Recently bought a Gibson LP Traditional and every part of it is fantastic except for the high e string. It has a nasty twangy sound at almost every fret. Open string sounds a bit twangy, but it keeps going up all the way to the fret 22. Some frets are more twangy than others, but when fretting from 15+ it gets really bad, and fret 22 is just horrible. Would a problem in the nut affect the sound when im fretting a string?

Any tips on how i can fix this are highly appreciated.
The nut would not affect the sound when you're fretting.
Is sound more of a buzzing instead of being twangy?
Is the string sitting on the bridge saddle properly?
Could a pickup be too close to the strings and causing buzzing?
Could the action on the treble side of the bridge be too low?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
The nut would not affect the sound when you're fretting.
Is sound more of a buzzing instead of being twangy?
Is the string sitting on the bridge saddle properly?
Could a pickup be too close to the strings and causing buzzing?
Could the action on the treble side of the bridge be too low?

The pickups are actually pretty far from the string that is not the problem. I doubt it's the action since it does not occur on any of the other strings, not even when im actually listening closely for it.

It is some kind of a buzz, but does not sound as the regular fret buzz i've experienced before. Regarding the bridge saddle, im not sure how to actually check this. The saddle is stable although i can feel a minimum movement when pulling the string, which i can't feel on any of the other strings.
Something may be loose that is making the buzzing sound.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
My guess is that its something to do with the saddle. See if the saddle wiggles or anything when you touch it. It wont be fret buzz seeing how it happens at the last fret. Try changing the string perhaps?
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Does your bridge have a saddle retainer (thin chrome wire)? They can buzz if not put in right. Also, mute all the strings behind the bridge with your palm and play a note. Still there?
Strats & SGs
Axe-FX Ultra
JMP-1
Peavey Classic 50/50
4x12 V30s & 30Hs
I have the same exact problem with my guitar. It is related to something with the bridge. I'm pretty sure the saddle notch has like a sharp spot in it or something. It sucks though because it's extremely noticeable, even through the amp. The only thing with mine is that it only happens sometimes. Whenever I change strings it goes away, but if I adjust intonation or bridge height it will come back. I ordered a new saddle for that string a couple days ago. I'll let you know if it fixes it.
Quote by TheWaydown
I have the same exact problem with my guitar. It is related to something with the bridge. I'm pretty sure the saddle notch has like a sharp spot in it or something. It sucks though because it's extremely noticeable, even through the amp. The only thing with mine is that it only happens sometimes. Whenever I change strings it goes away, but if I adjust intonation or bridge height it will come back. I ordered a new saddle for that string a couple days ago. I'll let you know if it fixes it.

Yeah so I had my sitar noise fixed. I was told the saddle/notch on my guitar wasn't cut at the right angle. He had to file it down. It seems to have fixed the problem.