werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
This was discussed briefly in the off-topic thread yesterday.
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
Holy crap it's Dave Grohl

Ashton Kutcher has obviously never touched a guitar in his life

Yeah, that's all I have to say about that
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
vlp_dope
438 IQ
Quote by werty22
This was discussed briefly in the off-topic thread yesterday.

hmm too bad i don't really check the forum daily. my bad?
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by werty22
I saw that. I was gonna mention it here. But then I didn't.

I appreciate that they got their stereotypes right mostly. But the structure of that song wasn't really characteristic of the style, and the riffs were a little off. Also the lyrics were awful, but I guess that's acceptable, since it could be argued that the band was supposed to be bad.

There's my opinion.
Quote by vlp_dope
hmm too bad i don't really check the forum daily. my bad?

Oh, I wasn't saying you should have known or anything.
Last edited by werty22 at Feb 9, 2010,
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
Quote by Iluvpowerchords

I need to see that...

Yeah, I know
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
guitarsftw
UG's Boss
860 IQ
Funny. But best/funniest ever? Not even close.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
skatinpunk
195 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
I thought it was surprising how well done the song was, actually... usually punk impressions are absolutely awful...

agreed, that was definitely done well with someone (probably grohl) knowing a thing or two about punk rock
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Quote by SuperBlob
I need to see that...

Yeah, I know

Meh. I've never actually been all that impressed with it. It is overly sentimental and it makes me jealous cuz dude makes billions of dollars by accident.

I've seen it loads of times cuz of the nursing home I work at playing it ad infinitum.

It's good for the occasional pop culture reference though.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Feb 9, 2010,
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Dave Grohl's real band that played on the show sucked.
Lots O' FX
Ug's BallsOutDeathmeister
320 IQ
That was actually pretty spot on of what 90% of 80s hardcore sounded like.
Not sure if that is a good or bad thing though...
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ

I remember Schmtt's gay from back when I didn't really even get it.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
If you've got a big thirst and you're gay

I love that skit.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
^One of the best.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
SKAtastic7770
828 IQ
Ashton's so punk he doesnt need a pick. It was probably such a good song because wasnt Fred Armisan in like a hardcore band once?
Last edited by SKAtastic7770 at Feb 9, 2010,
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
On the opening theme (where all the actors' names are announced) it shows some records or something that say "Sex Pistols" and "The Jam." I think that part corresponds to Armisan's name. That could mean he's a p0nk fan, or it could be completely irrelevant.
Lots O' FX
Ug's BallsOutDeathmeister
320 IQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trenchmouth

He seems to indeed have p0nx credentials
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by werty22
On the opening theme (where all the actors' names are announced) it shows some records or something that say "Sex Pistols" and "The Jam." I think that part corresponds to Armisan's name. That could mean he's a p0nk fan, or it could be completely irrelevant.
He drummed in a p0nx band.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
^I think that was mentioned earlier.

It's awesome if that's where the names came from.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
TN_BOOTBOY
Yep! I'm a Skinhead!
300 IQ
This whole skit had me laughin my ass off. This is somethin I'd do at my daughter's wedding. And like someone else said, the Suicidal Tendencies breakdown in the middle was great. Very mid to late 80's sounding. Definitely a great among SNL greats. And to all you people who picked apart the music or whether Ashton ever touched a guitar, who cares. Its a comedy skit. And a brilliant one at that.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
I didn't think it was that funny. Of course I giggled giddily because I "got it," but overall I think it was pretty average.

Last week's episode was better.
FrustratedRocka
UG's Turntablist
2,339 IQ
There's a documentary floating around called "Anvil! The story of Anvil" about a band called - you guessed it - Anvil. I'm pretty sure that's where they got the idea for this skit.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
TN_BOOTBOY
Yep! I'm a Skinhead!
300 IQ
I think it goes beyond punk. What it does is show that some parents used to be a lot mor wild than what their kids would ever suspect they were. Whether they were into punk, metal or whatever. Or maybe I'm reading more into it because of my age.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by FrustratedRocka
There's a documentary floating around called "Anvil! The story of Anvil" about a band called - you guessed it - Anvil. I'm pretty sure that's where they got the idea for this skit.

I seriously doubt they got the idea for this from a terrible documentary about a terrible metal band.

Nice try.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
werty22
Banned
1,095 IQ
Quote by TN_BOOTBOY
I think it goes beyond punk. What it does is show that some parents used to be a lot mor wild than what their kids would ever suspect they were. Whether they were into punk, metal or whatever. Or maybe I'm reading more into it because of my age.

Yeah.
FrustratedRocka
UG's Turntablist
2,339 IQ
Quote by nashawa
I seriously doubt they got the idea for this from a terrible documentary about a terrible metal band.

Nice try.

Not exactly... there's a scene in that movie where they play this at a wedding.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.