Page 1 of 8
emad
Rocker
13,122 IQ
According to Arobas Music's website, Guitar pro 6 was released on April 5, 2010.

More info about the product can be found in this page.

If you have any experience using it, please share
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
iTzMaTT
Pizza Pockets...ASSEMBLEE
422 IQ
I downloaded the trial version. It's pretty nice. Easier on the eyes compared to the older version.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
kian89
UG Board King
483 IQ
What about the memory overload error in GP6 ????????
its disgusting in 5
hellbound_jonny
An Uncertain Romance
662 IQ
Is anyone else having any trouble getting onto the Guitar Pro website?
I can't register my GP6 version either because the 'Server is busy'.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
chromaticvision
slapslappopslap
4,944 IQ
i love it. I bought it straight away and it's amazing. can we upload .gpx file tabs?
kian89
UG Board King
483 IQ
Quote by iTzMaTT
I downloaded the trial version. It's pretty nice. Easier on the eyes compared to the older version.

what are the limitations in the trail version bro ??
crizzack
87 IQ
the trial version sucks compared to GP 5's trial trial version for 6 is you can only open the GP's it comes with and u cant save. atleast in 5 u could do anything u just had 30 days to reg. so with that said whens somebody gonna upload a damn license key or torrent for this shit?
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
it seems great but there are no tabs that will open with it as they are all older versions
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
crizzack
87 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
it seems great but there are no tabs that will open with it as they are all older versions

are u talking about the demo or the full?

the demo u cant open any but the ones that come with it...

but if u mean the full... well GP5 can open all older versions thats blasphemy if they made GP6 so it cant.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
yeah the full one,

it may just be me, but nothing i look up that is gp5 or older will open.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
crizzack
87 IQ
shiit. I was thinking about actually paying for it. but if thats the case Id rather stick with GP5 =]
Quaned
UG's Engineering student
1,126 IQ
^this
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
killergege
Tab Contributor
839 IQ
Bought it.

Pretty nice, many improvements. Some music symbol added (barre, fermata, 4 voices...), improved interface.
The music sheet display is fully customizable through style sheets (font, symbol size...)

I don't like it but they added a new RSE (Realistic Sound Engine), now you can choose your gear chain (amp, effects pedal... even guitar mic).
I don't like it because the default sound is pretty crappy and I think it's not so easy to get a good sound.

One real downside is that, for now, the old files (gp3, gp4, gp5) are not really well handled. Every tab has to be edited, at least for RSE config & adjusting sound levels.
Worse, often the tabs are altered (some symbols disappeared, on some tab I lost harmonics...).
But they are working on fixing that so I guess it will be soon a really great tool !

You can follow the news about it on their facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arobas-Music-Guitar-Pro/153747039336?ref=nf
Kenbeek
Banned
20 IQ
Quote by killergege
One real downside is that, for now, the old files (gp3, gp4, gp5) are not really well handled. Every tab has to be edited, at least for RSE config & adjusting sound levels.
Worse, often the tabs are altered (some symbols disappeared, on some tab I lost harmonics...).
But they are working on fixing that so I guess it will be soon a really great tool !

Can it handle old tabs properly without RSE?
killergege
Tab Contributor
839 IQ
Today : yes and no.
In most cases it works, don't worry. That's just that sometimes some symbols disappear (as I said, for instance, I lost all the harmonics on one of my tab when opening with gp6)...
And as it is the music symbols that are concerned, the problem exist with midi & RSE

It has also been reported that some instruments are mistuned, but it should be corrected by next week.

Some people are also complaining that it is not possible anymore to edit drums with the "tab" view. Drums are now only displayed and editable in "standard" notation.
From GP editor point of view the new way to enter the drums is better and easier to learn.

And I also forgot a great improvement I was waiting : a third view has been added (to "standard notation" and "tab") : the slash view. So any rhythm may be simplified by displaying only the Chord used and slashes for the rhythm.
Last edited by killergege at Apr 10, 2010,
kian89
UG Board King
483 IQ
if anyone found any torrent or working unlimited serial . PLEASE post it here ,
zzzaaaccc
Progressive/Jazz Fan
173 IQ
I downloaded the GP5 demo and it was great. I tried to download the the GP6 demo and it didn't work. I'm not suprised by this but should it have worked or not?
Favorite Gear

-Aria PE Anniversary
--Roland JC-120
---S101 ES-335
----S101 5 String
-----Ashdown MAG

Quote by thanksgiving
1. Talk to her friends.
2. Then talk to her
3. Invite her out on a date
4.??????????????
5. Jail
kian89
UG Board King
483 IQ
it* wouldve worked ofcourse
Last edited by kian89 at Apr 11, 2010,
killergege
Tab Contributor
839 IQ
Quote by zzzaaaccc
I downloaded the GP5 demo and it was great. I tried to download the the GP6 demo and it didn't work. I'm not suprised by this but should it have worked or not?

