Page 3 of 25
Quote by luyano
I wanted to ask if is possible to add single coils/stacked humbckers to the List Of Popular Pickups w/ Descriptions?
I think that i will help a lot people.

PM Schism, he should be able to edit them into the post.
Quote by littlephil
PM Schism, he should be able to edit them into the post.

Yeah. And I agree that some good single coil and stacked descriptions are needed, send me some reviews that follow the format used in the lists (name, brief description, pros, notes) and if they're decent, I'll edit them in.
Quote by Schism1985
Yeah. And I agree that some good single coil and stacked descriptions are needed, send me some reviews that follow the format used in the lists (name, brief description, pros, notes) and if they're decent, I'll edit them in.

Most stores around my city are Ibanez, Epiphone, Squier, Schecter, PRS's (SE) and LTD's and most of them are just the low end models.
I would try pickups if i could but most of those guitars have cheap stock pickups.
Hola.
Hey guys, i have an Epiphone LP JR. Craving for some mods and i've began to wonder what to do with it, of course, a new pupppie is a must and since it's only one HB i have to think a lot about it. Since being in a tight budget situation instead of just starting to save money and buy a better guitar later on, far aways on the time i prefer to slowly go upgrading this guitar and make it between decent and good, or beyond if i can.

I'm looking for a pup with good cleans for the ocassional jazz, but of couse also able to handle dirty tones and get low on with the metal and shred like no toomorrow, also with some good harmonics, i plan on being a rhythm guitarrist for now on if that helps in anything. (You will probably not know this guys lol) I like to play stuff by Nightmate, Phantasmagoria, Ayabie, Vidoll, The Gazette, those would be my main type of music, i also like playing some Hendrix, Clapton, RHCP, Mars Volta, many others.

If you search up the song Dogma by Nightmare, that may give you an idea, in the middle of the song it jumps to some jazzy like vibe while also keeping on playing some pretty heavy riffs. (AND YES! I know japanese... Even though i'm not near any of those parts...)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Just checked again under my pickguard and realized the routing is a bit... questionable.. but allows for a humbucker setup. Was thinking of this here.. any1 care to give me their opinion of the pups being in these positions?

H/S/S
Bridge - SH-8 Invader
Mid - JB Junior
Neck - Hot Rails

I've heard a few compliments from others about using a JB in the neck to pair with the invader... but I'm a bit concerned about the Hot Rails in the Neck, is it doable? I think with the invader it's close to obvious what genre I'll be playing :P
so for a build i plan on doing sometime in the future i have all the parts picked out except the pickups and i have it narrowed down to these two: http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfscrraourho.html and http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsporacrpok.html . what would be the advantages ad disadvantages of each? i have the latter in another guitar, but i dont know what the difference would be between the two.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by skwelcher
so for a build i plan on doing sometime in the future i have all the parts picked out except the pickups and i have it narrowed down to these two: http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfscrraourho.html and http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfsporacrpok.html . what would be the advantages ad disadvantages of each? i have the latter in another guitar, but i dont know what the difference would be between the two.

I don't have any direct experience with either of those two pickups, but as far as i can tell from the descriptions they're very similar.

It looks like the "crunchy rails" are basically just a slightly higher output version of the "power rails" and are intended for use with "thicker" sounding amps (as in tube amps or decent solid states)
I just asked this in the wrong place, but I play chuggy pop punk, like New Found Glory and Four Year Strong - can anyone recommend a good (passive) humbucker?

I'm looking putting a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge of my Jagmaster, as I used to have one in my Delonge custom Strat and loved it.

Any other suggestions?
has anyone tried a fender vintage noisless pickup? I read somewere that they weren't so great but wanted to get your opinions on it
I've heard that they aren't really amazing either, but I've never played one directly..so I'm not sure who to believe.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Lace sensors get no love in the official pup thread? I'm leaning towards using these in my strat build based on great reviews... Any one have any firsthand experience with lace gold sensors? I'm mainly looking for a nice classic rock / floyd / blues sound out of this guitar.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
Lace sensors get no love in the official pup thread? I'm leaning towards using these in my strat build based on great reviews... Any one have any firsthand experience with lace gold sensors? I'm mainly looking for a nice classic rock / floyd / blues sound out of this guitar.

