I have a Gibson Les Paul Gem Series I'd like to change the pickups in. I play mostly metalcore and some pop punk. What type of pickups should I get? I was think about emg-81's but would like to get some input on this decision.
xxxNames Aaron,
Would Love To Get A Band,
Talk To Me I'm Nice.
Currently I'm using a Line 6 half stack, hopefully I'll have a 6505+ in the next year however.
And I can spend about $210 max right now

Edit: Line 6 Spider II sorry
xxxNames Aaron,
Talk To Me I'm Nice.
Last edited by xxthreatsignal at May 16, 2010,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Skip the new pickups for now. Keep saving for the 6505, new pickups won't make a big difference in your tone now.

+1
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
changing pickups shouldn't be done just for the hell of it, it should be done to improve something of your already decent tone that's lacking. therefore, i'd wait till you have the peavey, then we can decide what would be best
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I don't think the small solid state would enjoy the high output from actives that much...
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
Check out DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups.

They have a good tone for both metal and punk.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
AFTER you get a new amp, check out some Motor City Nukes or Solutions. Haven't played them, but have heard very good things.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
changing pickups shouldn't be done just for the hell of it, it should be done to improve something of your already decent tone that's lacking. therefore, i'd wait till you have the peavey, then we can decide what would be best

i'm not changing pickups for the hell of it haha. I need to change them because I can't play anything high gain with the p-90 single coils.
xxxNames Aaron,
Talk To Me I'm Nice.
Quote by xxthreatsignal
i'm not changing pickups for the hell of it haha. I need to change them because I can't play anything high gain with the p-90 single coils.

Sell the guitar, buy the 6505 and a better suited guitar for your tastes?
I have no idea what the Gibson's worth, so this might just be a retard suggestion :P