Page 5 of 31
That game tonight was nuts. I love Olympic hockey. Well I love all hockey, but Olympic hockey is no exception.

I really hope that the gold medal game is a rematch between US and Canada, although I really don't know if we can beat Canada twice in a row.
Quote by jimtaka
That game tonight was nuts. I love Olympic hockey. Well I love all hockey, but Olympic hockey is no exception.

I really hope that the gold medal game is a rematch between US and Canada, although I really don't know if we can beat Canada twice in a row.

^CND------USA^
Last edited by |Long| at Feb 25, 2010,
Quote by soundjam
I don't care what anybody says, Luongo is always beastly, just in different degrees of beastliness.

Near the beginning he looked a bit shakey. Come 3rd period, he was amazing.

Quote by jimtaka

In the past 10 meetings between the US and Canada (not including the last game we played against you), our record is 7 wins and 3 losses against the US.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'm tired of rain, snow, rain/snow, any shit falling out of the sky.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I'm from the states, so I feel obligated to cheer for USA, but as a Canucks fan it would be nice if Canada won so that Luongo could shake some of his rep of being inconsistent in bigger games.
The Canadian women have won like... 80%+ of our medals.
Equipment:

My two-wheeled vehicles won't be cutting it in the snow for much longer, so today I picked up one of these tasty little numbers.

Happy new/first car day to me!
That's a girl car.

But sweet! HNCD!

Gear:
Quote by roamingbard13
I'm tired of rain, snow, rain/snow, any shit falling out of the sky.

Me too. I had to drive through 4 inches of slush on my road (granted it's a private road...but still) In a Grand Am. I couldn't stop at the end of the road because I'd get stuck (luckily there was nothing coming). A Bus got hit by a car. A friend of mine drove off the road, and I'm sure she wasn't the only one. And we didn't have any delays, cancellations, nothing.

So far this year for every day where the snow or slush or anything has happened, nothing. nothing at all. We had one day off because it rained and whatnot.

I finally got my EHX Big Muff PI And I'm finished writing all the songs for my school project EP thing. Now I've got to record them.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Played a handful of guitars today:

Guilds - felt like plastic toys
Larrivee's - I liked the smaller L body, but not sold of the tone
Gibson - over priced POS
Ovation - What a joke
Resonator's - awesome
Taylor's Koa - Looks great, sounds not worth 4k

Carry on.
^ I'm surprised that you did not like the Guilds. I think their solid-wood entry level stuff is on par with the competition and I like the weight they have. If anything, I think they feel more like wood then any of the other guitars.

On a separate note, hammering on a 12-string is a great way to shred a pick. Might record what I'm playing later for y'all.

Gear:
Quote by roamingbard13
^ I'm surprised that you did not like the Guilds. I think their solid-wood entry level stuff is on par with the competition and I like the weight they have. If anything, I think they feel more like wood then any of the other guitars.

On a separate note, hammering on a 12-string is a great way to shred a pick. Might record what I'm playing later for y'all.

I played a range of them, some were entry levels like GAD-20 (which I don't think even exists as per guilds site) and up to high even DV models costing 1200. They did get better as they went up, but the necks still stayed in the same (heavily painted, not smooth).
Quote by |Long|
Gibson - over priced POS
Ovation - What a joke

All of your credibility was instantly lost.

Then a little bit of came back.
I've also never played a Gibson that I like. Then again... I almost never reach for one anymore because my first experience with them was so uninspiring.
Equipment:

I've never really played a Gibson. I haven't really played that many expensive guitars. The most expensive one I've ever played was a few over $1000 takamines, my Alvarez...and as for electrics...i seriously think the most expensive one I've ever played is either some ibanez or my Strat....can't really remember.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Most expensive I played was prob a 6k Gibby LP, acoustic was the 4k Koa Taylor. I've never liked Gibson, I've found their lower ends (which aren't low) suck and only the top of their line are any good. Then again I hate the LP necks, and I just don't like their acoustics.

I've never played a Tak or a Alvarez, but Oh the reason why DiMeola's ovation is so good is b/c it's nothing like an ovation!!!
CANADA VS. USA TONIGHT. CANADAAAAAAAA!!!

If we lose, it's Ryan Miller's fault.
Equipment:

If Luongo is on his top game then I don't think USA has any chance at gold. We got heavily outplayed last time and the only thing that kept us in the game was Miller.
Owned? I wouldn't call winning it in overtime to a team that was, as Ryan Miller said, a complete afterthought, owning.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Owned? I wouldn't call winning it in overtime to a team that was, as Ryan Miller said, a complete afterthought, owning.

You're butt hurt That comment was made prior to the hockey game.
I feel america did pretty good in Hockey. Canada just did better.

My brother has been asking my mom repeatedly over the past few weeks for the same kind of pants that the Norwegian curling team wears. She keeps saying no because they cost just short of $100.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Quote by clayonfire
I feel america did pretty good in Hockey. Canada just did better.

My brother has been asking my mom repeatedly over the past few weeks for the same kind of pants that the Norwegian curling team wears. She keeps saying no because they cost just short of $100.

I heard the game was great for both teams - I did not watch. And those pants are ridiculous haha.
Quote by Natrone

Long meant how we have the most number of golds in the winter olympics ever.

In any case... CANADAAAAAAAAA!! For a country with 1/10 the population of the US, i'd say did pretty darn good.
Equipment:

Eh, I dunno. I like the sound of an internal mic mixed with a piezo for convenience systems. Straight-up piezo just sounds a bit too unnatural to me, just like soundhole pickups.

And I'll get that DOTW up soon. Sorry it's so late, been a bit busy of late.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
That was awesome!

Speaking of Brad, there's a great shot on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayt9hCVjiiM&feature=related) of his picking hand. Just goes to show that he has incredible talent in BOTH hands.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Mar 1, 2010,
Quote by Natrone
Eh, I dunno. I like the sound of an internal mic mixed with a piezo for convenience systems. Straight-up piezo just sounds a bit too unnatural to me, just like soundhole pickups.

And I'll get that DOTW up soon. Sorry it's so late, been a bit busy of late.

Sounds very much like the electronics on my guitar Natrone haha.

A friend let me borrow some Nickel Creek and Punch brothers today. I must say I'm enjoying it so far.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

^-- Nickle Creek...

So this is a little weird. I got this response a second ago to an amp I have placed on Craigslist. At first I immediately assumed it was some scam reply, but the last sentence has me questioning. What do you guys make of this?

Quote by Craigslist Response
I'm interested and I live in London Ontario Canada. Would I be able to call you? I'd prefer to talk over the phone.
Send your phone number and include best times to call and I can call you tomorrow. I would prefer to drive to Nashville to pick it up.
Are the chicken head knobs on this amp black or cream colored?

Thanks

Dwight
so what does it hurt to give the ph no you can allways bar it if it is a problem

or just send him your email if you feel safer
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
I mean I can't think of any reason why somebody would be trying to collect random phone numbers on Craigslist, but at the same time, I also can't think of any reason why somebody would drive 22 hours roundtrip to pick up a $600 amp.
yeah i think ask for his number & call from a payphone
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
or get payment up front & then who gives a rats
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici