Page 1 of 2
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
I know there used to be an Anti-Flag thread here, but it seems to have disappeared...
(Let me know if this needs to go in pop-punk or something, as they've gotten more poppy.)

I saw them for the first time last Friday, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Justin Sane wasn't there, however. His nephew was injured recently and he was visiting him in Florida. But Chris #2 was able to sing all the songs fairly well, so it was still a great show.

For the last song, they put Pat Thetic's drum kit into the pit and he played there. It was pretty awesome, and afterward I got him to sign my shoe and got a picture with him...

Any discussion about Anti-Flag goes in here, I suppose.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
They are my token unpunx band. I absolutely love die for the gov. and everything else up to for blood and empire. Everything after that i cant listen to. And whether they are punk or not, I always thought they were pretty talented musicians.

send the hate my way
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
cecil69
UG's Dead Milkman
417 IQ
I enjoy them quite a bit. I know they're hypocritical and all that jazz but they're so damn catchy and whatnot! And while I disagree on many of their views, they're passion for their beliefs is very inspiring. One of my greatest music experiences was being front row at their concert shouting along to Die For Your Government. Specifically the F**K YOU! Part.
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
WarMachine93
UG's indignant racist.
22 IQ
Wow! I was at that show! Henry Fonda right?
They were pretty damn amazing, but without justin it just isn't the same.
Though when when the two guys had to kiss Pat and #2... it was just unforgettable.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,352 IQ
Chris #2 is a machine.

Looked up some videos from that show you went to, how he manages to sing Justin's songs without compromising his intricate basslines is just amazing.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
cecil69
UG's Dead Milkman
417 IQ
Oh, I would also like to add that Turncoat is a damn fun song to sing along to live!

badreligion93
Pirat mukipz 4 lyfe
616 IQ
I feel like this band really blows now. Because they sound like pop-punk bullcrap. They were good up to Die for The Government, but then their sound just changed way too much. To poppy compared to their old raspy sound.
Quote by speedy1330
it means your gonna go to the zoo and get eaten by a panda

trust me i know these things

Quote by Holy Katana
I think the futon symbolizes your repressed homosexuality, TS. That could also explain why you slept together and didn't do anything.
drugfreeboy
the great dissapointment
1,960 IQ
die for your government is there only good song imo. ONLY good song.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
BR0KENHEARTED
Banned
1,074 IQ
Die For Your Government is a good album. If you're as punx as me you can't like anything else.

I just watched those videos of that show. They are a lot better without Justin Sane.

God thats such a lame stage name.
Last edited by BR0KENHEARTED at Jan 28, 2010,
Lots O' FX
Ug's BallsOutDeathmeister
320 IQ
Not even Argyle Street/Slime Kings/Nickel Sluts?

See I referenced something regulars reference am I cool now?
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by Lots O' FX
Not even Argyle Street/Slime Kings/Nickel Sluts?

See I referenced something regulars reference am I cool now?

I think you would fit in quite well. You have decent music taste and don't seem to be an idiot.
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
Quote by WarMachine93
Wow! I was at that show! Henry Fonda right?
They were pretty damn amazing, but without justin it just isn't the same.
Though when when the two guys had to kiss Pat and #2... it was just unforgettable.

Yeah, man! It was great. I crowdsurfed like 6 times!
How crappy was Aiden though?

Quote by duncang
Chris #2 is a machine.

Looked up some videos from that show you went to, how he manages to sing Justin's songs without compromising his intricate basslines is just amazing.

And, yeah. First song they played was The Press Corpse. I just stood there in awe for the first verse because he played and sang it at the same time. He's a fookin' beast.

BEDBUGS
WarMachine93
UG's indignant racist.
22 IQ
Quote by ratmblink123
Yeah, man! It was great. I crowdsurfed like 6 times!
How crappy was Aiden though?

And, yeah. First song they played was The Press Corpse. I just stood there in awe for the first verse because he played and sang it at the same time. He's a fookin' beast.

