Demonhunter04
363 IQ
What kind of guitars are the best for Drop C and lower tunings? (Brand, Model) Specifically guitars that stay in tune.
Lollage123
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
2,691 IQ
Well most guitars hold tune if they're not shitty £100 toys, and any guitar can go to drop C.. I thought that was obvious, wasn't it?

Well, there's a start.
selkies
i'll shred ur face off
318 IQ
well personally i like fixed bridge so its not too much work to drop tune and emgs to pick up the lower notes better but guitars that come that way and are good are esp guitars the horizons and eclipse modles
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
basilbrush
68 IQ
Gibson necks are slightly (3/4 inch) shorter than Fender necks, making them very, very slightly less well suited for drop tuning. In practise, it doesn't matter at all
mrmystic
647 IQ
Any guitar can go to drop C. My $150 dollar strat copy can make it as low as Drop B# even with 8's on it. It just gets muddy. For a guitar meant to go there look into most guitars made for metal. I think a few ESP's and Ia couple of Ibanez models come from the factory in D standard, meaning Drop c would not be bad.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
darkcheef
☆☆☆
114 IQ
Any guitar can tune to Drop C and hold a tune if it has a good nut.
Demonhunter04
363 IQ
Wow. People, I realize any guitar can go drop C. I just wanted some opinions on guitars best suited for that.
darkcheef
☆☆☆
114 IQ
Quote by Demonhunter04
Wow. People, I realize any guitar can go drop C. I just wanted some opinions on guitars best suited for that.

Pretty much any guitar with heavier strings can play Drop C good, but what do you want to play and what's your amp?
Turkeyburger
Dusker Hu?
883 IQ
Stefan Koglek from Colour Haze plays a Guild Starfire IV I believe, and they play in drop C.. It's similar to the Gibson ES-335 so work from there
kurtlives14
10 IQ
For any kind of drop tuning like this i would high recommend NOT using a double locking tremolo. the change in tension would throw the bridge out of whack and kill your intonation unless set up again.

As for pickups, i would recommend active pick ups to help control the distrotion which i assume your would be using.

As for a specific guitar, I've seen many live, metalcore bands use schecter c-1 guitars and the like. System of a Down guitarist, Daron Malakian often uses an ibanez iceman or a gibson sg. The pickups in any of these guitars will cut it for your playing.
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti
1,195 IQ
Quote by Lollage123
Well most guitars hold tune if they're not shitty £100 toys, and any guitar can go to drop C.. I thought that was obvious, wasn't it?

Well, there's a start.

My hundred dollar Les Paul works fine for Drop C.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
TJ Wise
387 IQ
the new ibanez RGD model was made for detuning..but i'd say ibanez or esp...those are my two brands of choice anyway. my ltd hold drop tuning just fine, even a cheap guitar can do it with a new set of pickups
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270
Squire Stagemaster 7string

Amps
Randall Titan head
Randall XL cab with celestions

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
valennic
No longer Adam West.
4,337 IQ
Guitar = irrelevant when it comes to tunings.

Its all about string gauge, pup type, and bridge type when it comes to ease of tuning. Any guitar can tune there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Duke318
311 IQ
26.5 inch scale is perfect for Drop C or D standard, but I prefer my strings tight without having to use .13's...
Schecter Blackjack C-1 EX (BK Painkiller, DM Liquifire)
Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Fargen modded Peavey JSX, w/ KT77's
Hardwire DL-8 Delay
azn_guitarist25
not who you think...
785 IQ
Quote by Demonhunter04

Well one with strings a body a neck and a bridge and nut and some other stuff would be best. You could look at a baritone but at drop C you could easily get away with a 25.5" or 24.75" scale length guitar it's more dependent on what string gauge you use.
Nick184
May contain sarcasm
225 IQ
Any guitar can do drop C yes, but a guitar with a longer scale length and pickups with very tight bass (dimarzio super distortion, EMG 81s etc) would be the optimum setup
THIS IS THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK!!!!
Ibanez RG1550 w/ BKP nailbombs
Aria Magna series w/ Dimarzio SD
Blackstar HT 5
Fender FM210R
Ibanez DE7
Keeley/Boss BD2
Line 6 floor pod
randomhero93
Refined Knowledge
707 IQ
look at these: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-2627-Nickel-Beefy-Slinky-Drop-Tune-Strings-102670429-i1122404.gc

Drop C problem solved

/douche-bag

look at Schecters, ESP, and Jackson and Ibanez
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
tronester
1,324 IQ
Im getting a nice new Washburn, so I plan on keeping my old Dean XM for Drop C duty.

Right now I think it has #9 strings, should I get #12's to better handle the lower tuning?

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)