http://www.bulletformyvalentine.com/us/home
You have to have either a Facebook or Twitter to get the free download, but trust me, its worth it! Surprisingly, this isnt the song in all the live videos, but I really like this one. It sounds like they might just make a return to more screaming for this album....guess well see in april
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Seems like the album is called Fever

EDIT: after being 3/4 of the way through the song I can say its alright, but the lyrics are pretty lame imo
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Feb 16, 2010,
Quote by Shredx
Seems like the album is called Fever

EDIT: after being 3/4 of the way through the song I can say its alright, but the lyrics are pretty lame imo

Yep, looks like its called Fever and WILL be released sometime in April. And I agree about the lyrics, they couldve done better. But I do like the screaming
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by --{matt}--
Yep, looks like its called Fever and WILL be released sometime in April. And I agree about the lyrics, they couldve done better. But I do like the screaming

Yeah lots of positives tbh, good recording, and screaming was great. Didn't like the cleans as much but that might've been down to the lyrics. And fever is an ALRIGHT name tbh
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
****ing epic new track. Sounds like they've developed their sound more now (listen to the solo and you'll understand).

I hope this new album is good. I hope its better than both The Poison and SAF. Imo though both of those were good albums they wern't like 5/5 material, they had their weak points. Its hard to explain but I think bands all need to have at least one '5/5' album (A7X had City of Evil) that you never want to skip a single track on whilst listening. I hope this is new one does that.

Quote by _bacon_

Yeah I like Fever a lot more than Here Comes the Storm. That sounds pretty cheesy imo. I think it sounds like they tried to layer the clean vocals a bit too much in the chorus, but I guess its ok. Other than that its a good song, hopefully the rest of the album will be something like that
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Yeah the chorus is the only part that isn't up to scratch. But if the whole album is like this song then its already better than the other 2 albums imo.

Quote by _bacon_

Edit: Nevermind

I like the song, good screams and cleans.
Bullet have always had a bit of cheesiness to them so it is to be expected.
Last edited by Aussie_skater at Feb 16, 2010,
Quote by Aussie_skater
Edit: Nevermind

I like the song, good screams and cleans.
Bullet have always had a bit of cheesiness to them so it is to be expected.

Well they are Welsh.....maybe theyre not too fluent in English yet
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
^ Haha or they're drunk the whole time
Quote by Aussie_skater
^ Haha or they're drunk the whole time

Yeah that too. I remember in one interview Matt said he wrote most of the songs off The Poison when he was high. And ironically, The Poison was theyre best album....
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Last edited by --{matt}-- at Feb 16, 2010,
I don't have a Twitter or a Facebook...why did everyone forget about Myspace
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
^^make a twitter. it takes like 2 seconds and then you never have to use it again lol. thats what i did
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Fever is an awesome title. Less is more. Sweet and to the point. I'll give the track a listen in a bit.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
I didn't think the actual lyrics of the cleans were that bad, it was the just the phrasing of them that annoyed me, but the rest of the song sounds solid
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

I like bullet, and I like the new song, but I wish they would try and be less metal, like with everything the do its like all LETS BE METAL and it annoys me

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I like bullet, and I like the new song, but I wish they would try and be less metal, like with everything the do its like all LETS BE METAL and it annoys me

probably because they got pidgeonholed as being a 'core band in the ep and poison days. personally i've never viewed them as such - it was just trendy for newer successful metal acts to be put down and branded in the early 00's.

actually prefer the production on this to their other releases. the guitars still have the clarity of scream, aim, fire but the drums are a lot more powerful and have a beefy low end.

the vocal phrasing of the extended pre-chorus is whack, but the actual chorus is catchy as hell. i knew exactly what to expect, it's not a challenging listen, but i like it.
I liked the song, but i don't want 10 other songs like it. I'm hoping that it was the one song they didn't think was great and gave it to people so they would shut up. But, i am excited about the new album.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by Dimefan69
I liked the song, but i don't want 10 other songs like it. I'm hoping that it was the one song they didn't think was great and gave it to people so they would shut up. But, i am excited about the new album.

This. Singles should be one of the worst songs on the album, so when you go pick it up you're blown away by pure awesomness.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Quote by StillSoundRG
This. Singles should be one of the worst songs on the album, so when you go pick it up you're blown away by pure awesomness.

Tbh thats always the case with bands outside of the pop/rap genres. Most bands tend to have one ballad type of song or a song thats reined in in terms of screams and generally how heavy it sounds just for single purposes. I mean its not like it will get any air time outside of Kerrang.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
Tbh thats always the case with bands outside of the pop/rap genres. Most bands tend to have one ballad type of song or a song thats reined in in terms of screams and generally how heavy it sounds just for single purposes. I mean its not like it will get any air time outside of Kerrang.

Yea, but sometimes making a song specifically to be a single can screw you. Because if somebody just hears them and thinks the song is sub-par then they wont get the rest of the album.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
I think Matt's vocals sound good on the new song.

The screams sound better than on SAF, and the cleans sound better too. Tuck is still no Matt Heafy though :9

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by Dimefan69
Yea, but sometimes making a song specifically to be a single can screw you. Because if somebody just hears them and thinks the song is sub-par then they wont get the rest of the album.

I can't think of a time thats happened to me though. Chances are if people are reccomended to listen to a band then they will go onto myspace and listen to the songs on there, which won't always include the single from the album. Anyways I think a person would have to be pretty shallow to just judge a band after listening to one song. If anything though they release a single so the video can get play time on channels like Kerrang and Scuzz.

That said Bullet don't tend to go down that route with their singles. But then Bullet still get good chart positions. I think SAF got to number 4 in the UK which is a pretty big feat even though they come from the UK.

Quote by _bacon_

Begging For Mercy is pretty good. I'm digging the mix a lot. I think they're getting a nice mix of Thrash and core going and the vocals sound better on this track.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Begging For Mercy is pretty good. I'm digging the mix a lot. I think they're getting a nice mix of Thrash and core going and the vocals sound better on this track.

+1, i loved the death growl at 1:34
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
It does sound pretty cool. It will sound like balls live though. Unless Matt has improved after the surgery and whatnot. When I saw them like a year and a half ago he had lots of trouble.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
true, has anyone watched the live at alexandria videos on youtube?? was meant to be a new dvd but his voice sounded like crap cus it was like his first concert since surgery so they axed it. Hopefully his voice has improved live for the next time they come to aus.
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

just heard the new song, it was awesome. Probably one of my favorite things they have done.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
just heard the new song, it was awesome. Probably one of my favorite things they have done.

It was fairly good, wouldn't go as far as best song I've ever heard by them but it was still a solid effort, it sounded like their has definately been an improvement on mooses part.
BTW does anyone reckon that the start of the solo sounds like an arch enemy solo??
Not that saying thats a bad thing, the amott brothers are gods of metal but still, anyone else reckon so?
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

You know, i was one who was partial to the screaming on SAF over The Poison's, but after hearing the screaming on Begging For Mercy, i can understand why people didn't really like the screams on SAF.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
i like the scream on SAF, mostly for the simple fact Jay did almost none (if any) of them. God I hate his screams
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
i like the scream on SAF, mostly for the simple fact Jay did almost none (if any) of them. God I hate his screams

Some of his screaming on the poison is good imo, i don't mind the screaming on tears don't fall for instance. Plus he can replicate those screams perfectly live so thats a bonus
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP