Page 5 of 15
To be fair, whenever a lot of shows try to do something special for their 100th or 200th episode or something, it always ends up becoming shitty. Like when That '70s show or Scrubs did those piece of shit musical episodes.
South Park's 100th episode was rather epic though. I'm a little bit country....
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Quote by The Madcap
To be fair, whenever a lot of shows try to do something special for their 100th or 200th episode or something, it always ends up becoming shitty. Like when That '70s show or Scrubs did those piece of shit musical episodes.

Yea. 70s show was bad when they tried that.

Scrubs was terribad. Probably the only episode I won't site down and rewatch. I mean, I would....but I wouldn't really appreciate it like I do all other episodes.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
TunerAddict = very annoying in this thread.

Anyway, I didn't like what they did with his dad. The episode had some pretty clever things in it, which I didn't expect because it seemed like they were running out of ideas. The Scott Tenerman (sp) episode was my favorite SP episode for a while. This new episode kinda ruins it. It also ruins the whole Cartman's mom is a transvestite joke as well. Otherwise, it was a pretty good episode. I was hoping that they would just show Muhammad really quick at the end to piss people off.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Dammit, the episode was pretty funny, but I still can't get over the fact that they didn't show Muhammad. South Park has always been the show that doesn't give a **** about political correctness, and this just shows that even South Park can't overcome Islamic fundamentalism. I'm sure Comedy Central probably did not allow them to show Muhammad, but it's still ****ing ridiculous and a true blow to free speech.

/rant
"Discussing"? You call it discussing?
No, disliking an episode does not make you a troll. Disliking a show does not make you a troll. Hell, you can dislike anything and dish out your opinion when you want and I won't care. But going into a thread and dileberatly dissing something because you feel you have to or whatever over and over again makes you an annoying troll.

Kid.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Last edited by devilskommander at Apr 21, 2010,
Quote by devilskommander
No, disliking an episode does not make you a troll. Disliking a show does not make you a troll. Hell, you can dislike anything and dish out your opinion when you want and I won't care. But going into a thread and dileberatly dissing it because you feel you have to or whatever over and over again makes you an annoying troll.

Kid.

Re-read the first post. Last episode sucked.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
there is a suitcase nuke inside hilldawgs snatch.. . . .
A SNUKE?
Attachments:
snuke.jpg
F' IT
(whats the worst that could happen)
Quote by IcePh0enix
Dammit, the episode was pretty funny, but I still can't get over the fact that they didn't show Muhammad. South Park has always been the show that doesn't give a **** about political correctness, and this just shows that even South Park can't overcome Islamic fundamentalism. I'm sure Comedy Central probably did not allow them to show Muhammad, but it's still ****ing ridiculous and a true blow to free speech.

/rant

Meh. There has never really been true free speech in the US, so it should not be a surprise.

But I digress.

I think with Tom Cruise returning to being able to be mocked, they made the point. The point was that you cannot become immune to it, you'll always be a candidate for mockery. They didn't take it all the way, but still...

I do think that they've set a precedent however. Now the people that threatened them, or others with similar mindsets know that all they have to do is threaten violence to get their way.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by devilskommander
No, disliking an episode does not make you a troll. Disliking a show does not make you a troll. Hell, you can dislike anything and dish out your opinion when you want and I won't care. But going into a thread and dileberatly dissing something because you feel you have to or whatever over and over again makes you an annoying troll.

Kid.

Hey kid...

How about you read all the south park threads beforehand that led up to this. There was plenty of discussion, and there actually developed a historical debate using past episodes as precedents.

But whatever. You're just ignorant. Apparently no1 is allowed to have an opinion differing from yours.

You allot concessions in the beginning to try and act like you're reasonable, but then you go and contradict yourself right after that.

Guess what. South Park sucks, and has sucked for years. Deal with it.

My opinion is equal to yours whether you want to admit it or not.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

I thought the censoring of Muhammad was part of the joke.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I thought the censoring of Muhammad was part of the joke.

I'm not sure. It MAY have been. It is really hard to tell.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

I wasn't sure until Tom Cruise was also censored. And when they bleeped out the speech in the end.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by TunerAddict
Hey kid...

My opinion is equal to yours whether you want to admit it or not.

actually no your opinion is not equal because up here in podunk washington woman dont have a right to an opinion.
They made it into a joke, but only because they had to. I'm sure that Comedy Central would not allow them to have shown Muhammad if they really wanted to.
Didn't they show the Super Best Friends episode uncensored within the last week or two? Maybe I'm thinking of when I watched it South Park Studios. I watch a lot of South Park online and on TV <.<
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

You're right, noone else has an opinion. Because i'm ignorant. You're always right. Always.

