Page 2 of 2
Why does everyone keep saying go Jackson for 80's look?

I mean what's so 80's about superstrat shapes anf offset V shapes? Almost every guitar company makes a superstrat or strat shapped guitar and a V shapped guitar.

So can some explain maybe what I don't see?
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
Why does everyone keep saying go Jackson for 80's look?

I mean what's so 80's about superstrat shapes anf offset V shapes? Almost every guitar company makes a superstrat or strat shapped guitar and a V shapped guitar.

So can some explain maybe what I don't see?

The only thing i can think of is that the soloist (non-archtop models) and dinkies haven't got rounded edges and a pointy headstock. I wouldn't know what makes them more 80's than an Ibanez RG, S or an ESP Horizon tbh.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Jackson>High-End BC Rich>ESP=Ibanez>Schecter
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by elemental.freak
I'm looking to buy a new guitar for metal.
Like. Heavy metal, deathcore, hardcore, metalcore stuff.
What're your opinions on these brands? Which should I go for. Obviously i'll try them out and see what feels best and sounds good to me, but I just want some input.
Thanks

You should try out an Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos.
I play the same music as you, and it is perfect for it!
I love mine
ESP...Ive been playing one for months for the same genres(hardcore/melodic) and its stunning.
Quote by LP_CL
The only thing i can think of is that the soloist (non-archtop models) and dinkies haven't got rounded edges and a pointy headstock. I wouldn't know what makes them more 80's than an Ibanez RG, S or an ESP Horizon tbh.

i really dislike the jackson headstock, but other than that, agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go ESP, they really are the best of the companies mentioned here apart from schecter but thats because they are both owned buy the same guy and ESP makes parts for Schecter but to me atleast Schecters always seemed a little more rock oriented than metal.
I think i'm going to go with an ESP.
I'm sort of looking at an ESP LTD ec-1000.
It's beautiful c:

I tried out an Ibanez and a Jackson and I didn't care for the Jackson at all. The neck wasn't all that great.
Quote by chaosdsm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWW!!!
Depends on budget. If you're going for high end i would go for Ibanez or Jackson.
Otherwise ESP or Ibanez. I'm saying this out of personal knowledge as ive owned guitars from all these brands at several different pricepoints.
Quote by MassHypnosis
You should try out an Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos.
I play the same music as you, and it is perfect for it!
I love mine

This. Go for the 27 fret model, it's truly insane. Swap the pups for a pair of EMG's (not that much work, the battery fits in the cavity), and you're good to go. The Edge III will hold out for a few years, and then you can swap it for a Pro/Zero. They're such good value - any questions should be answered by this vid. If it's good enough fo Muhammed... yea, enough said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPD58qSsu6w

Oh, and here he plays it live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H76LUCBIUg
Page 2 of 2