Page 3 of 41
Quote by mexican_shred
I got lazy and used a backing track from a website. I still have yet to post something with superior. Ill try to upload something in 2-4 weeks when school gets out and i have all my gear at my disposal and the time to.

But usually ill tab it in GP or finale, and then export the midi into my DAW and run the program vsti on the track. im still trying to buy some roland or Alesis v drums to make things a little easier on myself.

But then you gotta know how to play the drums I'm not that great at drums .

What site did you get that backing track from?! I've been looking for some backing tracks that sound good and that sounded great.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
But then you gotta know how to play the drums I'm not that great at drums .

What site did you get that backing track from?! I've been looking for some backing tracks that sound good and that sounded great.

usually guitarbackingtracks.com

This one has been on my comp for like 2 years and i might have gotten it when guitarbt was still active. So im not sure. usually guitarbackingtracks.com will have good ones or some forums will as well

Gotta learn sometime ill get my drummer friend to play the v drums lol
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
wooo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1371004/8.mp3

you inspired me to do that riff, it had me noddin my head. Sorry it's sloppy i just spent 5 mins learning it (I usually play Blink 182) :P

the amp is Solo C vst, it's too late to fire up my boogie but I def will tomorrow.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

that's a really really really really good clean tone, i'd suggest maybe 2 things. 1. tune yer guitar. 2. just a touch of chorus.

other than that. amazing!!!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
that's a really really really really good clean tone, i'd suggest maybe 2 things. 1. tune yer guitar. 2. just a touch of chorus.

other than that. amazing!!!

ding ding. nothing ruins a guitar or any instrument for that matter more than tuning for me. I've had to stop a session because of tuning
Thanks guys.

I think a bit of chorus would be nice also, I'll try it. Also, good thing I tuned up before I recorded the rest of the song.
Ryan's= as tight as a boa constrictor's death grip
Last edited by mexican_shred at Apr 4, 2010,
Quote by mexican_shred
Ryan's= as tight as a boa constrictor's death grip

Agreed, almost too much so
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Bostonrocks

Sounds awesome man...I really like it!

The leads cut through a lot better now and the drums are better too
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
There's still something about it. It just doesn't cut. It feels far away still. Hmm....
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
There's still something about it. It just doesn't cut. It feels far away still. Hmm....

Any advice? I think I might change the "room" setting to 0% and see where that takes me.

EDIT: Just tried it. I hear no difference at all. For **** sakes. This is getting really frustrating.

"Tone Test Number Six" is in my profile. There is no difference IMO, but who knows.

Now I'm going to screw around with different mic/positions.

EDIT 2:

I think I've fixed the problem!

"Tone Test Number Seven" in in my profile. Changed the mic to the Sennheiser 421 Dynamic Microphone.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Apr 4, 2010,
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Hard%20Times%20Mix%205.mp3

brought the drums up a little, re tracked a few pieces i also put some cymbals in and a few drum rolls.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

Any advice? I think I might change the "room" setting to 0% and see where that takes me.

EDIT: Just tried it. I hear no difference at all. For **** sakes. This is getting really frustrating.

"Tone Test Number Six" is in my profile. There is no difference IMO, but who knows.

Now I'm going to screw around with different mic/positions.

EDIT 2:

I think I've fixed the problem!

"Tone Test Number Seven" in in my profile. Changed the mic to the Sennheiser 421 Dynamic Microphone.

Hmm even with your edit I'm still not feeling it. If I were you I'd read up on some demos, watch some youtube vids, see how other people are doing it and try to fix your problem from there.

Quote by Bostonrocks
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Hard%20Times%20Mix%205.mp3

brought the drums up a little, re tracked a few pieces i also put some cymbals in and a few drum rolls.

Overall it sounds good...but I would bring the snare down. At the moment it's dominating the mix a bit too much. Other than that there's not really anything I would change. I wasn't too keen on the cymbal crashes leading up to the second solo, maybe a bit loud.

That second solo sounds sexy as hell!
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Quote by tr3nt
Hmm even with your edit I'm still not feeling it. If I were you I'd read up on some demos, watch some youtube vids, see how other people are doing it and try to fix your problem from there.
Are you guys mastering your tracks at all?

Or are they just mixes? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Mine are only mixes.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

I've only posted one song at the start of this thread, but mine are pretty much just mixes. My monitoring setup is nowhere near decent enough to master on...it's barely enough to mix on

All I have on the master bus is Gclip to take off the most extreme peaks and a limiter to boost the volume and stop any unwanted clipping.

Quote by idiotbox919
Overall it sounds good...but I would bring the snare down. At the moment it's dominating the mix a bit too much. Other than that there's not really anything I would change. I wasn't too keen on the cymbal crashes leading up to the second solo, maybe a bit loud.

That second solo sounds sexy as hell!

Darn that Snare, I'll see what I can do. I'll cut some 8k in those cymbals. that'll help em'.

