freakforjesus
needs more cowbell
254 IQ
Jimi Hendrix once was asked "whats it like to be the greatest living guitarist?"
He replied "I wouldn't know ask Rory Gallagher."
Has anyone here heard of Rory Gallagher?
I just want to know what other people think.
Heylo12
Cant think cleverly now
90 IQ
ya, hes a fantastic guitar player.

I dont think hes better than Hendrix, but I think hes a close runner up. He did allot of acoustic blues and folk stuff aswell as electric blues and rock n roll. he wasnt as influential as hendrix though, most people I know have never heard of him.

definitley worth a listen to, he was also in a band called "Taste" before he went solo...

hes also got an amazing Strat
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
KirkMetallica
Irishman Down Under
1,472 IQ
You've never heard of Rory Gallagher? My god man...Excellent guitarist, I bought my first guitar in the same music shop that Rory bought his, which is quite cool.

Anyway, it's all subjective, in my opinion there are much better technical players nowadays, but in Jimi's time, he would probably be waay up there.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Jayjayobrien
Lost In Purple Haze
205 IQ
Brute Force & Ignorance is all I've heard, did'nt seem too bad. Yeah, his strat is some battered sunburst, looks so awesome :P
SatanPriest
I regret thy username ):
89 IQ
My coworker blasts one of his CDs at work, he's a wicked guitar player, sounds to me like a mix of Hendrix and SRV.
ParasiticTwins
MET'LLERR!!
592 IQ
Certainly not the best in terms of ability, but a fantastic, entertaining and incredibly modest blues guitarist. Always seemed to be an all round great guy (interviews and stuff, not personal)
freakforjesus
needs more cowbell
254 IQ
Also some more quotes
"The man who got me back into the blues"- Eric Clapton
"So these couple of kids come up, whos me and my mate, and say 'How do you get your sound Mr. Gallagher?' So he sits down and tells us. I owe Rory Gallagher my sound"- Brian May
soundgarden19
851 IQ
Rory's awesome, just need to say that. And I think that other guy Jimi was talking about was ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Last edited by soundgarden19 at Apr 14, 2010,
Swannie
drives a hearse
1,637 IQ
Shin Kicker is one of the best songs ever written