Nobody's submitted reviews for them so unfortunately no.

Personally, i'm not too familiar with lace sensors, but I'm pretty sure that buddy guy uses the golds in one of his main guitars.
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
what would be better for THRASH and NWOBHM
in a basswood jackson v
JB in neck SH-6 in bridge or
bridge full shred in bridge and bridge SH-6 in bridge

Be more specific in regards to what specific tone you're going for. Like are you talking about 80's era Metallica thrash or Trivium or what? Also, what do you mean by NWOBHM? I'm not familiar with that acronym
Quote by Thrash_Head1990
80's 90's thrash(megadeth and early metallica and metal church) and nwobhm means New.Wave.Of.British.Heavy.Metal Judas priest and iron maiden and ufo

Maiden uses Dimarzio Super Distortions. Seriously, you can't go wrong with those. If I were you though, I would go for the Tone Zone because I think it has more presence than the Super Distortion. But if you REALLY want to go all out, you need the Bare Knuckles Nailbomb. There are NO SUBSTITUTES for that pickup.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Heilz
Hey guys, i have an Epiphone LP JR. Craving for some mods and i've began to wonder what to do with it, of course, a new pupppie is a must and since it's only one HB i have to think a lot about it. Since being in a tight budget situation instead of just starting to save money and buy a better guitar later on, far aways on the time i prefer to slowly go upgrading this guitar and make it between decent and good, or beyond if i can.

I'm looking for a pup with good cleans for the ocassional jazz, but of couse also able to handle dirty tones and get low on with the metal and shred like no toomorrow, also with some good harmonics, i plan on being a rhythm guitarrist for now on if that helps in anything. (You will probably not know this guys lol) I like to play stuff by Nightmate, Phantasmagoria, Ayabie, Vidoll, The Gazette, those would be my main type of music, i also like playing some Hendrix, Clapton, RHCP, Mars Volta, many others.

If you search up the song Dogma by Nightmare, that may give you an idea, in the middle of the song it jumps to some jazzy like vibe while also keeping on playing some pretty heavy riffs. (AND YES! I know japanese... Even though i'm not near any of those parts...)

either a duncan full shred or JB
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
I am putting some cheap GFS pickups in my guitar and wanted opinions for the Power Rails vs Crunchy PAT's. I was thinking the PATs because they are cheaper, and tone isn't the most important but is the extra $20 worth better tone in the rails?

Also, on a future guitar, I want 3 pickups. i was thinking Nailbombs, because they sound like they are very good and look great with the raw nickel covers, but they are expensive, and I need 3, all shipped to the US. It will be a mahogany neck-through with poplar wings. I mostly play things like metallica, but I want to be able to get them more distorted. Also I like to use my neck pickups a lot because with the experiences I've had, it sounds fuller and less brittle.

EDIT: They need to be four conductor.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Epiphone Les Paul
Stock pickups
Getting a rebel 20 real soon
Looking for an authentic "the song remains the same" jimmy page les paul tone. i want to be able to do ALL the warm and full sounds in "since i've been loving you" in TSRTS and i want to be capable to do rock riffing like "rock and roll" or the opening riff to "you shook me all night". i've posted some threads before but that was when i was on a tighter budget; now im looking for something serious.
Budget = $200

i was GOING to buy a SD 59 as i've heard its bright enough for the page tone, but i wanna know my other options. i'll be looking into that suggested page pickup - the bluesbucker.

thanks in advance guys
Last edited by Luxifer at Mar 23, 2010,
So after a year of wanting to build a guitar, I'm finally going to get up off my ass and make it happen.

So I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.

An alder Strat body with a maple neck/rosewood finger board. A single bridge humbucker. I was gunna wire it up like a Fender Esquire. Three way switch - bassy/volume+tone/bypass.

I really don't have a guitar rig so to say. I run a Squier Strat through Boss OD-3 into my Fender Bassman 250/210. I going to assemble a properguitar rig at some point - but I've really been itching to do some sort of project.

