Page 1 of 2
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
I once made such a thread, but as it´s long time gone, we can agree on making another one......

The agenda of this is quite similar to guilty pleasures, but the otehr way round .
Write down bands, you are "expected" to like here, but you dislike. No need to hate them, just don´t like, that´s enough.

Start:
Social Distortion are boring as is The Church. I don´t really dislike Black Flag, here and there they are really good, but they bore me now.

EDIT: I forgot the (new) Bad Brains and yes also Flipper (at least the last time I tried them)
Last edited by lavazza at Feb 6, 2010,
peebo1845
BoN(chaos)
125 IQ
2 obvious ones, Iron Maiden and G'n'R. they suck.

edit- oops, wrong genre (but they still suck)
"A love pirate ? I am no love pirate. What do they mean by that ?"
Last edited by peebo1845 at Feb 6, 2010,
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Rancid, Sex Pistols, Ramones...

I don't know if I'm "expected" to like them or not, but I'm not a fan.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by lavazza
The Church.

F*ck you!

I don't like Bad Brains, or the Germans, or Television.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Black Flag
Minor Threat
Bad Brains
I'm not that big on the Misfits, but they're fun once in a while.

Uh... Every crust-punk/d-beat/whatever you guys are calling 'em nowadays band.

That's all I got for right now.
KevVin
Un-******
404 IQ
Random Hand, Biggie Smalls, 2Pac, Descendants, Rise Against, Judas Priest

yeh man, Theres obviously more.
soph_bassist!
43 IQ
I've never been a huuuge fan of the Damned!

I do like them, but I can't listen to too much of them in one go.
let these flat chords just break your heart...
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Rancid more or less
NoFx
Crass (FoPI is way better)

Thats basically it...I guess maybe black flag with HR fronting, i prefer the old stuff
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
TN_BOOTBOY
Yep! I'm a Skinhead!
300 IQ
Crass, Bad Religion, Anti Flag, Casualties, Total Chaos.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
NOFX, AFI, Sublime, Crass, some Dead Kenedys. Probably a bunch more I can't think of. I love Rancid though, well I love AOCTW.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Quote by DempseyPunk
Rancid more or less
NoFx

Thats basically it...I guess maybe black flag with HR fronting, i prefer the old stuff

I don't like those guys either. I thought most regulars here didn't, though.
Well, actually, I like ...And Out Come the Wolves, but could never get into any of Rancid's other stuff.
And I feel the same way about Black Flag. I'm a fan of the first two EPs.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
I wanna say Rites of Spring but it's been so long since I've listened to them that I might like them now.

...I'll let you know.
Against Him?
674 IQ
#1 black flag, i think rise above is the only song i like.
#2 minor threat. i like them for about 5 minutes. seeing as how thats about 3 songs worth of listening it's kinda sad that everytime i do that my head hurts and i stop listening for 3 years.
#3 dead kennedys. his voice just annoys the hell out of me.
#4 joy division, idk if i'm supposed to like them but they suck ass.
#5 the exploited. Idk just never liked them, i like bands like them but they wear on me really fast.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by Against Him?

#4 joy division, idk if i'm supposed to like them but they suck ass.

I shall fight you to the death!
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Crass
D Beat/Crust/whatever
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
I feel bad for not liking Prince. Srsly.
I'm an asshole.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Ive never cared for the misfits, except Walk Among Us and a couple songs off Static Age
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
The Misfits are really really sh!tty
I'm an asshole.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
I never liked jawbreaker either. Also, Adolescents kinda got old to me. For a while i was like "omg this kicks ass" then 6 minutes later i was kinda over it...Theres a couple songs i like
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
ratmblink123
Classic
1,427 IQ
Crass, Misfits, Minor Threat. There's more, but I can't think of them right now.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by nashawa
I shall fight you to the death!

I'm gonna have to side with AgainstHim on this one.

Whenever people are like "omg do u like joy division", I'm all like, "f*ck off bro".

Peter Hook is such a f*cking pussy too. They had him on the JD set, some programme on tv about newly signed sh*tty indie bands, and Hooky liked all of them, the corporate asslicking creep.
Against Him?
674 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm gonna have to side with AgainstHim on this one.

Whenever people are like "omg do u like joy division", I'm all like, "f*ck off bro".

Peter Hook is such a f*cking pussy too. They had him on the JD set, some programme on tv about newly signed sh*tty indie bands, and Hooky liked all of them, the corporate asslicking creep.

i think people mostly like them cause it's trendy in the indie scene and the dude committed suicide. had he not done i doubt they would have the credibility that they do.

kinda like vu cept i actually like them.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by Against Him?
i think people mostly like them cause it's trendy in the indie scene and the dude committed suicide. had he not done i doubt they would have the credibility that they do.

Yeah. That really bothers me.

Since when is post-punk trendy? All my elitist indie friends are into them because they heard some cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Some of Joy Division's early stuff is awesome. They aren't that consistent though IMO.
BR0KENHEARTED
Banned
1,074 IQ
Crimpshrine. I don't get your folks obsession with this band. Alkaline Trio. For me liking a lot of pop music and a lot of punk music one might think I'd understand this band. However I truly don't see it.

As soon as I read this thread title I expected an other gateway to Rancid bashing.
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Rancid are charming.

They make me wanna drink bad beer and take the bus everywhere cuz they seem to have so much fun doin' it.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Crimpshrine. I don't get your folks obsession with this band. Alkaline Trio. For me liking a lot of pop music and a lot of punk music one might think I'd understand this band. However I truly don't see it.

As soon as I read this thread title I expected an other gateway to Rancid bashing.
I don't like Crimpshrine either. Fifteen is soooo much better. Alkaline Trio is great though.

And Rancid sucks <.<
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by werty22
Some of Joy Division's early stuff is awesome. They aren't that consistent though IMO.

+1
I'm an asshole.
bucketned
last wave rocker
398 IQ
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Rancid are charming.

They make me wanna drink bad beer and take the bus everywhere cuz they seem to have so much fun doin' it.

so true
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED

I say come to Germany, where Rancid is still a band nobody (apart from punks or former punk listeners know them)
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Quote by ratmblink123
Crass, Misfits, Minor Threat. There's more, but I can't think of them right now.

minor threats great
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
3,296 IQ
as the drummer of a d-beat band I should probably like DISCHARGE more than I do, I just haven't gotten into them at all. I like a ton of bands they influenced though.

I hate THE MISFITS and have no problem saying it.

I don't like anything anyone did after THE OBLIVIANS with the exception of THE REIGNING SOUND.

and I've been having a super hard time getting into THE MUMMIES even though all my friends love them. I love alot of the ideas of THE MUMMIES (like THE MUMMIES LISTEN TO THEIR OWN RECORDS, which is a 7" that's a recording of them sitting around listening to their 7") and THE KNIGHTS OF THE NEW CRUSADE!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Against Him?
674 IQ
Quote by nashawa
Yeah. That really bothers me.

Since when is post-punk trendy? All my elitist indie friends are into them because they heard some cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart...

i meant like trendy in the indie scene. whenever i look into indie or go to pitchfork.com everyone is always talking about post-punk. and there seems to be this big 80's obsession amongst the hipster and indie kids.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by Against Him?
i meant like trendy in the indie scene. whenever i look into indie or go to pitchfork.com everyone is always talking about post-punk. and there seems to be this big 80's obsession amongst the hipster and indie kids.

That's what I said.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by Against Him?

Tr00 H1psters hate Pitchfork now. In fact, some probably like Pitchfork ironically by now. Get with the times.