Page 1 of 5
...but I'm still thinking about it.

Our school has a "Baccalauréat" thing before graduation every year that's basically a church service designed to convince our class to carry God and Jesus on with us to our higher education.

I've been invited to play with our praise and worship band at this event this year.

Originally I laughed at the idea (I'm not even attending the service) but I started thinking and discussing it with some friends of mine (who are in the band) and we decided it would be ****ING HILARIOUS if we agreed to play/practiced the Christian worship songs but then, out of nowhere....

...played "Killing In The Name" at the Baccalaureat.

Good idea? I could get kicked out of graduation for it, but to see the looks on their faces....
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You should do it. Would be awesome.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Play "heresy" by NiN insyead.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I want a full videorecording of that.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Teenage bollocks. The looks on faces will be those which are generally used to suppress laughter.
That wouldn't really be funny and you'd just look like a teenage jackass. "The look on their faces"? Nobody would recognize the song, and they'd look at you like you're a moron. Honestly, are you kids that dumb? Dumb enough that you think it'd be "oh so hilarious"...you're not in front of 10,000 people or something. You're in front of the few of the class who decide to come.

I know plenty of people who didn't walk at graduation, and they regretted it.

Finally, you know almost every school has a baccalaureate?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at May 16, 2010,
no. the feeling of walking and grabbing your diploma is so fulfilling, even if you think youre too cool for it.
Do it and post video of it and you will be king, then again you are crashing a voluntary religious event, so no, dick move.
Quote by dudetheman
...but I'm still thinking about it.

Our school has a "Baccalauréat" thing before graduation every year that's basically a church service designed to convince our class to carry God and Jesus on with us to our higher education.

I've been invited to play with our praise and worship band at this event this year.

Originally I laughed at the idea (I'm not even attending the service) but I started thinking and discussing it with some friends of mine (who are in the band) and we decided it would be ****ING HILARIOUS if we agreed to play/practiced the Christian worship songs but then, out of nowhere....

...played "Killing In The Name" at the Baccalaureat.

Good idea? I could get kicked out of graduation for it, but to see the looks on their faces....

I like the way you think my good man
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Well, if you were looking for a way to prove that you're incredibly immature, congratulations.
If you do it so i don't have too, fine by me.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Play the opening riff to Black Sabbath instead.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden

Sure you'd look like jackasses, but who cares?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Kevy Absolution
That wouldn't really be funny and you'd just look like a teenage jackass. "The look on their faces"? Nobody would recognize the song, and they'd look at you like you're a moron.

I know plenty of people who didn't walk at graduation, and they regretted it.

Pretty much everyone from our senior class will be there, and they'll all recognize it.

The people who would be pissed would be the church folks and the parents and administrators.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Musicrules,man
Bad idea. Even if you don't beleive in God like I do. You should have reverence for the lord and people who praise him... that's very distasteful.

It's ok, they're probably creationists.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
dont play any songs with curses in them...but i love that idea
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Hmm.... What would my ex-bassist say?

Quote by Ryan Poole
Do it, ******!

There you have it.
Quote by geanes
My favorite 'UGer.

Edit: Kensai, I'm taking that as you want to sleep with me. In which case, I'm flattered.
Quote by silent caution
dont play any songs with curses in them...but i love that idea

I wouldn't play it if we didn't do the "Fuck you, I won't do what ya tell me" part.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Just play "Death to Jesus" by Deicide.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by rockingamer2
Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden

Sure you'd look like jackasses, but who cares?

Hmmmm, I like this idea more.

Quote by Nelsean
Just play "Death to Jesus" by Deicide.

Fuck it, this one wins.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Musicrules,man
Bad idea. Even if you don't beleive in God like I do. You should have reverence for the lord and people who praise him... that's very distasteful.

Why would you have reverence for something that you don't believe in? Thats just silly talk.

I vote do it. You only live once right?

Oh and you better record this somehow and post it.
If you like the idea of not graduating from high school just for teh lulz then that's a damn fine idea.
Quote by Sammythedruggie
Why would you have reverence for something that you don't believe in? Thats just silly talk.

Protip: It's called courtesy.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by crackerpleaz
If you like the idea of not graduating from high school just for teh lulz then that's a damn fine idea.

I'd still graduate and get my diploma; I just wouldn't be able to walk in the ceremony.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Well, if you were looking for a way to prove that you're incredibly immature, congratulations.

This
Or you know what would be even more awesome? Adding some sexy as hell, unforgettable melody lines of your own to the songs. This way, you won't get kicked out of graduation, and instead of getting mad lulz from a select few attendees, you'll get mad bootay from 74.26% of the female attendees.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by Musicrules,man
I'm a creationist and i love god

And I'm an atheist and I don't believe in your God.

Of what relevance is this to the thread?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
I'd still graduate and get my diploma; I just wouldn't be able to walk in the ceremony.

Are you sure about this? At my school, if you do something stupid before graduation they'll just expell you and not give you a diploma. But hey, if you're sure about it then go for it man!

EDIT: I changed my mind, this guy is right.
Quote by macmancometh
Nobody's gonna go "Hey remember when that totally awesome kid played RATM at the Baccalaureate mass?" It'll be more like "hey, remember that kid who didn't walk at graduation because he played some shitty song at Baccalaureate mass and looked like a total jerkoff doing it?"

I'd recommend not doing it, unless you like the role of community jackass.
Last edited by crackerpleaz at May 16, 2010,
Quote by dudetheman

who cares? you'll be known as the guys who played RATM at a god damn church service
Don't be so childish.

Play some Merzbow instead.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Just rape an altar boy and shout

"This is what your religion does on a daily basis."

Its far more shocking and will make you look uber hardcore.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Musicrules,man

Baha, is this guy serious?

TS, see how big the crowd is. If its like, 12 people, don't do it.

And pick a better song.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Just record it, please. It'll be a great story for your grand children.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King
Page 1 of 5