Page 5 of 8
Huh, not the response I was expecting hahah. OK I'll pick that shit up sometime soon. I've been listening to the samples of Valley, and it sounds awesome.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
How the hell has this not leaked yet, there's less than a week till it comes out.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Intronaut are the ultimate safekeepers of their sonic creations.

I think everyone is just secretly afraid Danny is going to visit them, and destroy their souls with his massive calf muscles.

Beating your ass in a 12/8 swing.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by unet
It's leaked...it's just not hit the net yet.
Apparently intronaut fans are very protective

no it hasn't leaked. Promos have been sent to music critics, whom have sent it to a few other people themselves (or taken off desks coughcoughsteve08), but not a single one of them has leaked it onto the internet for some reason.
Quote by unet

Apparently intronaut fans are very protective

Yeah, we know.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Listening now, it's pretty damn good. I wonder if it's the "low" point of the album and it picks up again after it.

Or at the end, I haven't gotten all the way through, but I recognize the sexy fretless bass.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by MustangMan311
Generally that reason is so that they continue to receive music early, and for free.

Seeing as how every other album leaks at least 2 weeks before its release, it is mighty pointless to suggest that as a reason.
Quote by illuminatiano
Seeing as how every other album leaks at least 2 weeks before its release, it is mighty pointless to suggest that as a reason.

Seeing as he is one of the aforementioned critics, it's probably safe to assume he speaks the truth.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by illuminatiano

No, absolutely not. It depends on the medium in which the album is delivered, whether or not the album is watermarked, whether or not it's a big release or not, whether or not you're getting it from the label in the first place, etc. Not everyone gives a shit about getting their e-dick sucked by upping an album.
Quote by MustangMan311
No, absolutely not. It depends on the medium in which the album is delivered, whether or not the album is watermarked, whether or not it's a big release or not, whether or not you're getting it from the label in the first place, etc. Not everyone gives a shit about getting their e-dick sucked by upping an album.

I don't see your point, this is the first release I have seen that has gone this far without being leaked. Is valley of smoke really watermarked ? Does watermarking entail every single promo sent out to be different in order to track down the culprit? (this is a serious question, I've no idea about watermarking albums and the such) It seems a tad absurd to me, as soon as someone hears your music whether it's on the radio or they bought the album or they downloaded it, it is one more customer, one more fan. But yeah then again there are the label companies doing the technical work, that I understand.

Also, it's not about getting your "e-dick sucked", it's about giving music to other people because they would also like to hear it, nothing more or less really. Sure you could be a dick and pretend like you have some bullshit higher sense of values than everyone else, or be a total hypocritical cunt that would immediately ask someone for a leak if someone else had it but then not share it.

I'm sure there are many things involved in the process by which someone receives a promo from the band/label and is expected to be loyal, but it never ever works, it always leaks no matter what. Even though Valley of Smoke is going to be released in 4 days, chances are it's still going to leak before the release date. And then so what if it doesn't, as soon as the average sensible person gets their hands on it when it releases, it'll be over the place, I don't see the difference between putting it on the internet before it is released and after it is released.
U mad.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
U mad.

good one dood
Fo trooz.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
My mailbox is empty I want that little slip saying there's a package for me.
Quote by lolmnt
oh lol guess what guys it just leaked. Anyone who can't find it, I'll share.
Well no shit

edit : the self titled song is awesome as hell, really diggin it.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Oct 8, 2010,
the last song is so good too. Mmmmm I am satisfied.
Quote by Deplorable
Just getting started.

Excited.

In all my honest opinion, I'd say it's intronaut's worst album out of the 3 they've put out... but it's got some great moments. The last two tracks are amazing, some wicked parts throughout, love the production, amazing drumming, the only things I don't like is how aimless some of the songs are and the singing.
I think they may be following something similar to the DREADED path that Mastodon undertook when releasing Crack the Skye... and it is the worst out of the 3 imo, but it definitely isn't bad.
I can't stress how awesome the self-titled song is.
Quote by Deplorable
Elegy and Miasma have been the highlights for me thus far.

Yeah. Elegy, Miasma, Sunderance, Core Relations, Valley of Smoke and Past Tense are all great tracks, the latter two being damnright amazing.
Similarly to Ced, I was worried about the vocals on this album and while the cleans aren't fantastic, I do still enjoy them.

But I really love his Baisley voice, plus their growls are as awesome as always, love the vocals in Miasma.

Edit: also, the part in the title track where Danny starts playing a ****ing batshit insane line of harmonics over the other bass is sooooo gooooood.

The tabla part is sex too.
Last edited by Deplorable at Oct 8, 2010,
I think this is the best sounding album they've made considering their growls. There are some singing parts that I dig, the ones on Past Tense, the ones on Core Relations and the ones on Above.

Also, this album sounds better the more I listen to it, just like every Intronaut album for me.

edit : That would be the self-titled song, Valley of Smoke ^^^
Every time I listen to an album for the first time, it kinda goes over my head and ends up turning into background music, that's what happened with the first time I listened to Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde I never came back to it until a few months later and then I properly sat down with it and it blew my mind.
Above is sick too, they played it live when I saw them, except live they kept on playing that riff in the middle and danny just kept solo-ing and improvising and being awesome. But yeah when I saw them live, the new songs they played were Elegy, Above and Sunderance.
This album is so much mellower than usual Intronaut...

Sooo sludgey though.
And the production is just fantastic.
(Only got to Above so far...)
Not sure how I feel about this one...
It has some solid tracks for sure, but I get a little bored listening to it.

Maybe I just like Void too much.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Oct 9, 2010,