Hey, I've got a Gibson SG Special Faded, and i'm tired of the faded color so i want to get a dark green gloss finish on it. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how much that would be. Thanks!
Thanks but idk if I trust myself enough to do that to my Gibson. Anyone have a figure on how much it would cost to have someone do it?
depends on where you get it done and what kind of results you are looking for.
Also will depend on where you are located. The best idea is to just go there and ask them the price.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
If you take everything apart yourself then you will probably end up paying less because thats quite a bit of labor right there.
Quote by MrFlibble
Zakk Wylde actually uses four MGs on stage. One set to crushing overdrive, one set to brutal distortion, one set to crushingly brutal distortion, and the fourth set to brutally crushing overdrive.

Krank Distortion Pedal!!!!
If you strip the guitar yourself, send it off and only want one solid colour then you won't have to pay as much, but could still end up paying $150

HELLO!

Don't worry, it's very easy, especially just a single color.

Basically you just spray, sand, spray, sand, spray, sand, apply finish, and put everything back together.

Check out Reranch, there's also a tut somewhere on here. Ask Skeet UK any questions, he's good.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Wow TS you sure showed society. Watch it crumble as you slowly walk by.

Quote by sebastian_96
ACCORDING TO YOU!
*unnecessary guitar fills*
Quote by manwiththeicema
Hey, I've got a Gibson SG Special Faded, and i'm tired of the faded color so i want to get a dark green gloss finish on it. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how much that would be. Thanks!

I heard my name mentioned.

Hmmm.

Well, that guitar does have a certain degree of value, so really you want to do it right.

There are two ways to do it right.

1) Pay someone to do it. A professional job will cost you upwards of $300 once you include postage and so on.

2) Do it yourself. You CAN do it right, but it takes time, materials, technique, attention to detail and some degree of skill. Would cost you less money, but how much less depends on how you do it and what equipment you have to hand.

Sims Custom USA

Sims Price guide

Those two links above take you to one of the best "pro" places in America for guitar refinishing.

If you want to do it yourself, post up in the Painting thread and I will pop aver for a chat and a coffee (your coffee!)
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
If you've not done any painting before i don't reccomend you start with a gibson sg. Probably best to take it to a paint shop to do it. If you take all the hardware off and sand down the paint yourself then you can save some money but i would say you're still looking about $2-300 for them to do it.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Well, I'm really not wanting to pay 300 for a simple finish, so I think I'm going to try it myself lol, didn't really pay anything for the SG, but that doesn't mean I want to trash it. Thanks for those tips guys!
Quote by manwiththeicema
Well, I'm really not wanting to pay 300 for a simple finish, so I think I'm going to try it myself lol, didn't really pay anything for the SG, but that doesn't mean I want to trash it. Thanks for those tips guys!

If you want to do it yourself, head over to the painting thread and post up so we can chip in to help you out.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by manwiththeicema
How much does a paintjob cost?
That's like asking how much does a blowjob cost.

Answer: It depends on who's doing it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
hmmmm what if i have the body sanded and readuy for spray, but i dont trust myself to do it myself... any where i can send it.
incase it helps, i just want it a flat white, kinda like the les paul white
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
That's seriously damn easy.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Wow TS you sure showed society. Watch it crumble as you slowly walk by.

Quote by sebastian_96
ACCORDING TO YOU!
*unnecessary guitar fills*