Page 1 of 3
metalhead39
694 IQ
I haven't gotten into alot of new punk in a while, so I'm asking what are some of your favorite punk bands out there?

I'm looking for something with a similar sound to Bad Religion, NOFX and Pennywise
IROn 5L1nKY
687 IQ
I'm really not sure what those bands sound like, but you should check out a band called Cartel, they're pretty tight, if a bit tamed when it comes to punk.
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,875 IQ
Propagandhi...Canadian pride
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,875 IQ
Quote by IROn 5L1nKY
I'm really not sure what those bands sound like, but you should check out a band called Cartel, they're pretty tight, if a bit tamed when it comes to punk.

Cartel is emo...pop punk is a stretch

alkalineweeman
1,288 IQ
Going by those bands i'd try some Fifteen, None More Black, The Lawrence Arms, The Broadways..
All i can think of off the top of my head and none perticularly new but good bands that sorta fall into that range.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
alkalineweeman
1,288 IQ
Quote by Bair
Propagandhi...Canadian pride

Damn i knew i was forgeting someone really important, though if he wants bands similar to the 3 he mentioned i'd stick with Propagandhis 1st two albums... maybe Todays Empires, Tomorrows Ashes aswell.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,875 IQ
Quote by alkalineweeman
Damn i knew i was forgeting someone really important, though if he wants bands similar to the 3 he mentioned i'd stick with Propagandhis 1st two albums... maybe Todays Empires, Tomorrows Ashes aswell.

Agreed.

I Dont Belong
Hippy Killer
250 IQ
All Propagandhi is good the newer stuff is heavier if you like that. Supporting Caste was sick! The new album from Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine was pretty good. Lagwagon is good too.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by Bair
Cartel is emo...pop punk is a stretch

I thought Rites of Spring and Fugazi were emo. Boy was I off...
I'm an asshole.
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
I guess I was too with Dag Nasty and Texas is the Reason.
Also I would like to advise the thread starter to ignore any previously suggested bands minus Stiff Little Fingers, Lagwagon, Propaghandi, and lookpizza's and my own confusion of Emo bands. If your just starting to check out punk. I'd
Say Ramones, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Original Misfits, Dead Kennedys Social Distortion Minor Threat and the Dead Boys. Just to get you started
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
Last edited by askingforit176 at Feb 18, 2010,
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
Dag Nasty is too good to be emo.

>:(
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
Well I love them one of my favorite bands but they are an emo band, but emo as in the real (good kind) not the MTV kind.
Quote by nashawa
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by axeslash
Dag Nasty is too good to be emo.

>:(

Real emo IS good.
I'm an asshole.
VirtualBramm
Bronson Hardcore
32 IQ
Latterman!!!!!!
The Dopamines!
''We still struggle with the fact that one percent has ninety-nine on their knees.''
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
I agree with lookpizza and we are discussing currently, the good and evil emo lol. By the way I heard Darth Vader is going to front from first to last. Damn evil emo...
Quote by nashawa
TYLENOL.PM
Banned
11 IQ
Get this pop punk and emo shit to the failed forum directly under this one.
MouseMouse
21 IQ
Spreading Evictions!!!!
They are my new personal favorite!!!!!
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
Quote by TYLENOL.PM

Aren't we all high and mighty about the placement of threads. I'm pretty sure you are the only one who would have a problem with Dag Nasty, Rites of Spring, Fugazi and Texas is the Reason being discussed in the punk forum. If you don't enjoy it go to the other threads and shut your mouth
Quote by nashawa
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by TYLENOL.PM

But then you wouldn't be allowed to join in cause you're not allowed there.
I'm an asshole.
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
Idk if you wanna talk to him like that man, he seems like he may be the punk police. He makes sure everyone it tr00 ponx. Hey P.M., I don't have a mohawk or patches on my jacket, do I get a ticket or get damned to the "failed forum below this one"?
Quote by nashawa
Last edited by askingforit176 at Feb 19, 2010,
TYLENOL.PM
Banned
11 IQ
Quote by askingforit176
Idk if you wanna talk to him like that man, he seems like he may be the punk police. He makes sure everyone it tr00 ponx. Hey P.M., I don't have a mohawk or patches on my jacket, do I get a ticket or get damned to the "failed forum below this one"?

No. You're just a bitch.
LonelyStarts
I'm a mess
574 IQ
Quote by askingforit176

HAHA!! You got called a bitch by Fat Mike's son!@

EDIT: Other son or daughter.
That's Just How The $treet Rolls Son.
Last edited by LonelyStarts at Feb 19, 2010,
TYLENOL.PM
Banned
11 IQ
Quote by LonelyStarts
HAHA!! You got called a bitch by Fat Mike's son!@

EDIT: Other son or daughter.