I'm a little hung up on the pickup choice. I've think I've pretty much boiled it down to four choices - Seymour Duncan Invader, Seymour Duncan Super Distortion, Dimarzio X2N, and the Gibson Dirty Fingers. I'm basicly after a hot, bright, distorted tone. Good crunchy mid-range. I'm not particularlly concerned about the clean tone. It's mostly going to be for punk rock, some industrial.

I only need one humbucker and I'm willing to spend about 100 USD. I'm leaning towards the Invader and the X2N at the moment. If there are some other pickups, I might want to take a lookie at, I'm open to other suggestions.
Hey guys. I'm looking to put new pickups in my Dean Baby V. From what I've found it's a basswood body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. I play mainly metal/metalcore in Drop-C and D tuning through a Line-6 spider 4 15w amp. Would like to get your feedback on what to put in this baby (no pun intended)

thanks everyone
Anyone have any personal experience with the SH-1N and SH-15? I am looking for a set of pickups that go well with my Vex NV, a mahogany/quilt maple/ebony guitar. I want a brighter sound out of it. I've done some research and I think an SH-1N in the neck and an SH-15 in the bridge would do well but I want some personal opinions before I start saving up for them.
Hey all...

I own an Eastwood Stormbird. It's a "reissue" of a non-reverse Gibson Firebird (Circa '66-'69). It's got Eastwood P-90s on it. The neck PU is very nice. I'm good with that one. The bridge PU is weak, thin, and pretty much useless on its own.

So, I'm thinking of replacing it, and my thoughts turn to a mini-humbucker. Anyone got any recommendations for a bridge-position mini-humbucker? I'm looking for jangle and clarity.

I play mostly rhythm in a '60s-style pop-rock-folk-psych band. The Stormbird is basswood with a mahogany neck and a rosewood fb. tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece.

THANKS!
Omfg massive back up

I am putting some cheap GFS pickups in my guitar and wanted opinions for the Power Rails vs Crunchy PAT's. I was thinking the PATs because they are cheaper, and tone isn't the most important but is the extra $20 worth better tone in the rails?

Rails don't necessarily equate to a "better" tone, just a different one. I'd try to find some sound samples online.

Quote by Captain Insano
So after a year of wanting to build a guitar, I'm finally going to get up off my ass and make it happen.

So I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.

An alder Strat body with a maple neck/rosewood finger board. A single bridge humbucker. I was gunna wire it up like a Fender Esquire. Three way switch - bassy/volume+tone/bypass.

I really don't have a guitar rig so to say. I run a Squier Strat through Boss OD-3 into my Fender Bassman 250/210. I going to assemble a properguitar rig at some point - but I've really been itching to do some sort of project.

I'm a little hung up on the pickup choice. I've think I've pretty much boiled it down to four choices - Seymour Duncan Invader, Seymour Duncan Super Distortion, Dimarzio X2N, and the Gibson Dirty Fingers. I'm basicly after a hot, bright, distorted tone. Good crunchy mid-range. I'm not particularlly concerned about the clean tone. It's mostly going to be for punk rock, some industrial.

I only need one humbucker and I'm willing to spend about 100 USD. I'm leaning towards the Invader and the X2N at the moment. If there are some other pickups, I might want to take a lookie at, I'm open to other suggestions.

I don't have direct experience with either, but based off of what i've read, i'd go with the X2N as it seems to be the more versatile of the two.

Hey guys. I'm looking to put new pickups in my Dean Baby V. From what I've found it's a basswood body with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. I play mainly metal/metalcore in Drop-C and D tuning through a Line-6 spider 4 15w amp. Would like to get your feedback on what to put in this baby (no pun intended) thanks everyone

Basswood's actually a really balanced tonewood, so pretty much any high output humbucker should work well with your guitar. I'm not sure if normal pups will fit in the baby V, so measure the stock pickups and compare them to the specs for any standard humbucker online (such as the Seymour Duncan SH-2).

