Page 1 of 2
To all the long haired metalheads on this forum

How often do you need to get your hair trimmed? Because I really feel like I should - split ends at all.

And I hope in the correct forum.

Cheers
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
I think the general rule of thumb is dont cut it until it gets to the desired length, and there trim it every month or 2 so the ends don't fray. Also, don't comb your hair while its wet
Quote by insideac
I think the general rule of thumb is dont cut it until it gets to the desired length, and there trim it every month or 2 so the ends don't fray. Also, don't comb your hair while its wet

wait what? why?
My hair grows really fast. When I had long hair, I used to have to get it trimmed every two or three weeks. So it really depends on how fast it grows and your growth pattern.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Real metal heads don't get a "trim". They let it grow to unrulely lenghts and then shave it all off when they are sick of all the mess.
Quote by mr.moo
wait what? why?

Because when your hair is wet, it is extremely frail and fragile, like snowflakes. And when you bring a harsh comb (soft combs are ok) into the mix...Its like taking a cheese grinder to wet, skinny raw noodles.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck
Real metal heads don't get a "trim". They let it grow to unrulely lenghts and then shave it all off when they are sick of all the mess.

This.

When I grew it out I only cut my hair three times over 6 years, twice was to donate it, once was a trim.
only a couple times a year for me
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i cant stand long hair..if i look in the mirror and cant see my scalp i cut it...kinda the opposite but...yeah.

i dont know how you guys can stand haveing long hair...i tried in like 6-7th grade...did not go well i hated it and went back to keeping it short.
Jealousy.

Tell him whatever guitar he has is strictly for obese women.

Quote by MarQVictorY
i cant stand long hair..if i look in the mirror and cant see my scalp i cut it...kinda the opposite but...yeah.

i dont know how you guys can stand haveing long hair...i tried in like 6-7th grade...did not go well i hated it and went back to keeping it short.

Honestly, the upkeep sucks, but there is nothing better than headbanging with hair flying everywhere.
Quote by Spiner202
Honestly, the upkeep sucks, but there is nothing better than headbanging with hair flying everywhere.

+1, ive had long hair for about 3 years now, mine is very thick and washing it takes time, so the upkeep definitely sucks, but i love the feeling of having long hair. Also headbanging is 100x better
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by MarQVictorY

because we like it. i could ask you how you can stand having short hair but i understand everybody has there own way of doing things and im not going to question your ways

and i havnt had mine cut or trimmed in about 3 years. partly because im a metalhead, the other because im lazy and dont want to spend money on it.

besides, all the real men from the past and fiction had long hair. The Vikings, Conan, Rambo, Sampson, The Saxons, Jebus.
Long hair = Metal + Man
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck

This lol. I grew my hair for 5 years, shaved it for 2, and now I'm growing it again.

But seriously, you can just cut split ends as you see them ("search and destroy" method). When I had long hair I used to go on this long hair forum mlhh.org, where there are lots of useful tips.
I've been blessed with hair that is stupidly easy to keep tidy, it's naturally straight and dosen't get too many split ends.
Quote by severed-metal
I use Pantene Pro-V

I find Garnier Nutrisse give me that real shine and flow.
i get it trimmed about a 1/2 inch once a year
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
I was kinda wondering this myself. I haven't cut mine at all for at least 3 years or so. It used to be SLEEK AND SEXY, now it's a black tangled mess.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
I just never cut it. Works out fine for me...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
I had naturally straight hair that went past my nipples, cut it all off in like january. Music isn't as fun when you don't feel your hair whip will you headbang.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
I wanted my hair to grow out very long... but after letting it grow for a while I was not happy with the results... my hair didn't do anything I wanted it to... and I thought it would be too much effort to deal with it every morning so I cut it... and I don't know if growing it out again is good... but if there is a way I can make it do what I want without messing with it all the time I would surely go for long straight hair

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
oh, so many stages of annoyance in growing long hair...

I had long hair for like 3 years, until what annoyed me outweighed what I enjoyed it. Then I had a crew-cut for like 2 years, and now I'm growing long hair again. This time at a somewhat manageable length.

If it means getting my hair trimmed more often, so be it. I've only been to a hairdresser twice in 3 years
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Well i started growing my hair out about 6 years ago. I've had one real cut that went from mid chest to shoulder and sine then i get trims 2-3 times a year. I hate how short hair looks on me even when i was a kid, i always wanted long hair.I suppose i just wanted to look like Arnie in "Conan The Barbarian" being my childhood hero and all
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I'm currently going for Gary Oldman in State of Grace
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
I actually do use Pantene

My hair is too curly to be long even though the condition of it is fine (just looks messy), so I'm going to get it cut short soon. Haven't had short hair for quite a few years...

Oh and actually on-topic, just get your hair trimmed every few months.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Last edited by Scout1011 at May 4, 2010,
I use some kind of Wella Balsam-crap to make it real silky smooth! On topic, though; I just get my hair trimmed whenever I feel it goes totally out of control (split hairs, not going where I want it to go etc), which can be each month, or have an interval of like... 6-7 months.
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Really helpful guys, thanks a lot.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
I've had problems with split hairs a lot recently. I can't seem to grow it much at all because the I need to get it trimmed at least every 2 months and after the trimming I've probably just gained a few centimetres since the last one. I used to have it well beyond the lenght where I could tie all my hair back but recently I've been trying to grow the hair in the front back to that length, but because they're the ones that get the most damage, it's not that easy.

Also, a few months from now I'm gonna have to shave it all off, so fucking yay...
Is it because you have to do the whole military service thing?

If so, it doubly sucks to be you. Sorry to hear.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by Riffmast
Well i started growing my hair out about 6 years ago. I've had one real cut that went from mid chest to shoulder and sine then i get trims 2-3 times a year. I hate how short hair looks on me even when i was a kid, i always wanted long hair.I suppose i just wanted to look like Arnie in "Conan The Barbarian" being my childhood hero and all

Haha, similar situation with me. I used to play a lot of Castlevania as a kid, and seeing Alucard or Richter having long hair and being goddamn demon-slaying heroes made me want the look
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
You just wish your hair was as nice as mine biiiiatch!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Butt Rayge
This thread is gayer than hardcore dancing trannies.

Going by your join date, you apparently didn't see Magero's escapades in the Nevermore thread.

Also, I used to have this big, poofy mane a la the dude from Coheed & Cambria, aand I cut it a year ago. I keep it short now. Now people tell me I look like Edward Norton.
Edward Norton >>>>>> Dude from Coheed.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Page 1 of 2