Page 1 of 6
Does anyone like Sylosis? British metal band, they really remind me of Iron Maiden but a lot heavier.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Sylosis is awesome...I don't know about them reminding me of iron maiden...but they do have a very good sound throughout their music...but then again I don't listen to iron maiden all that much...
Last edited by La_Deux_Machina at May 14, 2010,
I got my hands on 'Conclusion of an Age' a while back and really enjoyed it, can't say they remind me of Maiden though
Appreciating Metal since 1998

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
It's the EP which reminds me of Maiden, one song on shuffle came on and I thought it was Maiden.

Oath of Silence is my favorite song by Sylosis.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Great band, loved Conclusion of an age. Havnt heard a huge deal of their older stuff.

Any news on the new album?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Great band, loved Conclusion of an age. Havnt heard a huge deal of their older stuff.

Any news on the new album?

No name for it yet but they've recorded 14 tracks as far as i know. Still no idea when its out

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
It's on the way soon, I remember the guitarist saying it's like Death and Tool.

One of my favourite bands, I've listened to Conclusions consistently since it was released, I think it's a great new progression of Thrash.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
It's on the way soon, I remember the guitarist saying it's like Death and Tool.

One of my favourite bands, I've listened to Conclusions consistently since it was released, I think it's a great new progression of Thrash.

It's like metalcore without the breakdowns. I'd say it's more of a mix between thrash and melodeath or something.

Generic but good. Also, I'm sure there's a thread on this already.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Yeah there's DEFINITELY a Sylosis thread already.

I had them crash at my flat after they supported Dragonforce in Dundee cos they had nowhere to stay. They were all really nice guys, especially Bailey who plays rhythm guitar.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Conclusion of An Age was awesome, but I got the BIGGEST Trivium vibe from the band.

EDIT: ^ Lucky.
It's strange the lead guitarist uses a strat

Absolutely love 'em, "Conclusions" is a great album.
Saw them in the tent at Download last year, got the whole crowd in one giant circle pit around the concrete pillars.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Conclusion of An Age was awesome, but I got the BIGGEST Trivium vibe from the band.

EDIT: ^ Lucky.

I can relate to that, definitely. But I think they're a far more interesting band than Trivium, and whilst being really melodic they don't descend into cheese in the way Trivium always do with their choruses. Sylosis choruses are far more powerful.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
I can relate to that, definitely. But I think they're a far more interesting band than Trivium, and whilst being really melodic they don't descend into cheese in the way Trivium always do with their choruses. Sylosis choruses are far more powerful.

I like them much more than Trivium. Trivium always seemed too... cliche', if that makes sense. Like, they're good, the guitarists are extremely skilled, but they don't put that skill to any amazing use. It all just sounds generic.

EDIT: By generic, I mean 'post-scream' Trivium.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at May 16, 2010,
Quote by freddaahh

Yep. Although I would interject that this really only applies to Shogun. I still find Ascendancy extremely powerful, every single song.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Their vocalist has left :/
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=7457012&blogId=534596882

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

Damn, damn, damn. Does this mean the new album will be pushed back? They say they're close to releasing it, but it sounds like they may re-record. Ugh.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
i really like sylosis, conclusion of an age was totally awesome... the only bad thing about it is that its all in standard e, and i cant play it (got a floyd ****ing rose, dropped d) and i have no patience to transcribe all
they have very good riffs, and all the members are masters of their instruments!!

and i like them more than trivium too

edit: encyclopedia metallum says they are melodeath/thrash, are they both or what?
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Last edited by daverockz at Aug 17, 2010,
No, as you can only be one at a time.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
omg havent heard theyll have a new vocalist... omg... why...
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Quote by Alive@myfuneral
New vocalist for the next album. Still no title for it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQl0ysRFnM

The vocalist is their guitarist Josh. Old news, bruv.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I was wondering if someone could please Sylosis - Turbulence, it would be greatly appreciated as i love this song so much, and would love to be able to play it on guitar with a provided tab.

Thanks,

EpicIbanezz
Thanks for posting that.

Phwoar. This is great, I'm pretty fed up of this genre of Metal, but I think Sylosis pull it off in a way which really entertains me. Not hugely original, just really well done.

FREDIT:

Josh has a good voice, too. If he can do all this live....
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
They are absolutely immense, my favourite band by far.
Anyone else going to see them on the Razor tour this month? I'm off to the Manchester show
I can't get over the fact that this band can be as talented, heavy, and overall kickass and only play in standard tuning. They truly are better than the vast majority of todays metal acts.
Last edited by sXe170 at Feb 5, 2011,
Quote by Themadisraeli
New Sylosis track A Serpents Tongue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4rk_MLbL78

This song kicks some serious ass. Listen to those riffs!

Thanks for posting. Very good; they're growing as a band so well. I've loved the two songs from the new album they've released so far.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Josh can do this all live, I've seen it.

Shame there isnt any cleans like Jamie did. But i was worried I wouldn't enjoy this new stuff without him, but I've been pleasently surprised
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I've actually only listened to one song by these guys..
I think it was Teras or something..
Any recommendations for other songs?
BOW DOWN
The whole Conclusions of an Age album is worth listening to, really. Try the first song, After Lifeless Years, see what you think.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
^ Conclusion of an Age is a great album. The supreme oppressor is pretty good too, can't go wrong with any of their stuff imo

also nice to hear some clean singing in a serpants tongue - although his voice is alot lower than Jamie's and doesn't quite have the same effect Jamie's did
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Listened to full album in it's entirety today. It reminds me alot of the later Death records, except not AS progressive. There are alot of unique melodies and riffs. I'd give it a solid 9.5/10. What'd you guys think?
I like it alot, but it doesnt stand out to me as much as Conclusion of an age, but that might be cos I havn't listened to it as much.

Josh's voice is fine, although his cleans are worse, they are still done well.

I prefer the more produced tone on Conclusion too, made the riffs stand out more imo - atm I cant find as many riffs that really stand out to me.

I'd give it an 8.5 though
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Edge of the Earth is a good album, not quite what i was expecting but a very solid album all the same

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

1942-2010
I absolutely love it. Plus I reckon it will grow after more listens.

These guys are criminally underrated/unknown.
Quote by TheUnforgiven91

These guys are criminally underrated/unknown.

no way man
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by The Wildchild
no way man

Your probably right about where your from but down here (Australia) know one has heard of them.