Yesterday I was a bit bored in my basement playing keyboard, when I noticed my sister's old kareoke machine sitting on an old dresser. I saw it had a 1/4 inch input (intended for a michrophone) so I grabbed my guitar, plugged it in, and cranked it up. It didnt get too loud, but at max volume it produced a very nice, full, smooth distortion. It has a 3-inch speaker with 2 1-inch tweeters and runs at 26 watts (although the manual said it only has a 2 watt output) and it even has an "echo" feature so I can suck a little reverb out of it. So is there any reason why this sounds so good?
I pride myself on my humility.
Suspect drugs.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Suspect lettuce.

Fixed.

I could send my friend's Yamaha PA into clipping with my Tonelab's output turned up. Sounded really nasty, I bet Jack White would've liked it.
Dude, send me some of what you're having?
It's also a case of sometimes you get bored with your gear and can get fooled into finding odd tones sexy.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Experimenting for the win! I have a small sing along amp, I tried it just now. Sounds very narrow, probably could be miles better with an EQ.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)