Page 3 of 6
Quote by Scratcher17
I've seen the picture of the final product and it looks great. Dan Goldsworthy has once again done a great job with the artwork.
As for the tab, thank you very much for the information, but I started to learn songs by ear not long ago. I'm slowly getting into it and I would like to learn the song that way.
However, thanks for telling me that, at least I'll have a back-up plan if I give up learning the song by ear .
Cheers!

No problem dude, I've just submitted Born Anew with the full solo. I've got the album pre-ordered so the day it arrives, I'm gonna start on it I've already done the intro for Out From Below as they have samples on Youtube and Amazon.

They both have different parts of the song so I'd check both out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gd6Er3J8toave samples of the songs on Amazon and Youtube

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monolith/dp/B00979NFJI/ref=sr%C2%AD_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347%C2%AD742707&sr=1-2-catcorr
Quote by slipknot836
They both have different parts of the song so I'd check both out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gd6Er3J8toave samples of the songs on Amazon and Youtube

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monolith/dp/B00979NFJI/ref=sr%C2%AD_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1347%C2%AD742707&sr=1-2-catcorr

I already did . Can't wait for my copy of the album to arrive, along with a Boatman T-shirt.

I was going to see them live on The Epic Industrialist tour with Devin Townsend Project and Fear Factory and was sad that they cancelled it. However, I was happy to find out that they did it so they could tour US as support for Lamb of God. I hope that they get the exposure they truly deserve on that tour.
Quote by Scratcher17
I already did . Can't wait for my copy of the album to arrive, along with a Boatman T-shirt.

I was going to see them live on The Epic Industrialist tour with Devin Townsend Project and Fear Factory and was sad that they cancelled it. However, I was happy to find out that they did it so they could tour US as support for Lamb of God. I hope that they get the exposure they truly deserve on that tour.

I know! I think after the release of Monolith they'll get the big fan boost they deserve. I watched an interview the other week where he says that money they get on tour pays for bills and rent and then the merch covers the roadies, sound techs and other things, which means they aren't earning that much cash. Kinda sad but it'll pick up for them. Their fan base is rocketing!
Quote by slipknot836
I know! I think after the release of Monolith they'll get the big fan boost they deserve. I watched an interview the other week where he says that money they get on tour pays for bills and rent and then the merch covers the roadies, sound techs and other things, which means they aren't earning that much cash. Kinda sad but it'll pick up for them. Their fan base is rocketing!

That's true for almost every band though. Even bigger acts like periphery.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
That's true for almost every band though. Even bigger acts like periphery.

Yeah, it's kinda sad but I really do respect their enthusiasm to go on and continue. An interview I read said that they almost split up but then they got rid of Jamie because of differences. I'll find the article if you want? I know a lot of people think he left but they're still on speaking terms as I've heard Josh say in another interview
It's great to see this thread is once again focused on disscusions about Sylosis instead of me defending their good name from the people who don't like them
Quote by Scratcher17
It's great to see this thread is once again focused on disscusions about Sylosis instead of me defending their good name from the people who don't like them

I will be here as often as I can to spread my love for Sylosis like a bad infection. I shall be known only as... Sylocyst!
Quote by slipknot836
I will be here as often as I can to spread my love for Sylosis like a bad infection. I shall be known only as... Sylocyst!

I was trying to spread "SYLOSIS FOR WORLD DICTATOR!" on Sylosis videos on Youtube to become like the "UP THE IRONS!" and "IN FLAMES WE TRUST" often found in the comment sections of Iron Maiden and In Flames videos, respectively. I read that on either some Sands of Time or A Serpent's Tongue video and I think it was really catchy.
Last edited by Scratcher17 at Sep 24, 2012,
Quote by Scratcher17
I was trying to spread "SYLOSIS FOR WORLD DICTATOR!" on Sylosis videos on Youtube to become like the "UP THE IRONS!" and "IN FLAMES WE TRUST" often found in the comment sections of Iron Maiden and In Flames videos, respectively. I read that on either some Sands of Time or A Serpent's Tongue video and I think it was really catchy.

Haha, I think I've seen that on a few videos. We might need to think of something a little more catchy. Josh Middleton said on Twitter one time that as Slipknot fans are Maggots, Sylosis fans are now known as Slugs :')
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's strange the lead guitarist uses a strat

Anybody have any idea what kind of strat/what kind of pickups etc?
Quote by Scratcher17

Really don't think it's gonna catch on man, it sounds really clunky if nothing else.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how a World Dictator links to the band, in the same way the "Up the Irons" and "In Flames We Trust" link to their bands.

Also the idea of a group of people being a "world dictator" is just bad grammar. If anything it would be "world dictators" and if there's more than one of them then they're not really world dictators...

