Im looking to get a new jackson but ive really been debating which one to get out of the 3.

The main thing making me dislike the RR24 is the fact it has one pickup but on the up side it has 24 frets which i dont use alot but its makes the bottem end easyier and it has a ebony fret board.

the RR5 the fact it has gold hardware with the black one and you can only get hold of it in ivory and not the white anymore.

Matt Tuck Rhoads i like alot but as a signature model you lose all that "flair" of having a guitar personal to yourself.

I tend to mess around with tunings alot so would you say its easyier just getting a fixed bridge or just get a floyd rose and lock it down.

Thank you for your help
I love my RR5, never had a problem with it, and can play anything I throw at it. Also, if you like to mess with tunings, don't get a double locking trem.
Last edited by Ghold125 at May 16, 2010,
If you like messing around with tuning floyd definitely isn't the way to go.

RR24-Amazing but has floyd so changing tuning is a pain.

RR5-Pretty nice, lose frets but easier to change tunings.

Matt Tuck guitar..blah you could get a better guitar for cheaper.

Does this guitar have to be a wild body shape? I prefer V's myself too so I can totally understand it.
Quote by t heff
so perry how would u test the tightness of a pocket on a neck through? i mean if it can hold the wings to it then its ****ing amazing without glue
I would like a V cause at the moment i have a les paul and although i like playing them it doesnt suit my playing style I play alot of Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium kinda styled stuff. I probably would go from a V to a explorer body shape.

Yeah the main thing that irritates me about the RR24 is the one pickup as i do play alot of stuff mainly on the bridge but some things you really do need the less sharp neck pickup.

The RR5 is the 22 frets but if theyre pretty accessable i could probably live with that.

The matt tuck although over priced on most website i can find it for around the same as a RR5 and its got a ebony fretboard EMGs and locking tuners.

Thanks
If your not set on getting a Rhoads shape, you could look into Michael Padgets ESP LTD MP 600. It' around the same price, but has 24 frets and a fixed bridge, as well as a V shape.
Quote by Lr-Mtb
If your not set on getting a Rhoads shape, you could look into Michael Padgets ESP LTD MP 600. It' around the same price, but has 24 frets and a fixed bridge, as well as a V shape.

or the new ESP LTD V300

its the same thing but cheaper and without the cheesy inlay
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Yeah isnt the V300 set neck though and the V300 have those tacky ltd plaques on 12th fret Thats actually the one solid thing that annoyies me about esp ltd. Well ill have up to a £1000 to spend more or less but main things i want in it are

mahogany or alder body
rosewood or ebony fretboard
24 frets
either active or passives im not too bothered
neck through build