If normal sized humbuckers will fit in your guitar, then I'd start by looking at something like the Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader, DiMarzio X2N etc. Check out the list of mainstream pickups on the first page of this thread for more ideas, quite a few moderate-high output pickups are listed

Also your amp is notoriously "digital" sounding, so keep that in mind as you shop for new pups, you may want to consider upgrading your amp before upgrading your guitar.

Hey all... I own an Eastwood Stormbird. It's a "reissue" of a non-reverse Gibson Firebird (Circa '66-'69). It's got Eastwood P-90s on it. The neck PU is very nice. I'm good with that one. The bridge PU is weak, thin, and pretty much useless on its own. So, I'm thinking of replacing it, and my thoughts turn to a mini-humbucker. Anyone got any recommendations for a bridge-position mini-humbucker? I'm looking for jangle and clarity. I play mostly rhythm in a '60s-style pop-rock-folk-psych band. The Stormbird is basswood with a mahogany neck and a rosewood fb. tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece. THANKS!

I'd start by looking at something like the Seymour Duncan SM-3B or Seymour Duncan SP90-2 (which is actually a soapbar pickup).

@Jim and Luxifer, sorry but I can't really help you with those questions so you'll have to wait for someone else
I just got an LTD M-200fm its the 2006 model with I believe LH-300 pickups and an agathis body.

I'm having trouble getting used to the sound, I'm used to a RX10D which sounds very muddy by comparison. I'm not expecting great sound from a low end guitar but I find the emg-esp pickups just very cold and percussive. I'm wondering if its worth changing the pickups and if so what would be my best bet? I'm hoping for a sound somewhere between the muddy'ier rx10d and what it has now. I'm using a Roland cube 30 btw if that makes any difference.
Ok ive deleted my old threads because im just going to make a last post in here
im looking for pickups for later and i though of some stuff im using to help define what i want. I play thrash and new wave of birtish heavy metal in a basswood V
1: killer distortion that has clairty and not muddy (i Play in Standard)
2: decent cleans (can be from neck pup only)
3: From the same company so no mixing a dimarzio with a duncan
4: bridge is a blade style and neck is the common 6x6
5 Eq leans towards mids and highs

Quote by Bearded_Seth

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Does anyone have any experience with Iron Gear pickups? I'm interested on buying a Rolling Mill for the neck and a Hot Slag for the bridge. Although the Rolling Mill sounds like an awesome pickup, I still have my doubts about the Hot Slag.

I have a Schecter C-1+ with a Duncan Jazz on the neck and the stock Duncan Designed HB-102s on the bridge. I have a Vox AD15VT but I often play through a Peavey XXX and a 5150 for shows. For the neck, I'm looking for a balanced, warm tone. Must also be good for melodic work with distortion. For the bridge, I'm looking for a versatile pickup for high-gain that's tight but retains clarity, and has at least decent cleans. Both pickups will be wired for coil-splitting.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
i love how fast people answer questions

Quote by Bearded_Seth

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Quote by shinobizx
I just got an LTD M-200fm its the 2006 model with I believe LH-300 pickups and an agathis body.

I'm having trouble getting used to the sound, I'm used to a RX10D which sounds very muddy by comparison. I'm not expecting great sound from a low end guitar but I find the emg-esp pickups just very cold and percussive. I'm wondering if its worth changing the pickups and if so what would be my best bet? I'm hoping for a sound somewhere between the muddy'ier rx10d and what it has now. I'm using a Roland cube 30 btw if that makes any difference.

If you don't like the "sterile" sound of regular EMGs, you could check out the EMG X series pickups (which are designed to have much fuller tones), i'd recommend something like an EMG 85x in the neck position w/ an EMG 81x in the bridge, or an EMG 60x in the neck and an EMG 85x in the bridge.

Quote by Thrash_Head1990
i love how fast people answer questions

**** off, this isn't a company dedicated to helping people find pups instantly. If you want an immediate response go do the research yourself (I'd start with the OPs and from there, google).