Seriously, dude, do you think about what you say before you say it?

Your opinion is fine. I may not like it, but that's why it's not mine. I get it, whatever.

But when you go into a thread and say things and keep saying them because you think that someone cares, or that you feel you have to, I have a little secret.

Noone cares. Kid. It's annoying.

Just sayin'
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
a little bit of an Oedipus Complex going on..

killing his father...now hes gotta marry his mother..lol
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
a little bit of an Oedipus Complex going on..

killing his father...now hes gotta marry his mother..lol

no...he doesn't
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Holy shit, recreating that epic scene from the Killing Joke. Brilliant.
Quote by devilskommander
You're right, noone else has an opinion. Because i'm ignorant. You're always right. Always.

Seriously, dude, do you think about what you say before you say it?

Your opinion is fine. I may not like it, but that's why it's not mine. I get it, whatever.

But when you go into a thread and say things and keep saying them because you think that someone cares, or that you feel you have to, I have a little secret.

Noone cares. Kid. It's annoying.

Just sayin'

Shut the fuck up. Jesus.

This episode started off really well but the beeping out of Muhammad's name was irritating, and the fact that Scott Tenorman's dad is Cartman's dad was a huuuuuuuge let-down. So disappointing.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Inimical
Holy shit, recreating that epic scene from the Killing Joke. Brilliant.
Yeah I saw that, but I wasn't sure if it was a deliberate reference or not. It's been a while since I've read that.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Tonight's episode is a rerun, but I haven't seen it. The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs reminds me of Gravity's Rainbow. In that they're both full of fucked-up shit and are also critically acclaimed. Of course, it was written as a response to Catcher in the Rye, but still...

EDIT: Wait, there was a new one? Fuck. Ah, well, I'll catch it sometime later.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Apr 22, 2010,
They didn't show the new one again at midnight like they have done every week...

FOR THE LAST FUCKING DECADE!!! *insert anger emoticon here*

They reran the one where the kids write a book.

That episode sucked big fat mcboogerballs!
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

This episode started off really well but the beeping out of Muhammad's name was irritating, and the fact that Scott Tenorman's dad is Cartman's dad was a huuuuuuuge let-down. So disappointing.

This, and the really long bleeps as "messages" were stupid as hell. I'm not sure if that's how the creators planned it though. I encountered this when I tried to watch it, had to go "find" an "unofficial" video.

Oh, and in case you hadn't heard, that Youtube ginger troll is back. He yells a lot in the new one and it's not funny anymore.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

One of my favourite episodes it the World Of Warcraft one.
So clever and very well made.
Particulary when they become huge fat nerds, Kyle says "...thats uber cool".
I laughed alot at that.
This is why we can't have nice things!
I don't think you people realize the seriousness of this whole situation: sure I was a bit disappointed because the 200th episode was a lot cooler than the last one, but there were some funny moments as well...

...Which were ALL RUINED after I realized that last night's episode was TOTALLY censored by Comedy Central, despite the fact that Matt Stone and Trey Parker have been battling with the network for EVER because they feel it would be hypocritical not to make fun of this one religion after they've been taking shots at every other major religion on this damn planet. The show has been pushing boundaries ever since it first aired with stuff like the "Sh*t" episode and the Scott Tenorman thing...

Yet when it comes to the Muhammad issue the Network has totally pussed out on them. A bunch of years ago it was ok for them to show Muhammad in the Super Best Friends episode, then after the Danish Cartoon stuff they'd suddenly changed their mind. They just left their number 1 show out in the cold > South Park is THE reason why this network got where it's at nowadays. So far CS has produced only 3 shows that gave 'em enough weight to carry their asses through prime time, the other 2 being Jon Stewart and Dave Chapelle's shows (which, as we all know, debuted years after South Park had brought the network millions of viewers), and after the whole Chapelle thing where the guy basically went crazy because of similar battles over creative control you'd think they know better

Yet what happened last night was EXACTLY the same as with the Cartoon Wars episode: South Park pokes fun at the fact that people are always wussing out if muslims are involved, Comedy Central does everything to hold 'em back, and then after the episode has finally aired and Matt + Trey want to do a follow up episode, the rules have suddenly changed and now CC won't even allow for Muhammad's name to be mentioned on the episode. And that's not the worst part: they basically edited out the entire end monologue, right after Tom Cruise realizes people can still make fun of him

So there you have it > now the taboo has shifted from not showing Muhammad for a 2nd time: apparently it's not even OK for the show that's been taking shots at pretty much every group of ideas, people, objects and what not to even mention and/or criticize Islam... Now the show's creators are pissed as well so they decided not to put any censored versions of that show online, CC didn't re-air the show for whatever silly reason (I mean, if you can show it at 10 PM, why not show it a few hours later, WTF...?) and everyone on the SP forums is basically going mental. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt & Trey are so sick of this bullsh*t by now that they'll eventually decide to leave Comedy Central as soon as their contract expires (which is due somewhere next year if I'm not mistaken)

