Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser
975 IQ
buy an mbox 2 off craig's list or ebay for about $200, and make sure it comes with a registered protools. Your limited to 2 microphones at one time until you can spend about $400, which is going to cause problems recording your drums if you only got two mics. The tascam he linked above me is a great buy if you've already got some software like cubase or sonar.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
SEALSniper1152
UG's Emerging Lawyer
352 IQ
No, that is too small to do anything but guitar work on.

I like the M-audio Fast-track stuff, but that's a personal preference. Line 6, and Digidesign do a great job too.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Line-6-Pod-Studio-UX2-with-Pod-Farm-105148571-i1427098.gc

or

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-Fast-Track-MKII-105632467-i1474272.gc
SEALSniper1152
UG's Emerging Lawyer
352 IQ
Quote by guitar nubsauce
buy an mbox 2 off craig's list or ebay for about $200, and make sure it comes with a registered protools. Your limited to 2 microphones at one time until you can spend about $400, which is going to cause problems recording your drums if you only got two mics. The tascam he linked above me is a great buy if you've already got some software like cubase or sonar.

unless you split two hanging mics into one input... as long as you balance them right, then you use the second mic for the kick. Lots of pros will use only 3 mics on a drum set.
StillSoundRG
UG's Banana Penis
845 IQ
Quote by guitar nubsauce

It actually comes with Cubase. So that's cool. And I got it for $260.00 off MusiciansFriend. Common around $300.00.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser
975 IQ
Quote by StillSoundRG
It actually comes with Cubase. So that's cool. And I got it for $260.00 off MusiciansFriend. Common around $300.00.

Heh, that's a pretty nice deal for sure.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
MetalUpYourRear
247 IQ
Im currently using a Line 6 UX2. It works great for a single mic, or single instrument. I plan on buying the Tascam mentioned above soon. After I get a good pre-amp though.
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser
975 IQ
Quote by SEALSniper1152
unless you split two hanging mics into one input... as long as you balance them right, then you use the second mic for the kick. Lots of pros will use only 3 mics on a drum set.

It's all matter of opinion, but I wouldn't recommend it. You'd lose control over your separate overheads making phasing, panning, and mixing a nightmare, and there's no logical reason to use 3 mics if you have 8 at your disposal. If your on a budget I guess this would be a way to ghetto rig it, haha, but before doing that I'd recommend recording with 2 takes and just moving the mics around.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Last edited by guitar nubsauce at Mar 30, 2010,
Glyph92
253 IQ
The amount of mics for drums shouldn't be an issue because i should be able to mic my drums to my mixer and plug that mixer to the usb interface which will plug into my computer.
StillSoundRG
UG's Banana Penis
845 IQ
The interface will have to be compatible to be daisy-chained like that.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
guitar nubsauce
Registered Loser
975 IQ
Glyph - If you're planning on just goin left in right in I wouldn't recommend it. It might be alright to play around with, but you're really limiting your mix and setting yourself for a headache.

I'd recommend doing different takes and moving the mics around so each has it's own separate channel.
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
saint22
is a Registered User
259 IQ
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how do you guys like the tascam? I've been looking it getting it and would like some opinions/

To contribute to the OP though, glyph, correct me if i'm wrong but you're going instrument/amp > mic > interface > computer right?
StillSoundRG
UG's Banana Penis
845 IQ
Quote by saint22
Sorry to hijack the thread, but how do you guys like the tascam? I've been looking it getting it and would like some opinions

Says 16 simultaneous inputs for recording at once, but it's more like 14, but that's still a lot. I haven't gotten mine yet, just ordered today. But I'm really looking forward to miking up the drums with 8 XLRs and then the rest of the band in 1/4"s.

For $300.00 there's nothing even like it on the market that I've found.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
SEALSniper1152
UG's Emerging Lawyer
352 IQ
Quote by Glyph92
The amount of mics for drums shouldn't be an issue because i should be able to mic my drums to my mixer and plug that mixer to the usb interface which will plug into my computer.

This completely defeats the purpose of having a DAW on your computer, with the whole mix run in like that you will not be able to do any post-processing on the mix, everything will be exactly as it came out of the mixer. It's doable in a pinch, but it's better to use the DAW as the mixer, and record in click-tracks.

I hated that too when I was new at recording, but the old recordings sound like ass because i couldn't mix them properly.
Glyph92
253 IQ
Quote by SEALSniper1152
This completely defeats the purpose of having a DAW on your computer, with the whole mix run in like that you will not be able to do any post-processing on the mix, everything will be exactly as it came out of the mixer. It's doable in a pinch, but it's better to use the DAW as the mixer, and record in click-tracks.

I hated that too when I was new at recording, but the old recordings sound like ass because i couldn't mix them properly.

What if I had my friend record drums on an 8 track and he mixes it then sends the track to me and I put guitar and vocals over it?
Mr.Oliver
98 IQ
Well, couldn't you just have your mixer and your DAW plugged to your computer? So you can have each channel on a separate track and still have your DAW sound quality.

I'm no pro, therefore I have no idea if this is possible.