Forcing these kinda things doesn't tend to work too well.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Kytokinesis
Anybody have any idea what kind of strat/what kind of pickups etc?

Unfortunately EndTheRapture51 is wrong. Josh played a ESP fender lookalike with an EMG-81 bridge pick up and two single coil pick ups. I've looked for the model name of this guitar but I can't find it. All I can get is that it's an ESP and looks like a Kramer Striker 211
Quote by ChemicalFire
Really don't think it's gonna catch on man, it sounds really clunky if nothing else.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how a World Dictator links to the band, in the same way the "Up the Irons" and "In Flames We Trust" link to their bands.

Also the idea of a group of people being a "world dictator" is just bad grammar. If anything it would be "world dictators" and if there's more than one of them then they're not really world dictators...

It's usually the bands that decide that kind of stuff and spread the word such as Slipknot calling their fans Maggots xD Somehow I don't see Josh Middleton's 'slugs' catching on either :') I honestly wouldn't like being referred to as a slug
Quote by ChemicalFire

I liked it because it seemed funny and I didn't really expected it to catch up. (just "for teh lulz", so to speak).It would be ridiculous if it did
Quote by slipknot836
Unfortunately EndTheRapture51 is wrong. Josh played a ESP fender lookalike with an EMG-81 bridge pick up and two single coil pick ups. I've looked for the model name of this guitar but I can't find it. All I can get is that it's an ESP and looks like a Kramer Striker 211

I believe it's LTD Michael Wilton signature with custom black finish and Seymour Duncans.
Quote by Scratcher17
I believe it's LTD Michael Wilton signature with custom black finish and Seymour Duncans.

Yea found it earlier, was going to post it when I got home but you beat me to it. The actual LTD MW doesn't look all that appealing. I was hoping that he was using an actual strat, because I want to get a strat but it's hard to get metal on most strats and Sylosis have a pretty killer tone.
Quote by Scratcher17
I liked it because it seemed funny and I didn't really expected it to catch up. (just "for teh lulz", so to speak).It would be ridiculous if it did

Fair nuff, it can be hard to gage seriousness of a comment on the internet sometimes

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Kytokinesis
Yea found it earlier, was going to post it when I got home but you beat me to it. The actual LTD MW doesn't look all that appealing. I was hoping that he was using an actual strat, because I want to get a strat but it's hard to get metal on most strats and Sylosis have a pretty killer tone.

It doesn't really matter what guitar you have if you're busting out that much distortion Sylosis tone is mostly down to the pick ups and amp

They use Marshall amps (forgot which model) and EMG - 81 bridge pick ups and EMG - 85 neck pick ups.

Their tone is close to this when using the bridge pick ups:

Gain - 8
Bass - 6.5
Middle - 4.5
Treble - 7
Reverb - 2

And as for some of solos including Where The Sky Ends and Kingdom Of Solitude he has a delay pedal on about 4
Quote by slipknot836
Current owner? Did he sell it to him? :O I must rob him!

Yes, Josh sold it to him .
Quote by Scratcher17
Yes, Josh sold it to him .

Sarcasm? It's hard to interpret over the internet xD
Quote by slipknot836
Sarcasm? It's hard to interpret over the internet xD

I just answered your question (did Josh sell the guitar to fossil155) . I simply put a smiley to be polite because you're the guy who saved this thread. There was no sarcasm intended.

Cheers!
Quote by Scratcher17
I just answered your question (did Josh sell the guitar to fossil155) . I simply put a smiley to be polite because you're the guy who saved this thread. There was no sarcasm intended.

Cheers!

It's not the smiley face, it's just my question seemed a little silly xD I asked it facetiously, but WOW! How come he sold it to him? Lucky guy!
Quote by slipknot836
It's not the smiley face, it's just my question seemed a little silly xD I asked it facetiously, but WOW! How come he sold it to him? Lucky guy!

Oh, I get it .

Josh was selling some of his guitars and wanted to hand them over to the buyers personally. So, that guy was lucky in the way that he was from UK and could drive to meet Josh in person.

Also, there's this other guy who bought a guitar from Josh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9_48YJDsNE&list=UUe86bkZhBcbuba5G_mtZRZA&index=39&feature=plcp

This is live footage where you can see Josh use that guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SungFBF7S1M&feature=related

Read the comments and video description of the first video and you'll get the idea how the trade between Josh and fossil155 probably occured.