Thanks man.!!!

as for Mastering dimebag. I don't do much either. my system is barely good enough for mixing let alone mastering. although I do usually put a compressor and a limiter on the mix to get rid of the spikes and things
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

No =\. It just sounds like your mic is really far away from the speaker, or like there's a pillow in front of the speaker or somethin. Like I said go look up a tutorial on the Pod farm, that's what your using right? Then try that, and post your results here, we can go from there.

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy Guuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyysssssssss

I just saw this.
I am ready to be judged harshly.
Do you guys only judge high gain tones?
I'm more of a cleans, fuzz, and overdrive type guy.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Do you guys only judge high gain tones?
I'm more of a cleans, fuzz, and overdrive type guy.

haha we judge anything in here man! Personally, I love it when someone comes in with something different..it's nice to get some variety!

It's just a lot of the UG userbase play metal so it seems like everyone does...I mean how often do we get "Metal amp advice" or "I need something to play metal" threads in GG&A

I actually posted an acoustic cover I did on the first page. So yeah, post what you've got and we'll do our best

EDIT: After reading Brett quoting me I noticed my shocking grammar and sorted it out

Last edited by idiotbox919 at Apr 5, 2010,
Quote by idiotbox919
haha we judge anything in here man! I personally, love it when someone comes in with something different..it's nice to get some variety!

It's just a lot of the UG userbase play metal so it seems like everyone does...I mean how often do we get "Metal amp advice" or "I need something to play metal" threads in GG&A

I actually posted an acoustic cover I did on the first page. So yeah, post what you've got and we'll do our best

Yeah!!!! i agree. I used to be in here all the time and got bored of the "brootalz" soyeah hahaha....

I'll post some of my softer stuff later maybe
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Been a long time since I posted, been a bit busy, but I've recently gotten some time to play and record something. If ya'll didn't know, I'm a big fan of "The Cars", so I tried to play something like The Cars, but with my own twist, you know, like a high gain 50's style music, idk, trying something different.

The drums are horribly off, I tried to fit them to the track after I recorded the guitar parts, and failed, but it gets my basic idea across of what I'm trying to do, I need to rerecord the whole thing though.

I tried a few things different with the tone, so tell me what you think, better? Worse? Needs improvment?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play817895

For those of you who care and need a drum plugin, toontrack is offering 50% off rebate right now. So superior drummer at GC is 150
Ethan: First off....man those drums are really distracting, they need sorting and then some tight tracking, but that will come in a second draft I assume. The rhythm guitars remind me of early Greenday, generally pretty cool. The leads sounded kinda flat and lifeless...I think they need more gain, quite a bit more mids and as they're slow I would slap a bunch of reverb on them too.

NEW THREADDDDDDDD!!!!

Wooopt

My latest effort http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/chrism3006/music/all/play817995

Good job on the thread mark!

EDIT: Better quality on dropbox:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1681257/Narcostising%20Disfunction%20Final%203.mp3
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Last edited by chrism3006 at Apr 8, 2010,
Quote by chrism3006
NEW THREADDDDDDDD!!!!

Wooopt

My latest effort http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/chrism3006/music/all/play817995

Good job on the thread mark!

EDIT: Better quality on dropbox:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1681257/Narcostising%20Disfunction%20Final%203.mp3

Woah sweet, post recording gear??

Quote by tr3nt
Woah sweet, post recording gear??

Thanks man!

All guitars are DI'd and then reamped as follows:

Schecter C1 Elite > Maxon Od808 > 5150 = Rhythms
Schecter C1 Elite > Maxon Od808 > Cobra = Lead
Shecter C4 > Podfarm > Ampeg = Bass

Steven Slate + Superior 2.0 = Drums

Shure SM7B > Profire 2626 = Vocals
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Last edited by chrism3006 at Apr 8, 2010,
Quote by chrism3006
Thanks man!

All guitars are DI'd and then reamped as follows:

Schecter C1 Elite > Maxon Od808 > 5150 = Rhythms
Schecter C1 Elite > Maxon Od808 > Cobra = Lead
Shecter C4 > Podfarm > Ampeg = Bass

Steven Slate + Superior 2.0 = Drums

Shure SM7B > Profire 2626 = Vocals

Awesome! Is this a hobby or are you doing it for a living or anything? Sounds very professional.

Chris: Dude sweet ass tracks. Loved it.
"Tone Test Eight"

in profile. I added some more treble, as that's generally what makes the "muffled" sound, correct? Lack of highs?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DIMEBAGLIVEDON/

EDIT: Hearing it, it still sounds muffled. Opinions?

I think I'm cutting an important frenquency. I'll post another clip tomorrow.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Apr 8, 2010,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
"Tone Test Eight"

in profile. I added some more treble, as that's generally what makes the "muffled" sound, correct? Lack of highs?

It needs a shit ton more mids, it sounds very scooped.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
"Tone Test Eight"

What patch are you using? Amp? Cab? Pedal? compressor? EQ?

I have POD Farm, too. You should be getting better tones than this.