Well;

I finally bought a new guitar after months of playing Martins, Taylors, Gibsons etc.. and i am quite pleased with the Guild GAD25. I would however like to get some inlay work done on the headstock and fret board. I am in Atlantic Canada and was wondering where would be the best place to ship the Guitar for this kind of work. Any thoughts (prefer to stay in Canada).
Last edited by BeaverInspector at May 16, 2010,
Not sure I can recommend anyone to you but, know this:

1) Fretboard inlays will usually require all frets to be removed and replaced.
2) Inlay work is time consuming.
3) This will cost money a fair amount of money.

Tried Google? I found this one Timeless
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at May 23, 2010,
You might want to look at getting decal fret inlays, they look good and if you get tired of them you can change them. Plus it would be massively less expensive.
It's not worth the money man. All the frets get pulled, then a custom jig has to be used to route square to the fretboard, then a re radius must be done. Then a refret, and re level, most likely causing a new setup to be done as well.

So your looking at a couple hundred easy, just for something simple.
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Thanks guys. I am quite aware of the work involved as i have been doing a bit of research but i cant seem to find a reptuable shop to perform them. I have 10 eagles of varying size for the fret board and a tribal cross for the head stock. I dont mind spending 2-$300 but i want my guitar back preferably in as good a condition as i sent it. I would prefer to stay in canada but will gladly ship elsewhere for quality. I realize a lot of people think they are a waste of time and money, but i just want to give this axe my own personal little touch.
Quote by BeaverInspector
Thanks guys. I am quite aware of the work involved as i have been doing a bit of research but i cant seem to find a reptuable shop to perform them. I have 10 eagles of varying size for the fret board and a tribal cross for the head stock. I dont mind spending 2-$300 but i want my guitar back preferably in as good a condition as i sent it. I would prefer to stay in canada but will gladly ship elsewhere for quality. I realize a lot of people think they are a waste of time and money, but i just want to give this axe my own personal little touch.

As I said, check your other thread.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!