Hey UG does anyone use lace sensor pickups in a humbucker configuration?
Read that they were a superior passive pickup and will tone things up for your guitar.
Quote by B.Cross
Surely someone has these pickups in this forum

Maybe, maybe not, but you sit and wait for someone to answer; asking again won't make people answer.

Anyway, I'm going to ask the same question I do whenever anyone mentions a pickup change:

What amp do you have?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I don't own Lace Sensors, but I do own Lace Alumitones...and I love them.

Of H.o.F. guitarists, Eric Clapton is known to use Lace Sensors.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Maybe, maybe not, but you sit and wait for someone to answer; asking again won't make people answer.

Anyway, I'm going to ask the same question I do whenever anyone mentions a pickup change:

What amp do you have?

I own an orange rockeverb 50 and a vypyr 60 and use the vypyr for most gigs
I'm only having a problem with one guitar it's a pacifica 1221 ms too bright so I stuck a seymour duncan sh-11 in it and it's really to soft and really bassy, of course I'm taking about the bridge pickup. My shcecter sounds fine and my ibanez sounds fine through it.
Not the sound I'm after would like it to sound a little more balanced
Last edited by B.Cross at May 17, 2010,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I don't own Lace Sensors, but I do own Lace Alumitones...and I love them.

Of H.o.F. guitarists, Eric Clapton is known to use Lace Sensors.

Clapton used them, but with a special midrange boost circuit.

Billy Corgan also used them back in the Siamese Dream era, but not exclusively.

Lace Sensors are good pickups. They're nothing great or awesome, in my opinion, but good. Tonal characteristics depend a lot about what color you get -- blue, silver, and gold are all geared more towards different vintage tones, while the red pickups are the hottest.
Hi, I'm Peter
they don't seem to be as popular as they were, most people that used them now use the fender noisless pups.

the jeff beck strat at one time featured lace pups with two at the bridge in a humbucker configuration.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
they don't seem to be as popular as they were, most people that used them now use the fender noisless pups.

the jeff beck strat at one time featured lace pups with two at the bridge in a humbucker configuration.

I like the red, silver and blue Lace Sensors I have in a Squier. I mostly use the red in the bridge, tho, it's very hot. Also, it's just a single coil, and not in a humbucker configuration.