Before buying GP6, I used the trial version and it worked.
But this version is VERY limited as you cannot open any file. You can only open demo files (I think you can find them in Files -> Open example)
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I don't like it... at all
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
I'd like to buy it, but I'm too cheap. I'll be stuck with Tux Guitar. By the way, is this actually any good? This thread seems to have mixed opinions.
Fliip West
174 IQ
GP6 crashes on some gp5 files when you open them. Any other instruments other then drums and guitars are opened up as voice or keyboard tracks. Those tracks will loose all of there bending expressions, and cant be redone because you don't get a tablature staff, just a music staff. I do like the way they cleaned up the interface, but they got rid of the markers buttons. What a pain in tush. Palm muting could be a lot better to with the RSE. It needs to be adjustable to ho much of a mute you are doing. You so far cant right click in the bend window to add vibrato to the bend and you can only do simple bends so far as I can tell, meaning you have to know the exact timing of complex bends linking them together. This means you can no longer link a lot of notes over multiple measures and bend the first note and play around with to get the bend right. Because of this change it messes up complex bends in older formats also. I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff I haven't found yet that they need to fix. The should have waited to release this version. Not to completely pan them I do see the potential with the new version and I have sworn by there software since GP3.
Last edited by Fliip West at Apr 11, 2010,
shannone27
33 IQ
I hate how half the instruments can't be edited in the tab staff. Yeah yeah, it's 'technically' incorrect to use guitar tab to get a piano backing track, but it was definitely a lot easier for uneducated guitarists like myself (and the majority of the GP user base I assume). Besides, there's always the standard staff for the musical purists anyway.

It's also so much slower using the standard staff to track drums. If I want a kick sound now, I have to ensure I'm on the correct line. The older tab system was much quicker, where I knew '36' was a kick and it didn't matter which line it was on. The tab staff should be optional for these instruments. The program is called Guitar Pro after all...
kian89
UG Board King
483 IQ
Someone please inspire companies like Adobe or Acoustica to do smthin like that even better than GP
hellbound_jonny
An Uncertain Romance
662 IQ
Hmmm, very complicated to use I find, especially the RSE.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
crizzack
87 IQ
Quote by RedHtCurryPaste
Not Adobe, but

http://jamorigin.com

THIS ^

* AutoTabber

* GuitarHero with GP tabs

* Amp support

* 3D stuff and finger animations

* Music Videos

hmmm I checked this out looks very awesome but I dont believe its done yet.

its supposed to be the succoser to a program called "littlebigstar"
anyone know where to find it?
Fliip West
174 IQ
This site needs to let us upload .gpx files. The site tells you that you are using a incompatible format. I redid my version of Babe I'm Gon'na Leave You in GP6, and I cant upload it. lol I think for a first time with GP6 the sound is OK.
emad
Rocker
13,122 IQ
^site owners are workin on it.
Quote by zappp
ll A7X ll
91 IQ
Don't usually share serials but here's one that I found

****Post edited by emad***
kian89
UG Board King
483 IQ
Quote by ll A7X ll
Don't usually share serials but here's one that I found

****Post edited by emad***

I think serials are not allowed in Forum
Please hit me with a PM or something
crizzack
87 IQ
Quote by kian89
I think serials are not allowed in Forum
Please hit me with a PM or something

or just post where u "found" it
emad
Rocker
13,122 IQ
^
Quote by zappp
crizzack
87 IQ
-looks around inoccently- the devil made me do it
ehwalled
genius, absolutely genius
324 IQ
guitar pro 6 is 1000x better then gp5. gp5 for Mac sucked, this is great for the mac. hope gp6 releases more pedals and amps in the future that you can mess with. love the layout, sound, easy of use. gp5 for mac was really difficult to use, gp6 is super simple. A++
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
emad
Rocker
13,122 IQ
Could someone save a .gpx file and send it to me?
Quote by zappp