Page 4 of 31
Quote by Silverstein14
Wow thats a detailed site about nails. I just grow mine to the length that I feel comfortable with. I havent had a nail on my ring or pinky for a while, but I rarely use my pinky so thats ok. I make due with my index/middle.

Yeah, I found it on a classical forum I visit. It's really good, but incomplete. The pinky is rarely used at all in classical too. How do you not use your ring finger for all your songs though? Sounds like you would need to from listening.
Quote by Silverstein14
Well I do use it, but the nail isn't long right now, so I just have to make due until it grows

Fake plastic nails ... Radiohead parody anyone? I'm unable to mentally grow out my nails, bah.
Quote by |Long|
Fake plastic nails ... Radiohead parody anyone? I'm unable to mentally grow out my nails, bah.

I use the words "Fake Plastic Trees" whenever I talk about...well, artificial christmas trees and stuff like that. Beautiful song though, beautiful.

I usually keep my nails sticking out past my fingertips a bit. Too much and I lose control of my playing, too little and it doesn't do anything. I can't say I intensely take care of them though, I just use a normal nail file for filing them down. It sucks whenever one breaks though.

And tomorrow I get to play me some Pipe Organ and possibly record some too.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Wisdom from a public bathroom wall:

Anyone can piss on the floor. Be a hero, shit on the ceiling!

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
That's great!

Wisdom from the back of the chair on the desk in front of me in Chemestry:

FUK YOU
NO U

<_<

>_>

Yeah, not as good as Bard's.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Wisdom from a bathroom stall wall.

Here I sit, broken-hearted. Came to poop, but only farted.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Wisdom from a bathroom stall wall.

Here I sit, broken-hearted. Came to poop, but only farted.

I've seen that one at my school multiple times. A new one I've seen is "Please don't poke smot "

I want someone to write something like "Class of 2013 rules!"....because then I would want to write "too bad the world ends in 2012" under it.

I for one think it would be entertaining to have "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened; mudbloods beware" written on a bathroom wall.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

The do it
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
If it's near you, I'd see if you could go and try it out. Breedlove generally makes some very nice acoustics.

and Natrone, I'd do that except I'm generally that kid who doesn't do anything bad and has handwriting so messy that everyone knows what his looks like. However, once my friends in AP English took the infamous Big Brother Is Watching You and placed it under security cameras, above urinals, bathroom stall doors, and some other places.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Quote by clayonfire
If it's near you, I'd see if you could go and try it out. Breedlove generally makes some very nice acoustics.

and Natrone, I'd do that except I'm generally that kid who doesn't do anything bad and has handwriting so messy that everyone knows what his looks like. However, once my friends in AP English took the infamous Big Brother Is Watching You and placed it under security cameras, above urinals, bathroom stall doors, and some other places.

More so talking about the cost since I don't know much about them. Def will try it out if I can though.
Yeah, breedloves don't usually go down that low. If it sounds good, I'd say go for it, breedloves are reaaaaaaaly nice.

I learned that I can't go to the Muse concert on March 6th at TD Garden in Boston sadly. They ahd silversun pickups opening for them. I could take a train from portland down there, but I'd have no way back that night. Since that's not happening...I'm thinking maybe I can go see James Taylor and Carole King in June. Although the cheap cheap seats are $37. Still...it'd be a good show to go and see.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Tommy Emmanuel's coming to Toronto on May 15th. Needless to say, I'm going!
Equipment:

Nice! I was gonna see him when he came through Wichita but I couldn't make it
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by clayonfire
Yeah, breedloves don't usually go down that low. If it sounds good, I'd say go for it, breedloves are reaaaaaaaly nice.

I learned that I can't go to the Muse concert on March 6th at TD Garden in Boston sadly. They ahd silversun pickups opening for them. I could take a train from portland down there, but I'd have no way back that night. Since that's not happening...I'm thinking maybe I can go see James Taylor and Carole King in June. Although the cheap cheap seats are $37. Still...it'd be a good show to go and see.

My friend went/is seeing Muse in toronto. She's flying from Halifax haha - I almost did the same for State Radio, but I had a midterm the next day
My mom's not letting me go because A. She won't let me drive to boston. B. She's not driving to boston because she's busy that night. C. I'd be taking the last train to Boston. D. I'd have to stay in a hotel. My friend's boyfriend is playing a show 20 minutes away from where I live though, I think I'll go see that instead.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Quote by clayonfire
My mom's not letting me go because A. She won't let me drive to boston. B. She's not driving to boston because she's busy that night. C. I'd be taking the last train to Boston. D. I'd have to stay in a hotel. My friend's boyfriend is playing a show 20 minutes away from where I live though, I think I'll go see that instead.

