Page 1 of 2
i wasnt sure where to post this...

As you all probably know by now one of the most influential and powerful voices of all time, Ronnie James Dio passed away today. Dio is one of my favorite heavy metal singers of all time and his death is a tragedy that will haunt me every time i listen to Heaven and Hell. I wanted to do something, write a song, a letter, anything for Dio. So i was thinking about it, and i had an idea.

A musical tribute to Dio's life and his music by all of the fans on UG.

I was hoping that some like minded musicians here would want to do an epic, 1 song online musical collaboration in tribute to possibly the greatest voice, and kindest person, in heavy metal music.

i think that UG has done something like this before with a digital album of some sort?

Anyways,
If you think this is a good idea then please someone step up and say that you will lead this project to greatness.

if no one wants to do it, then i'll probably sound like an idiot babbling on about it, but i think that Dio is worth it.
Last edited by rickyj at May 16, 2010,
You're no idiot. That's an awesome idea. I'm not good with technology at all, so I probably wouldn't contribute, but I'd love to hear this if it happened.
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
if i can sort my recording stuff out i am in.

its a great idea man

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I would love to contribute, but as it stands have no means to
Such a sad day in music, and my condolences will only stretch as far as saying RIP, and he will be greatly missed.

Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010
it's a shame I don't have any recording gear atm, but this is I think the most sensible idea to come out of the pit since I registered.

Dear sir, I applaud you
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I would love to go about doing something like this, but there's no way in hell I could come up with a decent metal track worthy of RJD. I certainly don't have the vocal range!

If anyone wants any help with mixing, or subtle backing vocals etc, or anything like that I'd be happy to contribute.
can't a mod stickie this? I honestly think this is a good idea.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Tom 1.0

its a great idea man

thanks man, i probably wont contribute as ive only been playing for around 2-3 years, but if it happens i think the title should be "A Tribute to a God".

sounds good to me.
I would love to record something for this.

RIP The greatest rock singer ever.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Lets write a UG tribute song for him. Some epic song dedicated to his life.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Tom 1.0

its a great idea man

stole your sig, as should everyone else.
I love this idea!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I would love to help you guys out. I can play and record. I cant sing for nothing, but i can write some riffs and stuff and throw them together and such.

I'll also add this to my sig as well.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Y'know what would be cool? If we added a section in the song where people could record themselves saying a short, 10 seconds thank you/goodbye to Dio or something and have that playing over some music.
I would love to help out on a Holy Diver cover.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by rickyj
so how will this work?

I think an album would be cool. A bunch of covers with a final epic original song. Or a bunch of tribute songs?
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Siv During Livh

I would absolutely love to contribute to this, because even though I am not a metal fan I am a huge fan of Dio's singing. I fear however that my lack of metal playing would clash with the album
I'd be willing to help with this. I can sortof sing, I play bass drums and guitar.
Quote by geanes
My favorite 'UGer.

Edit: Kensai, I'm taking that as you want to sleep with me. In which case, I'm flattered.
I think it would be best if the mods stickied this,

we then get a short list of songs to cover

do a poll to decide upon the songs to decide which ones will's do and people agree to collaborate on them?

dibs on Holy Diver too...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Slicer666
can't a mod stickie this? I honestly think this is a good idea.

I second this. If I could in any way contribute I would.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
If were doing covers, i'll do a Sabbath one, as I was never a big fan of his solo stuff.

So therefore i call the song After All.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by Siv During Livh

Quote by boreamor
Y'know what would be cool? If we added a section in the song where people could record themselves saying a short, 10 seconds thank you/goodbye to Dio or something and have that playing over some music.

If we do a fade-out at the end, or instrumental section, followed by a compilation of us saying our thank yous, that would be so epic.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by boreamor

great idea. so how many songs we talking 4 or more?

if we onyl do 4 i say the most popular songs

holy diver
heaven and hell (heaven and hell songs count right?)
die young

and the original
Quote by muffinduck01
After All.

yea that would be sweet

how will vocals work? if we cant find someone that can live up to dio we can always do it MAB style and have the guitar play the vocal melody.
finish with the original, and have the ending section filled with the thankyou's, or a spoken list of all our names, followed by our best wishes for his family, our thank yous and goodbye's

Quote by rickyj
yea that would be sweet

how will vocals work? if we cant find someone that can live up to dio we can always do it MAB style and have the guitar play the vocal melody.

We can do that anyway, just turn it down in the mix when there's vocals added.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
i think a dio/sabbath/elf/raimbow/H&H/ guitar medly would be badass! with a video of his pics
i can only play guitar though and i can record and email it to yall
so everyone, name songs that should be on this tribute. then i will make a poll and we shall vote on the most epic, metal and brutal, yet memorable songs.
Holy diver fo' sho'.

There's a whole list of songs but Holy Diver just comes first. Period.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at May 16, 2010,
I'd love to organize/run and edit it if you'd like.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Page 1 of 2