hey there

so, last month i was sitting around with a couple of friends trying out some effects on guitar-rig, when i came across Crystalize. It's a beautiful beautiful effect that seemed to give every single note incredible depth & meaning with delays, off-shooting harmonies and some other things i can't quite wrap my head round yet.

After a few minutes of me playing around with the effect, one of my friends moved over to the computer and clicked Record...and this song happened

http://soundcloud.com/visceralsoup/take-flight

I'm sorry if this seems like shameless self-promotion, given it's my first post...but this is the first song i've ever made. It's a big moment for me!

it was played in drop C and with a 50 pence piece because i couldn't find a plectrum at the time, i figure that contributed quite a bit to the whole sound.

It recorded pretty quietly which is a shame but it is what it is I recommend headphones for the full experience.

thanks for listening, feedback would be soooo sooo gratefully appreciated!

there's a download link for the FLAC copy

cheers
Last edited by Post-Rock at May 16, 2010,
That was really interesting to listen to. I'm not sure exactly what to make of it, but it strikes me as a mix of the music from the movies "There Will Be Blood" and "2001:"

Really strange at times, but at other times it seemed to really make perfect sense. I think its lengthy for what it is, but for your first effort I it's very cool. If you could condense the whole thing into a certain theme, it would probably work well as an intro to a track.

Good luck on your future projects!