MoleMania
Banned
263 IQ
Somebody tell if this belongs elsewhere (maybe punk?), but I think Ian Dury and his crew don't get nearly enough credit for their pure awesomeness. I just did i search on the forums and there are pretty much no threads about them, so I figure it's time for one! :p

What I love about him is the pure lyrical genius that goes on in all his songs, often crude but pulled off very well in the end. I also LOVE the bass lines.

RIP Mr Dury
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
I like sex and drugs and rock n' roll. The other stuff I heard sounds very disco-y. There's a movie about his life too. Anybody know if it's worth a watch?
MoleMania
Banned
263 IQ
I've seen it, and I recommend it purely for the experience. It kinda skims past some parts of his life, and focuses more on the personal side of things, but it's good. And yeah, a lot of his songs are quite different, lol. He's hard to categorize.
Seyda
O_O
33 IQ
Norman-Watt-Roy is a bass god, and Ian is a ****ing lyrical genius.
Quote by Nexium
For a 10'er you certainly have found a good avatar.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
Quote by MoleMania
Somebody tell if this belongs elsewhere (maybe punk?)
Time period fits. Not sure if the music does as I'm not familiar, but I'll leave this here anyway.

Carry on.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
MoleMania
Banned
263 IQ
^Cool.

Norman is a beast at his bass. Even on the more mainstream stuff he's always rocking playing great bass lines. Anyone got favourite songs? Mine are Blockheads, Sweet Gene Vincent, what a waste, This is what we find and I want to be straight (Love the bass on that one).
Last edited by MoleMania at May 14, 2010,
Seyda
O_O
33 IQ
Mine would have to be "wake up and make love to me" "Hit me with your rhythm stick" and "Spasticus Autisticus".
Quote by Nexium
For a 10'er you certainly have found a good avatar.