I play thrash and new wave of birtish heavy metal in a basswood V
1: killer distortion that has clairty and not muddy (i Play in Standard)
2: decent cleans (can be from neck pup only)
3: From the same company so no mixing a dimarzio with a duncan
4: bridge is a blade style and neck is the common 6x6
5 Eq leans towards mids and highs

Start looking for high output passives, particularly those with ceramic magnets. Perhaps also check out the Seymour Duncan SH-8 (seems to be popular with people looking for ultra high output passives). Or you can go with an active pickup combo such as Seymour Duncan Blackouts or an EMG 60 x/85x combo.

A really hot bridge pickup isn't going to mix well with a low-moderate output neck pickup. But if you must, try looking at the Seymour Duncan APH-1.

Uh... why not?

Again... why? As long as they're both passive or both active, there shouldn't be any major issue that isn't easily fixed.

If you're playing metal, you're probably not going to want to go with those sort of EQ qualities. You'll probably want something with more bass and treble than treble and mids
Which pickup would you consider is best for the alternative/rock/a little bit of metal genre? Judging by your descriptions I've been looking at SH-6 Distortion, or the DiMarzio PAF Pro, Evo's, and Breed but I don't really have an idea of what to look for so if you can suggest something I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
I play hardcore, grind, and thrash. I want a bridge pickup with rails. I have a jackson Dk2m. All I could think of is a Bill lawrence l500xl. Any other suggestions?
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
A review of the Mule: Unique sounding PAF-ish pickup. The bridge model works great as a neck pickup for higher output bridge pickups like the Nailbomb. Very versatile, especailly with a good tone control. Nice and fat sound while not being super high output, with plenty of clarity.
Quote by Schism1985
If you don't like the "sterile" sound of regular EMGs, you could check out the EMG X series pickups (which are designed to have much fuller tones), i'd recommend something like an EMG 85x in the neck position w/ an EMG 81x in the bridge, or an EMG 60x in the neck and an EMG 85x in the bridge.

**** off, this isn't a company dedicated to helping people find pups instantly. If you want an immediate response go do the research yourself (I'd start with the OPs and from there, google).

Start looking for high output passives, particularly those with ceramic magnets. Perhaps also check out the Seymour Duncan SH-8 (seems to be popular with people looking for ultra high output passives). Or you can go with an active pickup combo such as Seymour Duncan Blackouts or an EMG 60 x/85x combo.

A really hot bridge pickup isn't going to mix well with a low-moderate output neck pickup. But if you must, try looking at the Seymour Duncan APH-1.

Uh... why not?

Again... why? As long as they're both passive or both active, there shouldn't be any major issue that isn't easily fixed.

If you're playing metal, you're probably not going to want to go with those sort of EQ qualities. You'll probably want something with more bass and treble than treble and mids

Changing models of EMGs is unnecessary when the EMG-X series is basically EMG's way of profiting from the 18v mod

1: Good, but there are great, clear Alnico pickups that work well with standard.
2: Yes it will, actually. My friend uses an 8K BKP Mule in the neck with his 16 or 17k Nailbomb and they match quite well (if anything, the Mule is a tad louder)
3: Same response, lol! But I guess some people just find it weird when they're mismatched.
4: Yeah.
5: Not true. Listen to Iron Maiden, or Megadeth, or Iced Earth... There's plenty of high-mid based bands out there. You can get teh guts and low end from your guitar and amp EQ while yours pickups provide a nice upper-mid-cut.

My solution: Duncan JB.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Apr 6, 2010,
Quote by Shinozoku
A review of the Mule: Unique sounding PAF-ish pickup. The bridge model works great as a neck pickup for higher output bridge pickups like the Nailbomb. Very versatile, especailly with a good tone control. Nice and fat sound while not being super high output, with plenty of clarity.

Changing models of EMGs is unnecessary when the EMG-X series is basically EMG's way of profiting from the 18v mod

1: Good, but there are great, clear Alnico pickups that work well with standard.
2: Yes it will, actually. My friend uses an 8K BKP Mule in the neck with his 16 or 17k Nailbomb and they match quite well (if anything, the Mule is a tad louder)
3: Same response, lol! But I guess some people just find it weird when they're mismatched.
4: Yeah.
5: Not true. Listen to Iron Maiden, or Megadeth, or Iced Earth... There's plenty of high-mid based bands out there. You can get teh guts and low end from your guitar and amp EQ while yours pickups provide a nice upper-mid-cut.

