Alright so I need some security with my guitar and I also need a new strap at the same time, so I was thinking about a DiMarzio cliplock strap.
I have Gibson SG Standard, and I was wondering, do the screws that come with the strap fit? If they don't, can I just use the screws in my guitar at the moment ? Looking for someone that knows what their talking about, so I don't have to pay for shipping here and back if it doesn't work out. Thanks & Godbless
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
im not sure about the size of your SG screws or the cliplock screws but i bought strap locks for my jackson rr5 (ernie balls) and the screws were the same size .. id assume everything is standard with most stuff like that, but unfortunately i do not know for a fact that this will apply to your situation.. why not take it to your local guitar shop and see if theyll do it if youre unsure? it would save you from having to send it away

sorry i just reread your post and didnt realize you meant sending away for the cliplocks.. my bad dude
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
im not sure about the size of your SG screws or the cliplock screws but i bought strap locks for my jackson rr5 (ernie balls) and the screws were the same size .. id assume everything is standard with most stuff like that, but unfortunately i do not know for a fact that this will apply to your situation.. why not take it to your local guitar shop and see if theyll do it if youre unsure? it would save you from having to send it away

sorry i just reread your post and didnt realize you meant sending away for the cliplocks.. my bad dude

Yeah I don't have a local guitar shop Closest is a couple hours.
The reason I'm worried about ordering and it not fitting is because my Schaller's screws didn't fit in my SG.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

My Ibanez had COMPLETELY different screw sizes from standard and I reaaally didn't want to drill because it's hassle and I knew it would strip eventually. I found some plastic discs at a Long & McQuade that fit on your screw and the thing twists open and closed. Hard to explain, but you don' t even have to take your screw out to put it on. Super secure and I believe they're from Dunlop or Planet Waves or something. A buck or two each!
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
This is what Faux is talking about:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=142&pmh=products/accessories

They are a good (and cheap) alternative to strap locks that you need to install. I have a guitar with strap locks and one with these dunlops discs and the dunlops do a very good job. I prefer the regular strap locks you need to install but the difference is small for me.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
This is what Faux is talking about:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=142&pmh=products/accessories

They are a good (and cheap) alternative to strap locks that you need to install. I have a guitar with strap locks and one with these dunlops discs and the dunlops do a very good job. I prefer the regular strap locks you need to install but the difference is small for me.

None on musicians friend

This is for you!

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-2-Joe-Satriani-Planet-Lock-Strap?sku=580133

It gives you a strap (which you're looking for) and plastic strap lock system with no drilling required.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
This is for you!

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-2-Joe-Satriani-Planet-Lock-Strap?sku=580133

It gives you a strap (which you're looking for) and plastic strap lock system with no drilling required.

Try it first. I bought one for my Epi, it came in, and it didn't fit. My stock strap button was too big, so if you managed to get it shut, it wouldn't move AT ALL. Had to send it back, and just went with the Schaller's I've always used.
In a lot of cases you can just use the stock screws in place of the ones that come with the cliplock. I know with my sg special though the cliplock screws fit perfectly though. Ive had the cliplock for about 3 years now and have never looked back. They are the best straps you can buy for sure.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I have them on my strat, my tele and my P bass. Each time the screws included didn't need any drilling. I'm not sure, but I think that Mexican Fenders use the same screws as most US guitars.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54