cj_lespaul
578 IQ
I'm sure you've heard of it, containing the guitar scale system and I think 6 other websites. Do any of these work? Idk anyone who wants to pay that much. Scale system is About $200 i think. They work?
Geldin
1,677 IQ
Nope. None of these systems work. The only thing that's going to get you good (aside from some inborn predisposition to dexterity) is lots of practice. Those systems offer a "get good fast" concept but can't deliver anything. Don't waste your money.
Last edited by Geldin at Apr 3, 2010,
Matt420740
Banned
851 IQ
You can learn everything they teach you better yourself. As long as you can find the appropriate information and study.

However, if you want lessons and your going to PAY for them, then go get 1 on 1 lessons with an instructor. Someone there in the same room with you can teach you so much more.
MossyMan
103 IQ
Thor himself recommended it to me....

But man paying 200 quid for something with such a cheesy name; dont do it
MossyMan
103 IQ
Quote by cj_lespaul
Yeah it sounds "too good" to be true.

I dont think 200 dollars is too good myself....
Avedas
yoloswag420
683 IQ
Give me $200 and I'll hop on Google and find every scale you can think of and show you how to play it.
Blind In 1 Ear
Git-Man
2,967 IQ
Quote by Geldin
Nope. None of these systems work. The only thing that's going to get you good (aside from some inborn predisposition to dexterity) is lots of practice. Those systems offer a "get good fast" concept but can't deliver anything. Don't waste your money.

pretty much. you cant really speed up muscle memory. being good is pretty much a by product of muscle memory which takes time to learn. so you can learn all these concepts, and some might be good and some might actually help you learn, but they wont actally make you a physically better player.
Tominator_1991
Registered ______
699 IQ
Quote by Avedas
Give me $200 and I'll hop on Google and find every scale you can think of and show you how to play it.

+1

This haha
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
Tominator_1991
Registered ______
699 IQ
Quote by Will Swanson

you forgot to demand $200!!
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
Aleksi
More Metal Than Thou
507 IQ
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
pretty much. you cant really speed up muscle memory.

Actually, studies have shown that sleeping can speed up the consolidation of "muscle memories".
However, TS, ignore all these courses that promise quick results for a hefty price. It doesn't work.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
GilbertsPinky
Banned
461 IQ
^ Every single pay-for course on the internet is rubbish in my opinion. They can't help you apart from give you exercises - but you can get all the exercises you want here on UG.

Someone that can't see your problem will likely not be able to help you like a real-life tutor could. I'd suggest spending your $200 on a tutor you can go and see face-to-face. Even if you can't afford a tutor after that, if he's any good he will give you a lot of good tips and will boost your playing.
zhilla
344 IQ
Quote by GilbertsPinky
Someone that can't see your problem will likely not be able to help you like a real-life tutor could. I'd suggest spending your $200 on a tutor you can go and see face-to-face. Even if you can't afford a tutor after that, if he's any good he will give you a lot of good tips and will boost your playing.
+1