Gerbs
1,508 IQ
Hi;

It's been a while since I posted a song but I've recently completed this... It's post-rock inspired, but I think I add my own heavier touches to it. I've tried more for atmoshpere in this song (and in this project, there's a few songs like this coming along) rather than memorable riffs, however I hope that isn't an excuse for it to become boring.

I think i've tried to keep it quite minimalistic, too, but decide for yourself! Crit for crit, of course. I hope you enjoy;

Thanks,
Gerbs
Attachments:
With Quiet Disregard.zip
penguinbuddy
I <3 Afropop
24 IQ
wow dude. this is really really good. Not even just good for some guy on ultimate guitar, but I mean this has potential to be a really good song. that lead riff sounds really good. really clever.
ultrasonic
That Weird Weird Guy
2,723 IQ
I thought it was amazing Although one thing I would do is have a little tune over the bit that fades in. Its hard to describe, I can picture a couple of long notes being played over the fade in bits

Can you take a look at mine ? My newest piece is on the main page Its called '7/4 Is For Losers'

Thanks

Ultrasonic
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced
1,365 IQ
You have a very intesting slab of post-rock. The guitar melody you use fading in at two sections of the song is sort of "impossible to play." You have a 14 to 5 pull-off that unless you play a shorter-scale guitar or have huge friggin' hands you'd have to tap. But other than that great song man.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
DaddyTwoFoot
Barned
338 IQ
Quote by bassburton
You have a very intesting slab of post-rock. The guitar melody you use fading in at two sections of the song is sort of "impossible to play." You have a 14 to 5 pull-off that unless you play a shorter-scale guitar or have huge friggin' hands you'd have to tap. But other than that great song man.

I think it's pretty obviously supposed to be tapped, especially considering that guitar track is called "tap."

This is a very good piece. Sorry I can't crit more, I'm tired and haven't posted here on UG in forever so I'm still kind of getting into the swing of it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at May 7, 2010,