Both guitars are amazing (even though I'm into 24-fret fretboards), although the LTD holds more value to the fans of Sylosis (it was used for all rhythm guitars on Conclusion Of An Age since Josh was the only guitarist when the album was written and recorded, some lead stuff from that album too, and pretty much on the entire Edge of the Earth I presume since it had been Josh's main guitar before he switched to Gibson guitars).
Last edited by Scratcher17 at Sep 29, 2012,
Quote by Scratcher17
Oh, I get it .

Josh was selling some of his guitars and wanted to hand them over to the buyers personally. So, that guy was lucky in the way that he was from UK and could drive to meet Josh in person.

Also, there's this other guy who bought a guitar from Josh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9_48YJDsNE&list=UUe86bkZhBcbuba5G_mtZRZA&index=39&feature=plcp

This is live footage where you can see Josh use that guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SungFBF7S1M&feature=related

Read the comments and video description of the first video and you'll get the idea how the trade between Josh and fossil155 probably occured.

Both guitars are amazing (even though I'm into 24-fret fretboards), although the LTD holds more value to the fans of Sylosis (it was used for all rhythm guitars on Conclusion Of An Age since Josh was the only guitarist when the album was written and recorded, some lead stuff from that album too, and pretty much on the entire Edge of the Earth I presume since it had been Josh's main guitar before he switched to Gibson guitars).

I wonder why he sold them? xD Probably low for cash!

And I prefer 24 frets! Especially on an ESP or Ltd, with the right tone the 24th fret on the high E string soars in lead riffs!
Quote by slipknot836
I wonder why he sold them? xD Probably low for cash!

http://www.myspace.com/joshsylosis/blog You can see the prices for LTD and some other gear he was selling at the time.

I remember reading somewhere that he sold his LTD and that other guitar because he said that he got an endorsement deal with another guitar company he didn't name (we now know it's Gibson because he plays their guitars exclusively now).
Quote by Scratcher17
http://www.myspace.com/joshsylosis/blog You can see the prices for LTD and some other gear he was selling at the time.

I remember reading somewhere that he sold his LTD and that other guitar because he said that he got an endorsement deal with another guitar company he didn't name (we now know it's Gibson because he plays their guitars exclusively now).

Ah, that makes sense. Most people would keep their guitars if they got an endorsement deal from somewhere else but it's quite a nice thing to offer the sales out to the fans!
Sylosis are streaming the entire Monolith album!!! http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/02/exclusive-full-album-stream-sylosis-monolith/

I didn't listen to it though, waiting for my preorder to arrive because reading lyrics and examining the artwork while listening to the album followed by fits of euphoria are my main goals in life at the moment, and I want it to be special
Abstinence FTW!
Last edited by Scratcher17 at Oct 4, 2012,
I know, I've started tabbing it xD I've listened to it all :') I'll submit the link on here once I've done x)
Listened to half of it. Sounds alright. They've ditched they're metalcore-ish hooks for melodic segments that are less blatant and more well thought out.
Sylosis are from my home town.

I've tickets for the Monolith album this Sunday. \m/
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
Quote by BTKA

I just hope there will be people who will get some of the live footage from that show on Youtube. It's a shame that Kingdom of Solitude and A Serpent's Tongue (two songs that were rarely performed live) have no live footage on Youtube.
Would you care to write a post on this thread about the Monolith release show after you attend it (what was the setlist and other stuff like that)? Pretty please!

Also, have you attended the Edge of the Earth album release show last year?

Have a great time at the Monolith release show!
Quote by BTKA

I'm already heading for Download festival 2013, hopefully they gig there! Plus I wanted to see them this sunday but I didn't have the time, plus I wanna wait until they nail their live performance for their new songs. It'll be the first time I've seen them live so I want it to be good xD Can't wait though
Quote by Scratcher17
I just hope there will be people who will get some of the live footage from that show on Youtube. It's a shame that Kingdom of Solitude and A Serpent's Tongue (two songs that were rarely performed live) have no live footage on Youtube.
Would you care to write a post on this thread about the Monolith release show after you attend it (what was the setlist and other stuff like that)? Pretty please!

Also, have you attended the Edge of the Earth album release show last year?

Have a great time at the Monolith release show!

Hell yes try and stop meh
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
My signed copy of the album has arrived x) So chuffed! It's a printed signature but it doesn't matter, it's still awesome!
Isn't Josh from Sylosis touring with Architects for the moment or did they replace him?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Isn't Josh from Sylosis touring with Architects for the moment or did they replace him?

Don't think so, I don't really like Architects... At the minute they not doing any tour. They've got two gigs this month and then they're touring in America with Lamb Of God. Then in January they're doing a headlining tour in the UK but they've not announced who with yet x)
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I googled it... I think that was a few months ago dude
I feel like the new album is a huge step down from the previous one. Nearly every bit of the new album is forgettable.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.