Okay, recently got a Marshall JCM600 half stack, when i bought it the guy said it was recently re-tubed, and was in good condition, its been working fine for about 3 weeks.

Untill:
Yesterday i turned it on, let it warm up as per usual, went to put it on the clean channel, and theres no sound, if i turn the master volume all the way up, you can hear some clean but hardly anything, so before i take it back and demand answers/open it up and poke stuff..

from what i can tell none of the valves have gone but its kinda hard to get a good look, but im pretty sure

So any ideas on whats wrong/how to fix?

Thanks!
Ah, and they would be the small tubes you can hardly see, yeah explains alot lol, and unfortunately not, ive got a guarantee on the amp anyway, the shop should help me fix it, thanks anyway lol
It could be a bad connection somewhere in your guitar, bad cables, a problem with a pedal, a bad connection in the amp, etc.

People are so quick to place the blame on tubes.
That series of Marshall's are known to overheat. just a thought.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Preamp tubes usually crackle or something. I'd say it could be a blown resitor, or a power tube or something simple like a bad cable.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by TheQuailman
Sounds like a preamp tube is as good as dead. Got a spare one to swap with the ones in your amp one at a time to find out?

Wait... preamp tube?? The power amp is responsible for volume - you can actually pull all of your preamp tubes and the amp should remain operational.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Wait... preamp tube?? The power amp is responsible for volume - you can actually pull all of your preamp tubes and the amp should remain operational.

And the preamp tubes are just there for shits and giggles or what?
One of their functions, besides providing br00tlz distortion, is getting your guitar's signal to a level that the power amp can work with. Broken preamp tube = no signal.

The reason I mentioned it in the first place is that I had the same problem with my Blackheart when it arrived - no volume, no drive. It didn't crackle or anything, it was just dead quiet. Swapped the tube and everything worked fine.

You're all right though, could be a cable or anything really. Just started with the tube because if you've got a spare one lying around, it's easy to check.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I thought the JTM60s were the ones to overheat.

the JTM60 became the JCM600
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era