Page 4 of 27
I'm still not sure on my opinion of the new song.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
i like the scream on SAF, mostly for the simple fact Jay did almost none (if any) of them. God I hate his screams

I agree that Jay's screams arn't that good. But if they had let him do some screams then he would have been able to do them live. Rather than Matt screaming on the album but singing live which was a **** up imo.

I've always thought that if you can't pull it off live then it shouldn't be on the album. Though I think the main problem was Matt's throat and stuff where he had the operation.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
When he was on tour here (the first european tour after the release of SAF) Matt screamed live.

Almost all of em.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Yea but did they sound anything like the studio screams??
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

-insert humorous quote from some other forum user here-
Quote by DJ2109
Some of his screaming on the poison is good imo, i don't mind the screaming on tears don't fall for instance. Plus he can replicate those screams perfectly live so thats a bonus

Matt screamed Tears Dont Fall in the studio, Jay just does a lot of his screams live because Matt's scream parts and sing parts are so close to each other in the song, and Jay usually takes the whole scream section in those cases, prolly to even things out. But every time I hear Jay scream a lot of Matt's parts live, he usually almost ruins the song. Like on that live DVD they had touring for the Poison, he pretty much ruined the End. I wish they would let Padge do a lot of the screaming live, his are much better than Jay's
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Jay's screams on Spit You Out are pretty good i thought. He does do some screaming on SAF but he doesn't do his higher pitch screams like on The Poision which made me a bit mad.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Jay makes me want to die when he screams. Matt did some of them like in Waking the Demon when I saw them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I actually like the tone of Jay's screams live now, they are more lower pitched. Before he sounded like Alex Varkatzas from Atreyu was dying lol, but now they are lower and a little more "tough" sounding, but my problem now is even tho the tone is better, his screams sound tired, like he has no energy in them and it's almost a little hard to hear them because they sound quiet

^I saw Youtube clips of Waking the Demon, Matt screamed pretty much all of his parts. The reason Jay screams so much more live is because they layer Matt's screaming lines so they overlap his singing lines, and they interfere. But as I had said, I think Padge screams better and the songs would sound better live if Padge was doing substitutes for Matt
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
^ I actually liked the waking the demon video with the singing instead of screaming, thats just my opinion.

So they're shooting videos.
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
I doubt Padge would be able to do the screams live though. He is playing lead guitar after all.

Quote by _bacon_

^^^^^ true, although i have seen some live vids of him screaming while he was playing like simple songs tho, but it didn't look like he was trying, it was possibly one of the most relaxed screams ive ever witnessed
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

I think you would have to be quite good in order to pull it off. I'm not saying Pdge isn't a good guitarist (he's amazing) but to get him to do screams as well would be a lot to ask.

Quote by _bacon_

Yea but with practice doing vocals and playing lead guitar can work out, look at Alexi Laiho. The isn't much technical stuff going on in the parts that I would prefer Padge to scream.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
^^^^ haha yeh look at alexi- sloppiest band frontman ever, that bloke tries to do way to much.
I would rather that bullet keep their music tight and have jay scream personally
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

Alexi is always drunk though that's his problem. And I think his problem is inconsistency, I've heard some live clips where Alexi was playing fine. Yea Bullet member's drink a lot but I think it would be fine. Padge's guitar parts aren't as technical as Alexi's either, and he wouldn't be doing vocals throughout, just in parts. I'm not saying Padge should do all of Jay's parts, I think Jay should scream his own parts, but the parts where Jay screams the lines that Matt cannot do because he has to do cleans, I think Padge should do those. And some screamed parts Matt should do live and doesnt
\
For instance, Live at Brixton, Jay screams the pre-chorus of The End, and nearly ruins the song. Matt should have no problem screaming that because it doesn't interfere with any clean vocals. An example where I would want Padge to scream instead of Jay, on Live at Brixton, Jay screams the pre-chorus to Tears Don't Fall, except Matt does the third line. I think Matt should do the first three lines, and Padge should do the last one to prevent the vocals from interfering. The guitar part isn't too technical to prevent the band from sounding tight.

idk, you guys may be right, but to me it doesn't sound too unrealistic.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
haha yes padge drinks a lot, but he drinks coronas so being drunk isn't a problem unless you have like a shitload. And its Alexi's choice to drink too much and then go out and try to play his neo classical overly complicated guitar parts and try and sing at the same time, so its his own fault that hes sloppy.
Also you can't really compare their music to brixton because there is no way that they are going to get back to that level cus of matts voice, its nowhere near as good as it was in the poison days. Also on the prechorus for tears don't fall padge COULD do it, but i actually prefer jay doing all of them, there is a vid of them at rock am ring one time playing it and jay screams all of the pre chorus and matt layers on the last line with him and it sounds really good. Btw does anyone know of any studio songs that have padge screaming in it?
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

^ i thought it was only Matt who did the vocals on songs in the studio?
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Jay does some screams on the albums I think.