My solution: Duncan JB.

True, but this doesn't mean that the tones aren't any different. If he wants to go with the economic alternative, the 18v mod would probably be the way to go.

1: I'm talking about in general. If he wants something super high output and passive, ceramics are generally a good place to start (but far from the only place).
2: Again, I'm talking about in general. It's generally not a good idea to mix super high output pups with low out put pups. You wouldn't want an SD Jazz/ Invader combo would you? Although of course this is not the rule for all pickups...
3: cool
4: cool
5: I actually concede on this one. My response to that part of the question was poorly thought out and glazed over many other factors which contribute to a solid "metal" tone.

EDIT: Added your review to the OP
Last edited by Schism1985 at Apr 6, 2010,
Actually, disregard my last post. I have a Jackson Dk2m, I play through a 5150 II and jcm 900 slant cab. I want a bridge pickup with huge mids and less bass and treble than the JB i have now. I think I'm going to put a pearly gates in the neck if that helps.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Quote by JHC_DOH
Actually, disregard my last post. I have a Jackson Dk2m, I play through a 5150 II and jcm 900 slant cab. I want a bridge pickup with huge mids and less bass and treble than the JB i have now. I think I'm going to put a pearly gates in the neck if that helps.

Midrange monster pickup, eh? Try degaussing the magnet in your JB (you can find how to do this on the Seymour Duncan forums). It'll bring out more mids and take some of the extreme highs and lows off.

Also check out the DiMarzio D Activator X, Evolution 2, and Super Distortion 3.

When in doubt: Talk to Phil Timpson and get him to build you a midrange monster
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Hey I did a bit of pickup comparisons in a thread. Figured I'd post them here..

If you want you can put them on the main page or something too.

Warpig vs Evo

*Note these were both tested in an Ibanez JEM7VWH

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/EvoClip.mp3 Evo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Warpig%20Clip.mp3 - Warpig
(In the Warpig Clip, at the end there is a demonstration of the difference between the Warpig and Evo side by side. It's a big difference in my opinion! For the good though)

There you go guys. Clips of the Dimarzio EVO vs The BKP Warpig both are in the bridge.

Warpig vs EMG81

Pickup EMG 81 in bridge position

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Chugga.mp3

Same thing but with a BareKnuckle Warpig in my Jem7VWH

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Chugga%20Warpig.mp3
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Randall RM100
Madison Divinity II
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Apr 7, 2010,
Hi, I have a GRG 170 DX (H-S-H, Basswood body) and I will change the pickups. I think in Alnico II Pro for Neck and JB for the Bridge.

I play Classic Rock and Hard Rock.

Is it a good combination?

Thanks.
Quote by RedSuperstrat
Hi, I have a GRG 170 DX (H-S-H, Basswood body) and I will change the pickups. I think in Alnico II Pro for Neck and JB for the Bridge.

I play Classic Rock and Hard Rock.

Is it a good combination?

Thanks.

Sounds good to me, you may want to check out the SH-2 Jazz for the neck too.
I've always wanted to change the pickups on my Epiphone dot (maple laminate body) and was wondering if I could get some recommendations before I blow my money on something stupid.

I'm going for a more classic rock and blues tone but if it can handle that well and be more versatile it'd be a plus.

Thank you in advance.
[IMG]http://mars.walagata.com/w/overdrive91/she_wants_to_move800_600.jpg[IMG]
so would a JB in the neck and a duncan distortion in the bridge work well and the blade style pickup was for aesthic purposes i like the look

Quote by Bearded_Seth

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Ok EMG 81 in bridge, 89 in neck and a free single coil slot in the middle which I want to fill. The 81 is obviously great for tight metal riffery and the 89 is pretty versatile but still has the EMG sound. So for the middle I want something different. Something with nicer cleans than the EMGs but still able to give a full raunchy blusey classic rocky crunch.

Any ideas?