Gojirafist
122 IQ
I just need a list of indie songs or songs in general that are easy/beginner lvl to learn
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
Indie along with alternative tends to be a broad category. Can you post up some groups as an example?
the humanity
A Political Man
3,177 IQ
well, my bass go-to list for indie-
Lazy Eye/Well Thought Out Twinkles-Silversun Pickups
I Will Possess Your Heart- Death Cab For Cutie
You're a Wolf- Sea Wolf
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Alden Ashford
Prog+Punk
176 IQ
The New Year - Death Cab for Cutie
Is There a Ghost - Band of Horses
Eyes Open - Snow Patrol

Love these songs.
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.
the humanity
A Political Man
3,177 IQ
Quote by Alden Ashford

didn't hear bass well on this album.

loved the voice though.

Nick has gotten much more prominent in more recent albums, which I like. he sounds great.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
giacobe1
44 IQ
helicopter-Bloc party.
brainstorm- arctic monkeys.
Infern0shop
Some Guy
212 IQ
Quote by Alden Ashford
Eyes Open - Snow Patrol

Love these songs.

If were going Death Cab here, Summer Skin is pretty easy to learn and sounds alright.
Raizer Sabre
Taking to the sun
986 IQ
Quote by giacobe1
brainstorm- arctic monkeys.

that is a very fun song to play, i have to say. a lot of Kaiser Chiefs songs are rather easy but the only one i've bothered to learn is "Na-Na-Na-Na-Na" so try them
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Infern0shop
Some Guy
212 IQ
How about 'Pyscho Killer' by talking heads. That's a pretty simple but awesome bass line.
GrStMyGn
65 IQ
Obstacle 1 by Interpol. Absolutely GENIUS line.
RG_FANMAN
is stealing your pedals
2,557 IQ
Quote by GrStMyGn
Obstacle 1 by Interpol. Absolutely GENIUS line.

this x100000. Carlos D is a highly overlooked basis. Most of his basslines are really tasteful, add a lot of depth to the music and are a really huge part of Interpol's sound. I second the Silversun Pickups recommendation too; Nikki has a lot of really awesome basslines and they aren't too over the top to play. Death Cab for Cutie have quite a few good bass parts too; "I Will Possess Your Heart" and the break riff in "Crooked Teeth" are two choice bass licks to learn.

Arctic Monkey's also have good basslines. "Do Me a Favour" and "D is for Dangerous" are two good songs, The Smiths "This Charming Man," Modest Mouse "Bury Me With It," Placebo's "This Picture," and The Strokes "Juicebox" are all some good bass licks to get down if you're an indie fan.
roundwoundsound
UG Newbie
138 IQ
check out some brand new songs, their bassist garrett tierney can lay down quite a bassline..

just as a ex. for a simple song, try "you stole" off of their most recent album "daisy" that just came out late last year. very simple and easy to hear bassline.
Yawsbass
110 IQ
Quote by Alden Ashford
Eyes Open - Snow Patrol

Love these songs.

"Run" by Snow Patrol is also incredibly easy, but at the risk of sounding somewhat cocky, I almost fell asleep while playing that live once. It's around six minutes long and, from what I remember, is the same progression the entire time, so I got really, really bored.
SoftlySpokenLas
69 IQ
Quote by Yawsbass
"Run" by Snow Patrol is also incredibly easy, but at the risk of sounding somewhat cocky, I almost fell asleep while playing that live once. It's around six minutes long and, from what I remember, is the same progression the entire time, so I got really, really bored.

heh heh reminds me of the time I almost fell asleep playing yellow by coldplay - awful song and super boring bass.
Stud_Muffin
UG's Voice of Reason
2,657 IQ
andy rourke of the smiths is an absolute genius, when it comes to catchy basslines. i saw "this charming man" mentioned earlier, but my favourite riff is "barbarism begins in the home".

the bassist from the wombats comes up with some great stuff too, check out "backfire at the disco", "party in a forest" and "moving to new york".
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're cuter than Bieber.

Stud_Muffin: Officially cuter than Justin Bieber since '92.

jazzbass13
245 IQ
Pretty much anythin by interpol.... Carlos D is a genius
utmbarto
Fight Off Your Demons
678 IQ
I'm gunna have to say

Draining-Silversun Pickups
Anything off the album "Daisy" by Brand New
VersaEmerge, might be a little more hardcore but Devon lays down some sweet basslines
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
GrStMyGn
65 IQ
If you count The Smiths as indie, then pretty much anything Andy Rourke played on is gold. Really. Pick a song at random, they're all excellent fun and they really hammer down the pocket.
basitar92
104 IQ
Learn some Decemberist songs, their basslines are usually pretty simple while still having depth to them.
played[out]
click here to delete post
789 IQ
Arctic monkeys. Get good and play florecent adolescent. That song is so fun to play.
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
epy
Upright Bass Player
1,607 IQ
The Constantines
Hey Rosetta
Okkervil River
The National
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Seyda
O_O
33 IQ
Quote by utmbarto
I'm gunna have to say

Draining-Silversun Pickups
Anything off the album "Daisy" by Brand New
VersaEmerge, might be a little more hardcore but Devon lays down some sweet basslines

I love VersaEmerge.
Quote by Nexium
For a 10'er you certainly have found a good avatar.
lkngro
UG's cranky old teenager
1,837 IQ
ANYTHING by My Morning Jacket from the It Still Moves album. Easy and fun to play. Also, Interpol has some good basslines, though Carlos likes to play in Drop D alot. Phoenix basslines are a little tougher, but they are really REALLY fun to play once you get them. Silversun Pickups, The Slip, and Vampire Weekend are really fun too.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
jazzbass13
245 IQ
check out the band foals too.. really cool bass riffs.. especially olympic airways