Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew about some good memory man clones out there. What I am looking for out of the pedal is the self-oscillation and crazy feedback along with the warm repeats. Due to being well, frankly, poor, I cannot afford a new OR used memory man, so any help would be appreciated.
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Memory boy or toy will be your best chanve to getting that tone.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by acdcrocks0323
I love the Malekko 616. It is neither a clone a DMM or a clone, but it is warm and sounds wonderful. I has a really fantastic modulation also. Self oscillation comes pretty easy too. Check out the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2yDjVsnGN8

This is your best bet on a budget
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I love the Malekko 616. It is neither a clone a DMM or a clone, but it is warm and sounds wonderful. I has a really fantastic modulation also. Self oscillation comes pretty easy too. Check out the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2yDjVsnGN8

My ONLY issue with that is that the knobs are really small. I'll being playing this with an organ, so I need to be able to get to the depth and feedback (or anything like that) knobs fast to get that o so trippy oscillation.
MY GEAR

Guitars
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- HBE Germania 44
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
+1

and for an analog delay, you really won't get cheaper than the memory toy anyway.

Yes, but those sound nothing like the Memory Man.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Yes, but those sound nothing like the Memory Man.

Is there anything else that really cops the Memory Man sound besides a Memory Man?

You're not gonna get there without the NOS Panasonic chips, OP. My advice is either settle for a Deluxe Memory Boy or save up for the DMM.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Is there anything else that really cops the Memory Man sound besides a Memory Man?

You're not gonna get there without the NOS Panasonic chips, OP. My advice is either settle for a Deluxe Memory Boy or save up for the DMM.

Hell no, which is why your advice is clearly the better option in the long run, but the 616 and a couple other do the bright, modulated analog delay thing pretty well. But in the end, the DMM rules all
Board:
how about a behringer vintage time machine? doesnt get any closer to a DMM clone than that. not really sure how it sounds since ive never tried one, but im looking at a couple demos right now and it sounds ok. doesnt sound quite like the real thing, but on a budget im not sure how much closer you could get.
Would a vintage stereo memory man get the same modulation?
MY GEAR

Guitars
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- HBE Germania 44