I'd have no issue with staying in a hotel

Pick update: Snagged a TeckPick from a guitar store today, it's aluminum or some metal alloy - it's garbage. Metallic sound, doesn't have flex, but it's easy to bend with your fingers.

Going down to a guitar center tomorrow that stocks:
Larrivee, Cole-Clark, Stone Bridge, Walden, Blueridge, Eastman and Oscar Smit.

They all seems like high high priced models, so I'll see how they play out. Also going to see how much my Garrison is worth.

Anyone have experiences with Guilds?
Guild's are pretty solid for the most part. Their GAD line is one of the best in the price range. I have no idea about their higher end lines though. I heard that after Fender bought them out, they weren't that great anymore except for the GAD's.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Guild's are pretty solid for the most part. Their GAD line is one of the best in the price range. I have no idea about their higher end lines though. I heard that after Fender bought them out, they weren't that great anymore except for the GAD's.

Buy outs ruin everything haha. The only guild player I know of is chad from state radio, and if you've heard his acoustics you'll notice it's not what most really look for in a guitar. He played a D40 though, which was pre-fender buy out.

The GAD's look nice, I'll be giving them a play when I find them. Gotta try out every guitar possible! .. btw, I played Seagull s6 slim - is this a short necked guitar? It felt like it and that made it hard to play.
Wisdom from above a urinal at a local bar...

"Why are you reading this? The joke is in your hand."
^ That's pretty awesome. The bars around here just do the awkward two-holer thing. Two shitters, no stalls, and the door doesn't lock.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Depends on the bar around here, but the relevant bar has a toilet and a urinal with a door that doesn't lock or even have a doorknob. It is also so small that you could actually sit on the shitter and pee in the urinal without having to be 12 years old... you could also wash your hands all at the same time.
Played a Rosewood Larrivee today - can't really form a great opinion at the moment, it was different to say the least.
In general, I would say they're very balanced guitars. Not too much bass or high end. They're not my thing, for the most part. However, there was one Sapele special D-03 that I absolutely loved.
Equipment:

Larrivee L-03E, the one with sapeale wood. It's 1300 at L&M, thinking about trying it out. How close is sapeale to mahogany? I heard it is similar, but I've never played it before.
Sound-wise, the should be very similar. The sound is very dark. It's definitely a love/hate kind of thing.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Sound-wise, the should be very similar. The sound is very dark. It's definitely a love/hate kind of thing.

Going to try it out, I think the rosewood model is 1400. Give them both another go, try to get a feel for that neck.
Quote by LeftyDave
^ Sounds like something out of a "Dirty Jobs" special.

Yeah it's a classy joint, obviously.
So...for ramblers (bluegrass group I'm in) we played a show at the state house today...first part was in the "rotunda", which was crowded (as in small, not much room to move around), but easy to take care of, only needed to use two mics. Sounded really cool in there. Then all of my chorus ensemble friends sang the National anthem (an acapella arrangement with either three or four part harmony) in the state chambers before they started their session. I thought it was kinda funny when I looked down on their laptops and saw several of them on facebook.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Last edited by clayonfire at Feb 23, 2010,
Olympic Hockey:

End of period 2. Canada: 7 Russia:3. YAY!
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Olympic Hockey:

End of period 2. Canada: 7 Russia:3. YAY!

Let's go back to talking about how the US owned you
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Let's go back to talking about how the US owned you

Just wait.

If you look at the number we smoked the other teams better than you. I blame poor playing and I also must add I don't have any interest in hockey
We just smoked Russia. 7-3 final score. Luongo was getting beastly near the end.

In any case, the US didn't own us. Only Ryan Miller did.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
We just smoked Russia. 7-3 final score. Luongo was getting beastly near the end.

Gold, Bronze in bobbing
bronze in 3000m speed skate

I successfully pulled the skin off from under my nail from so much bending. Same pain you get when you cut your nails to short. Bah.
Guys.....my mane....my wonderful, fantastic mane of hair that I spent the better part of a year growing out....I had to get it cut off today.

Yes, I know, this is a dumb thing to get upset about. However, you go grow out your hair for the better part of a year only to have a baseball coach who you don't even like tell you either it or you gets cut.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by captivate

I don't care what anybody says, Luongo is always beastly, just in different degrees of beastliness.