So I went fishing today for a short while.

Caught a small catfish and a small pike.

The thing is, the catfish I caught had this sort of lump on it's bottom near the tail. It looked like an embellism. Maybe it was his **** lol or maybe it was pregnant. I just wasnt sure if it was some sort of parasite or something. The pike was fine however.

The other day I caught a perch, it had the common black spots on his tail I've been told about. I heard you can't eat it if it has those, I've also heard it's perfectly fine to eat because even if you somehow do ingest the parasite (I guess it only in the tail?) it cannot live and mature in humans, let alone survive in the stomach. I don't knwo which to believe, so I just keep letting them go.

Just wondering, does anyone know of a site that identifies these types of things, like freshwater lakefish viruses and parasites. I tried looking but I can't find anything.

Any info would be helpful
(if no info, well i dont know, discuss?)
thanks much.
Only one way to find out.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by metalblaster
because I would normally type in something like www.whatarethosespotsonmyfish.com

There needs to be a site named that.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
There needs to be a site named that.

T'would replace the need for google lol
www.ultimate-guidetofiguringoutifyourfishisdangeroustoeat.com

Yeah?

Maybe a fishing forum could link you some charts or something. I bet field and stream magazine has forums, and they're well respected. Or bass pro shop might have some forums.
Quote by captaincrunk
www.ultimate-guidetofiguringoutifyourfishisdangeroustoeat.com

Yeah?

Maybe a fishing forum could link you some charts or something. I bet field and stream magazine has forums, and they're well respected. Or bass pro shop might have some forums.

I've gotten on some fishing angler sites before but there's no mention about parasites and stuff like that. I find it abit weird that this is so hard to find.

So far, I've found some pretty vague info about the spots. Apparently it's a parasite, but it's fine to eat, and you don't even have to pick them out, but I would lol.

And something about white spots on the liver. Apparently that's bad. That's pretty much all I've found.
Quote by the bartender
well....

you are just....

goddamnit

no hard feelings brah

lol i did mean it jokingfully