Bleh, I was so looking forward to this episode, now I'm just pissed off

I can't wait to hear what each party has to say on the subject, and more importantly: I'm just DYING to see the uncenseored version of this episode. If the creators decide to boycot the network and stop making episodes for a while, that sure would suck but I'd definetly understand. I think it's important for people to know that it's not the creators of this wonderful lil' show that have prostituted their principles, and I CERTAINLY hope that a whole bunch of people stand behind them and speak up against these silly acts of censorship, 'cos if they don't it might seem like the creators of this show stand alone on these issues and in a worst case scenario they could even end up like that Danish guy, with 24/7 surveillance and all of that. And that would be horrifying because it'd probably mean the end of South Park

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Apr 22, 2010,
I was kinda disappointed they didnt bring back Robert Smith

Episode was kinda lame but the last shot of Cruise on the moon made me lol.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by sugar_daddy
shwilly - I'm pretty sure the ending monologue was bleeped out for comedic effect.
...did...you... not see Stevehouse's post?

Dude, they're refusing to even put this episode online. You think that's just because they couldn't say "Muhammad" anymore? I'm telling you, there's a 99% chance that the final monologue was about how stupid this whole cowardly atmosphere has become and such. It's obvious that this was the bit where they explained why people like Tom Cruise are not immune to criticism, now the whole explanation is just absent from the episode. If these guys feel like f*cking with their audience, they go for it 100%, like they did with that first Terrence & Philip episode

I mean, have you seen this clip yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee6Hf3F3hfU

Clearly these guys are pissed off about the b*llshit they've had to deal with during the last couple of weeks (and this was even before the 200th episode had aired, if I'm not mistaken. You really think they'd just drop the whole thing?

/] 三方 [\
just saw it but was disappointed with it being censored to hell. Just hope they bring out the uncensored version soon
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I think every bit of censoring in this episode was 100% done on purpose. Watch the censored bar over Muhammed, it floats. Now every time they say Muhammed, it gets censored. That was their image of Muhammed.

I can almost guarantee every bit of censoring in that episode was done to show how absolutely ridiculous all of this crap is.
Quote by Inimical
I think every bit of censoring in this episode was 100% done on purpose. Watch the censored bar over Muhammed, it floats. Now every time they say Muhammed, it gets censored. That was their image of Muhammed.

I can almost guarantee every bit of censoring in that episode was done to show how absolutely ridiculous all of this crap is.

ity was obviously on purpose. They wouldn't really censor tom cruise for 3 seconds
Quote by phoenix_crush
ity was obviously on purpose. They wouldn't really censor tom cruise for 3 seconds
They censored the entire monologue. Don't ask me why but if you watch the show you'll know that this is where they take a direct stab at whatever deeper issue the creators are trying to adress. That's what pisses me off the most: it's not even about showing Muhammad or not, what Comedy Central did yesterday was nothing short of comedic mutilation. They took removed everything that they considered controversial (and killed the whole "Tom Cruise can still be made fun of"-storyline in the process)

If you don't want to believe me, go ahead, but pay a visit to the official website and you'll find that pretty much everyone over there agrees on this one > Comedy Central f*cked up...
Quote by Inimical

They certainly wouldn't go back to not even mentioning his name intentionally. Not after all that has happened during the last week or so, and also way before that: whether they are to be taken seriously or nog, the fact is that they have received friggin' death threats. Now I don't know about you, but if there's one thing I've come to learn after all these years of watching South Park it's that they can't stand the hypocrisy of making fun of 1 group of people while excusing the other, and they certainly wouldn't want you to think that's the case this time either

Did you see the ending of that Cartoon Wars episode? Matt and Trey have publicly stated that they wanted to show Muhammad but that Comedy Central refused to let them do so. You don't even have to take my word for it, wacht this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buWnC8U5v_E

This debate has been going on for a long time, and it would just be stupid to let the whole thing go without a fight, especially not after they've been threatened by a bunch of douchebags, because then it would seem like they pussied out. The ONLY thing that leaves me doubting a little is the fact that they didn't put any reference or message into this episode where they literally distance themselves from this type of censorship, like they did in the cartoon wars episode. But then again they did refuse to upload the new episode on their official website, and believe me: that disclaimer sure ain't an april fools joke...

/] 三方 [\
Last edited by shwilly at Apr 22, 2010,
I think they intentionally censored muhammad becasue cc wouldnt let them show him, but the audio bleeps were cc's doing.