True, Aiden was shit. But i gained respect for the fact that they know people hate them and try to make a show of it. E.g. (attempted) wall of death.
But they still suck.

I agree, it was amazing to see #2 play his basslines WHILE singing. But I'm pretty sure they simplified some of their songs because of justins replacement. Can't blame em though, after all #2 said he had 1 day to learn their whole set.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
Quote by WarMachine93
True, Aiden was shit. But i gained respect for the fact that they know people hate them and try to make a show of it. E.g. (attempted) wall of death.
But they still suck.

I agree, it was amazing to see #2 play his basslines WHILE singing. But I'm pretty sure they simplified some of their songs because of justins replacement. Can't blame em though, after all #2 said he had 1 day to learn their whole set.

Yeah, seriously. The fact that he was talking about how they're "not just some pussy emo band" really got on my nerves. Either way, Anti-Flag killed.

The guy who learned Justin's parts in one day was a true hero.

What did you think of Broadway Calls?

BEDBUGS
cecil69
UG's Dead Milkman
417 IQ
Broadway Calls is the sex.

ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
I already bought their album. At the show I might add.

BEDBUGS
WarMachine93
UG's indignant racist.
22 IQ
Quote by ratmblink123
Yeah, seriously. The fact that he was talking about how they're "not just some pussy emo band" really got on my nerves. Either way, Anti-Flag killed.

The guy who learned Justin's parts in one day was a true hero.

What did you think of Broadway Calls?

It really pissed me off when he was talking down to the crowd, "baby need a bottle?". How immature can you get?

Regarding Broadway Calls, they were fairly entertaining. They're better than most of the pop/punk bands I know of.
Drummer was cool, just because he did very well for performing with only bare essentials.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Whenever I hear people say that Anti-Flag has some really good musicians (technical ability) it always makes me smile because this means I could impress sooooooooooooo many 15 year olds with my guitar skillz.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
badreligion17
UG's Bob Dylan Wannabe
96 IQ
Quote by badreligion93
I feel like this band really blows now. Because they sound like pop-punk bullcrap. They were good up to Die for The Government, but then their sound just changed way too much. To poppy compared to their old raspy sound.

how is underground network, their system doesn't work for you, and A new kind of army, "pop punk bullcrap"

off topic: nice username
skatinpunk
195 IQ
Quote by axeslash
Whenever I hear people say that Anti-Flag has some really good musicians (technical ability) it always makes me smile because this means I could impress sooooooooooooo many 15 year olds with my guitar skillz.

you obviously haven't heard Chris #2's bass lines. nice attempt at dissing them though....
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
He didn't say anything about his bass skillz. Nice attempt at dissing his dissing though....
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
I wouldn't say they're super awesome musicians, but I do think they're pretty good at putting together a song.

Agreed.
Plus, #2 can rip on that bass.

BEDBUGS
BR0KENHEARTED
Banned
1,074 IQ
All this #2 is God at bass talk is almost making me not like it. He's no Matt Freeman ;]
Lots O' FX
320 IQ
Well Matt Freeman's no Bootsy Collins
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Quote by Lots O' FX
Well Matt Freeman's no Bootsy Collins

Hes no Victor Wooten
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Lots O' FX
320 IQ
Quote by DempseyPunk
Hes no Victor Wooten

You got me there...
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Victor Wooten (whoever that is) is no Mike Huckabee.
Lots O' FX
320 IQ
Nailin Pailin is no Ridin' Bidin
Quote by JohnnyV

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Cameron killed the joke.

Anyways, do any of you kids have an example of the bassist doing something impressive? I can't find any because I can only slog through their crappy music one song at a time.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
BR0KENHEARTED
Banned
1,074 IQ
Deeeeeeeeeewd. Nothing is on TV maybe I'll look up Anti-Flag videos to pass the time.
Noooooooot.