does the Korg offer good distortion, delay, harmonizing and loop that is just as long as the Boss GT-10 has?

It's either the Digitech Rp1000 / RP500 or This Korg..
the ax3000g is very good...

i`ve got the ax1500g which is it`s little brother (no longer available) and use it all the time as a headphone amp

korg own vox, therfore alot of the models are based around classic vox products..which is a good thing.
i bought one of these a few months back

I ended up taking it back

The distortion is mediocre, but thats what you get with a multi (except the gt-10), the delay and harmonizing and pretty good but there's no loop function at all.

The gt-10 is really in a league of its own, but you pay for that. The digitech has an expression pedal thats just as good as the boss if not better, but the expression pedal on the korg wasnt really all that good. Theres not really a whammy and the wah's not up to much.

Im currently undecided as to whether i should splash out on the gt10 or just get another digi after my lsat one died. Im thinking the rp255 because with the gt10, although everythings perfect, i really doubt that ill use half of it. theres just so many effects you dont need and the ones you do the digi does just as well.

oh yeah the expression pedal on the korg was slightly broken too

hope this helps man

EDIT: The main difference is that the Korg is ridiculously hard to use in terms of the interface, whereas the digi and gt 10 are easy as
Last edited by Chilli 3000 at Jan 31, 2010,
Quote by Chilli 3000
i bought one of these a few months back

I ended up taking it back

The distortion is mediocre, but thats what you get with a multi (except the gt-10), the delay and harmonizing and pretty good but there's no loop function at all.

The gt-10 is really in a league of its own, but you pay for that. The digitech has an expression pedal thats just as good as the boss if not better, but the expression pedal on the korg wasnt really all that good. Theres not really a whammy and the wah's not up to much.

Im currently undecided as to whether i should splash out on the gt10 or just get another digi after my lsat one died. Im thinking the rp255 because with the gt10, although everythings perfect, i really doubt that ill use half of it. theres just so many effects you dont need and the ones you do the digi does just as well.

oh yeah the expression pedal on the korg was slightly broken too

hope this helps man

EDIT: The main difference is that the Korg is ridiculously hard to use in terms of the interface, whereas the digi and gt 10 are easy as

Yeah, the GT-10 is expensive and all.. the other reason why dealers here don't sell them anymore.. all is left is for import, forcing me to pay for twice the price (ouch, for the love of gear why twice the price..? Damn you government policies). Although there are Digitech.. the ones being sold are usually the old ones.. T-T.. would you recommend the RP1000 or RP500?
not sure, thats up to you. theyre pretty much the same unit but the rp1000 has a few a more knobs and such. Depends how much the price difference is and things like that.
Quote by Chilli 3000
not sure, thats up to you. theyre pretty much the same unit but the rp1000 has a few a more knobs and such. Depends how much the price difference is and things like that.

Great, thanks for the info..
if u want the boss gt-10 but cant afford it, get a boss me-70 or 25.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
if u want the boss gt-10 but cant afford it, get a boss me-70 or 25.

Is the distortion similar to the 50.. because I can no longer stand it.. there is something about the distortion that I can't remove no matter what settings I put in.. I kind of don't like the ME-50 anymore..
Quote by ShredMan1224
Is the distortion similar to the 50.. because I can no longer stand it.. there is something about the distortion that I can't remove no matter what settings I put in.. I kind of don't like the ME-50 anymore..

its different than boss me-50. the boss me-50 has stompboxes modelling but the me-70 and 25 has stompboxes and amp modelling.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
its different than boss me-50. the boss me-50 has stompboxes modelling but the me-70 and 25 has stompboxes and amp modelling.

I'll check out the ME-70.. and I'll see the difference with the Digitech RP..