What BFMV really need to do though is split the vocals slightly, like A7X did on their self titled album. Basically A7X let other band members sing parts of songs to give M.Shadows a a bit of a break live rather than them trying to initate his voice. I think if BFMV did this their live shows would be better.

Quote by _bacon_

yea but im pretty sure that like nobody else in the band can clean sing half decently, plus the self titled a7x album is shit imo, city of evil raped it by a million miles
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

Quote by DJ2109
yea but im pretty sure that like nobody else in the band can clean sing half decently, plus the self titled a7x album is shit imo, city of evil raped it by a million miles

I didn't mean it with singing, I meant for them to do it with the screaming. Also its not about wether the self titled was good or not, its the fact that it is easier for the band to play live due to the fact that they don't have to try and imitate Shadow's voice.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
I didn't mean it with singing, I meant for them to do it with the screaming. Also its not about wether the self titled was good or not, its the fact that it is easier for the band to play live due to the fact that they don't have to try and imitate Shadow's voice.

Yea i guess your right about the screaming bit, but i think it would detract from their music because the screams wouldn't sound consistent enough.
Bullet do a fine job at the moment with their live acts imo, and as long as they don't go and start like extreme layering on their new album (a.k.a all that remains - overcome) then i can't see that fact changing
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

New song is pretty not good. His screams sounded promising at first, but bleh.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
^I'll check you out, but this is not the place. You can get in trouble for that
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
don't know if you guys have heard these yet:

Your Betrayal (surprisingly not that Who Do You Think You Are song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJDUld5CQg&feature=related
not great quality, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

The Last Fight (also not great quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKorIwvQIvU

the songs sound good. i absolutely love Begging for Mercy
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Hated Begging for Mercy at first, it grew on me and now I LOVE IT. Your Betrayal is really awesome IMO. Bridge is kind of weird but I think it's pretty cool. Will listen to The Last Fight after.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by lespaul1216
don't know if you guys have heard these yet:

Your Betrayal (surprisingly not that Who Do You Think You Are song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJDUld5CQg&feature=related
not great quality, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

The Last Fight (also not great quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKorIwvQIvU

the songs sound good. i absolutely love Begging for Mercy

Both great sounding songs from what I could make out of the vid. Cheers for the link

Loved the solo in the Last Fight, it sounded like a refined version of the Eye of the storm solo

Both of the songs sound like classic poison era bullet to me which is a MASSIVE bonus
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

Why is everyone saying these new songs are like the Poison, me and a mate who are big fans think they are so much like Scream Aim Fire album.

PS does anyone else agree with me that Bullet's guitar sound on 'The Poison' was awesome, and then 'Scream Aim Fire' it was far below awesome??
I thought the guitar on SAF was great
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I thought the guitar on SAF was great

Yeah i thought it was better than The Poison.

Listening to Your Betrayal right now. Sounds freaking awesome so far. Doesn't sound like The Poison of SAF.
^i definately get a poison kind of vibe from all the new stuff
Quote by asator

Quote by lespaul1216
^i definately get a poison kind of vibe from all the new stuff

thankyou, at least im not the only one
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

I kind of agree it doesnt sound like either of them. A little mixture of both if anything

I wish there was more screaming on those two songs, but they are still good songs nonetheless
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
This is a better quality version of The Last Fight if anyone is interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE8uLYsMi_o&feature=related

Your Betrayal sounds really good. I can see that being a big hit at shows. It sounds simple though, not really technical which is new for Bullet imo.

The Last Fight sounds good too but some of it sounds a little too similar to parts of SAF (post chorus I think). The solo is good though, again it sounds unlike any of their others.

Am I the only person who thinks that the songs sound nothing like the Poison or SAF though? It sounds like they are making their own style, obviously there will be some similarities with the other albums but thats to be expected.

Quote by _bacon_

Artwork looks good. I can see how it links with the title of the album.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

I wish there was more screaming on those two songs, but they are still good songs nonetheless

That's what i was thinking.

Your Betrayal is still awesome. I had it stuck in my head all day yesterday.

Artwork is meh.
i was just gonna post the cover lol.

i think it looks pretty cool. they're going back to the style of having a fully nude woman on the front of their album lol
Quote by asator

Artwork looks poor imo despite near naked woman.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special