MoreThanAMemory
331 IQ
Which one should I get for both Guitar AND Bass? I want to get just one pedal that I can switch between the two instruments. Which one would best suit my needs? The song at the top of my head that I'd use the pedal for is: for guitar, "Mess Of Me" by Switchfoot, and for bass "Hysteria" by Muse. Thanks in advance!
Hesh_09
Goes to 11.
77 IQ
If you have the extra $20 get the Tone Wicker. However, the big box Muff has way more mojo. Just something to consider.
Benguitar2
Rokit Powered
550 IQ
Quote by Hesh_09
However, the big box Muff has way more mojo. Just something to consider.

No offense to you, But mojo is crap.

Mojo doesn't effect guitar tone what-so-ever.

Instead, your "mojo" just takes up a butt-load more space on your pedal board.

/rant

I'd say go for the tone wicker one, My good friend has it and he loves it.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Last edited by Benguitar2 at Mar 19, 2010,
MoreThanAMemory
331 IQ
Are the only differences between the two the Tone and Wicker switches? How are they sound wise?
Hesh_09
Goes to 11.
77 IQ
Quote by Benguitar2
No offense to you, But mojo is crap.

Mojo doesn't effect guitar tone what-so-ever.

Instead, your "mojo" just takes up a butt-load more space on your pedal board.

/rant

I'd say go for the tone wicker one, My good friend has it and he loves it.

It's cool, you make a good point about the board size. Which is why I recommended the Tone Wicker before I said anything else.

^The LBM and Tone Wicker are the same circuit with the exception of the added switches. There is a gearmanndude shoot out of all three on Youtube.
Last edited by Hesh_09 at Mar 19, 2010,
Benguitar2
Rokit Powered
550 IQ
Quote by Hesh_09
It's cool, you make a good point about the board size. Which is why I recommended the Tone Wicker before I said anything else.

^The LBM and Tone Wicker are the same circuit with the exception of the added switches. There is a gearmanndude shoot out of all three on Youtube.

Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
boboguitar
Josh.
913 IQ
Well, the Tone Wicker is just a Little Big Muff plus some switches, so if you have the money for the Tone Wicker, go for it.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Melodic_Rocker
Registered Loser
699 IQ
The best one for guitar and bass is a Sovtek Big Muff. It preserves the low end much better than the NYC Muffs.
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)
2,713 IQ
Dudes. Seriously. The Bass Big Muff is what you want. It's modeled after a vintage muff so it's absolutely killer with guitar, and it has a wet/dry mix and bass boost switch so you can get a great bass tone too. No matter what instrument is in my hands (aside from drumsticks) that pedal is at my feet. Instant gilmour tone on guitar, and instant muse tone on bass. And it's a really decent price (I think I paid 70?).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
rhcp_freak
UG Spammer
2,981 IQ
Quote by Hesh_09
However, the big box Muff has way more mojo. Just something to consider.

Even though it bears no resemblance to the original Triangle Muff and takes up even more space.

I personally don't like the sound of the Tone Wicker Muffs, and I think you should go with a good clone (i.e. SUF) unless you really need the extra tonal options from the Tone Wicker.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Hesh_09
Goes to 11.
77 IQ
Quote by rhcp_freak
Even though it bears no resemblance to the original Triangle Muff and takes up even more space.

Already been through that.

I wasn't serious, which is why I put the tongue smiley after it.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
rhcp_freak
UG Spammer
2,981 IQ
Quote by Hesh_09
Already been through that.

I wasn't serious, which is why I put the tongue smiley after it.

Well I was just kinda adding that the Big Muff didn't look like it does now until 1976.

I would totally save up for an SUF seeing as they take up less board space and are built extremely well. The Little Muff sounds kinda different to the Big Muff.

I wonder if Matt (SUF) will do a Tone Bypass Muff clone.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Lil Macker
rekcaM liL
783 IQ
Quote by Sid McCall
Dudes. Seriously. The Bass Big Muff is what you want. It's modeled after a vintage muff so it's absolutely killer with guitar, and it has a wet/dry mix and bass boost switch so you can get a great bass tone too. No matter what instrument is in my hands (aside from drumsticks) that pedal is at my feet. Instant gilmour tone on guitar, and instant muse tone on bass. And it's a really decent price (I think I paid 70?).

Modeled after the Russian Big Muff

But Russian Big Muffs are cool, I'd maybe look out for one of them or get the Bass Muff. I'd get one, but I've just spent a fair bit on a vintage Big Muff.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Jhachey22
Bαnned on the Run
2,898 IQ
Quote by rhcp_freak

I personally don't like the sound of the Tone Wicker Muffs, and I think you should go with a good clone (i.e. SUF) unless you really need the extra tonal options from the Tone Wicker.

This.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.