Either son or daughter you mean?
xUptoNoGoodx
Banned
141 IQ
Quote by askingforit176

No ticket.

You go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

He IS the punk police.
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
No. You're just a bitch.
That's hilarious. Honestly it is.
Then again I probably shouldn't say that to the p0nk police....

But seeing as your new 'round these parts, talk shit isn't usually a good for anyone Let alone When your new, and about bands that ARE accepted here and are generally praised. Just some advice.
Quote by nashawa
TYLENOL.PM
Banned
11 IQ
Quote by askingforit176
That's hilarious. Honestly it is.
Then again I probably shouldn't say that to the p0nk police....

But seeing as your new 'round these parts, talk shit isn't usually a good for anyone Let alone When your new, and about bands that ARE accepted here and are generally praised. Just some advice.

You my friend are adorable.
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
Hey I'm not showing anyone anything. Just saying an opinion. I coulda be a dick and reported him but I can see why he isn't allowed in the pop-punk forum.

And uptonogood between your rancid comments and the mcr one, I can't take you seriously.
Quote by nashawa
TYLENOL.PM
Banned
11 IQ
I don't think anyone here takes you seriously brah.

Referring to askingforit
Last edited by TYLENOL.PM at Feb 19, 2010,
xUptoNoGoodx
Banned
141 IQ
I do not recall saying anything about MCR, and what about Rancid comments makes it so you can't take me seriously?
askingforit176
UG's "Goth-Punk"
479 IQ
Quote by xUptoNoGoodx
I do not recall saying anything about MCR, and what about Rancid comments makes it so you can't take me seriously?

Wasn't it you that said mcr's last album was your favorite punk album? ( I could be thinking of the wrong person happens every so often. If I am then I appologize).

Now P.M. I'm done joking around like I was with the punk police, and I'm done trying to reason with you like I was before. You've been reported.
If you can't take the sarcasm and joking that happens all the time in this forum (via. The punk police) then don't post here, or at least don't cry about it.
Two: emo is a sub-genre of punk (at least the "real" kind like we were discussing). Get over it.
Three: if you don't know the bands don't say anything. If you had listened to Dag Nasty, Fugazi, Rites of Spring or Texas is the Reason. You'd realize how stupid you sounded by demanding it be moved to the "shitty failure of a forum below this one"
And finally uptonogood. Don't defend your friend when he's being ignorant. It makes you look bad too.
Have a nice day kiddies!
Quote by nashawa
xUptoNoGoodx
Banned
141 IQ
Hmmm. It was a different person. In fact MCR is one band i cannot ****ing stand, and there's only a few of those. Before you try to call people out, do a little bit of research.

And it seems that you my friend can't take PM's joking and sarcasm, so you reporting him like a whinny little bitch makes you look bad, and hypocritical.

So you my friend, are in fact a bitch.

End of discussion.
TMF128
Custom User Title:
4,389 IQ
GUTTERMOUTH

Awesome band.

I recommend you purchase or illegally download the album "Musical Monkey"
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
LonelyStarts
I'm a mess
574 IQ
Quote by TYLENOL.PM
Either son or daughter you mean?

I smart.

askingforit176

Who is this trick whinning and bitching. You obviously doesn't get that were the one's joking and taking everything up the ass.

Go back to the Pit you don't belong here.
This for the "PUNK POLICE"

I didn't know there was such a person.

You my friend, are a bitch..
Ass

Thank you for your time and wasting yours.
Oh and by the way MCR is the best band... ever.. Does this mean I'm a fag?
TYLENOL.PM
Banned
11 IQ
Quote by LonelyStarts
You obviously doesn't get that were the one's joking and taking everything up the ass.

100% of your posts don't make sense. But we do take it up the ass you're right about that.

Quote by askingforit176
Now P.M. I'm done joking around like I was with the punk police, and I'm done trying to reason with you like I was before. You've been reported.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm a bitch

You just got called a bitch by three different people. I think its safe to say that you my friend, are a certified bitch.
Last edited by TYLENOL.PM at Feb 19, 2010,
LonelyStarts
I'm a mess
574 IQ
Quote by TYLENOL.PM
100% of your posts don't make sense. But we do take it up the ass you're right about that.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! SHIT. Oh man.. HAahahahaha. I'm ****ing dying over here. Fucck.

You just got called a bitch by three different people. I think its safe to say that you my friend, are a certified bitch.

Win..