Page 1 of 3
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
I like this band. If they had a free EP up, I would download it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
FatKidsOnMopeds</3
my mind is a birdcage
5,199 IQ
i love keith and cathy and jonn. luckily i had the chance to play with them on their last tourr. best ****ing people to hang out ever and make amazing musicc. CHRIS FROM MINERAL GUEST VOX ON NEXT EP?????????????????????//
Last edited by FatKidsOnMopeds</3 at Mar 18, 2010,
Guitarist132
sam
90 IQ
Quote by FatKidsOnMopeds</3
i love keith and cathy and jonn. luckily i had the chance to play with them on their last tourr. best ****ing people to hang out ever and make amazing musicc. CHRIS FROM MINERAL GUEST VOX ON NEXT EP?????????????????????//

Really? That'd be fcking awesome

and that's doubly awesome you got to play with them
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
kurtrip
51 IQ
they are doing one show here in the netherlands,
but it's on the same day as Gods & Queens, which I missed last time
stratstrummer40
antennas to heaven
70 IQ
ya they are decent, i used to talk to them actually when they first started out i think, im not sure how we started talking but they seemed to be cool cats. i dig their tunes.

p.s. this is my first post in like 2 years, man this board has changed haha
HonestIain
Frank vs. Dweezil
10 IQ
Quote by hippieboy444
I like them. Are there any records out?

I know they have a 7" with Football, etc. and a 2xLP Full length because I have them. They also have a 7" that's out of print and an EP that I think is only on CD that is also OOP.

I got to play with them on our last tour. They're such great people.
FatKidsOnMopeds</3
my mind is a birdcage
5,199 IQ
Quote by HonestIain
I know they have a 7" with Football, etc. and a 2xLP Full length because I have them. They also have a 7" that's out of print and an EP that I think is only on CD that is also OOP.

suck it.
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
414 IQ
Quote by HonestIain

With Empire! Empire!
Suck it

Which one are you? I recognize Keith and Cathy, but I don't know about everyone else. They have four in the band, right?

I saw these guys live once, when I was visiting a friend in Texas, back in January. They're really good. Remind me of Sunny Day Real Estate, but with more of a post rock influence. I haven't listened to them in a while though...I'm gonna binge.
HonestIain
Frank vs. Dweezil
10 IQ
The four on the left are Empire! Empire!
I'm the one in the yellow hat/glasses. My other bandmate is in the blue cardigan and in the KU hat is our friend CJ who went on tour with us as a merch guy.
12:51 AM
238 IQ
Quote by HonestIain
The four on the left are Empire! Empire!
I'm the one in the yellow hat/glasses. My other bandmate is in the blue cardigan and in the KU hat is our friend CJ who went on tour with us as a merch guy.

That's so awesome. They were going to play my parent's basement but I couldn't work the show out. So so good.
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
414 IQ
Quote by 12:51 AM
That's so awesome. They were going to play my parent's basement but I couldn't work the show out. So so good.

That would've been amazing, dude.
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
240 IQ
This band is so incredibly good. I had the pleasure of seeing them twice; the second time, I helped organize the show and they stayed at my place. Nicest dudes ever. I always expect people in bands like this to be super serious, but they sat at IHOP with me and my friends and joked about boners. That was a fun night.

Quote by HonestIain

Football Etc. is also incredibly nice and way underrated! I unfortunately haven't heard that split yet, all I have is "First Down" and the Summer 2010 Tour cd they gave me.

Quote by punkforlife93
I saw these guys live once, when I was visiting a friend in Texas, back in January.

Okay so I have two very important questions: Who's your friend, and which show was it? I was at the one at 1919
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Last edited by JesusOfSbrbia at Dec 6, 2010,
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
414 IQ
Umm...Ellie? Lol I'm sure you don't know her, she hasn't been there for TOO long.

But holy crap. The 1919 @ ft worth? THAT'S WHAT I WENT TO IT WAS SO GREAT. Lemuria was really good too, but whoa that's so weird!
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
240 IQ
^ Yeah, 1919 is my home venue dude! I think I've met someone named Ellie but I dunno. That show was really awesome though, and holy shit, small world. I might have connections to every PP&E regular (FKOM</3 is a friend of a friend, what?!) and just not know it yet.

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
This band is totally good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
240 IQ
Not really?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
InstantAXonHero
40 IQ
Only listened to 'On time spent waiting..", who was the other guy doing vocals?
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
ricta2
30 IQ
I think on "when you are done living on borrowed time" there are guest vocals from the singer of the band colossal.
Mean Mr Mustard
Naked By The Computer
5,388 IQ
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Anyone else get a kind of Smashing Pumpkins vibe with the vocals?

I do haha. Kinda a mix between Corgan and the vocalist of Sigur Ros only in English to me. Ive been getting into the full-length just recently, its great
ricta2
30 IQ
Got to see them last month and it was fantastic. I'll hopefully see them at sxsw as well.

I've been listening to "on time spent waiting..." at least twice a day for the past two weeks or so.
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
140 IQ
Good god is the singer terrible at talking to the crowd, it was so awkward when I saw them with Tiger's Jaw and B&C, the most uncomfortable pauses They were great though, I really REALLY like "I Swim Like A Minow". They kind of remind me of early Death Cab For Cutie, combined with SP.
Beakwithteeth
Wild and Reckless Hobo
50 IQ
Quote by ricta2
I think on "when you are done living on borrowed time" there are guest vocals from the singer of the band colossal.

REALLY ****ing awesome band.

EEIWALE are pretty amazing. I might go see them in March or some shit. I like when bands have super long pretentious names. I think it's funny.
InstantAXonHero
40 IQ
Quote by ricta2
I'll hopefully see them at sxsw as well.

They're playing!? Oh this is good news, got a list of other emo/pop punk bands who are playing too?
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
ricta2
30 IQ
Honestly not sure who is mate. I only knew about empire empire because when I saw them they announced that they'd be there. This year will also be the first time i'm attending sxsw too, so i'm a bit confused about how the whole thing is set up.

However, I do know that look mexico, and you blew it! are playing and topshelf records also made a facebook post saying that 2/3 of their roster would be playing as well.
goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
30 IQ
Quote by InstantAXonHero
They're playing!? Oh this is good news, got a list of other emo/pop punk bands who are playing too?

off the top of my head;

Seahaven
Such Gold
Braid
Hot Water Music
Living With Lions

there's a lot more that I can't think of. sxsw is orgasmic, I'm so jealous of my cousin that lives in Austin
InstantAXonHero
40 IQ
Quote by goldmember1217
Braid
Hot Water Music

**** yes.

Quote by ricta2
This year will also be the first time i'm attending sxsw too, so i'm a bit confused about how the whole thing is set up.

You by any chance from the UK?
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
ricta2
30 IQ
Nah man, I'm from Texas actually. Don't really have a good excuse for never attending sxsw other then never owning a car/having friends that are into this kind of music before about a year or two ago.
InstantAXonHero
40 IQ
Oh fair enough, I'm flying all the way from the UK over there! I just checked out the Topshelf and Count your Lucky Stars show, looks pretty super, but I would have really loved to have seen TWIABP.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
ricta2
30 IQ
Getting to see these guys twice during sxsw is going to be real treat.

And I know man I want to see The world is... so badly.
Page 1 of 3