Poll Options
View poll results: ?
society is just as stupid and intolerant as it has always been
49 53%
society has gotten a bit better
17 18%
society is alot more tolerant and intelligent than it once was
17 18%
seriously, you want purple spunky hippo? how about japanese jizzy jumpingjack?
9 10%
Voters: 92.
You all know the famous line from MIB "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

We all see from our everday lives that this is true, how masses of people blindly believe what they are told, how individuals are punished for saying things that go against the common opinion (gallileo back then, that doctor who said pot isn't that bad in britain today).

sure, our society has come a long ways since galileo's times, but in my opinion we are, as a society, still just as intolerant and stupid as we were back then.
sure we may have made great technological advances, but those are achievements of single people, not of society.

what do you think?
We're just as dumb as we've always been.
Maybe even more, it's so much easier to be a sheep nowadays.
I'm as dumb as an unintelligent rock.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I don't think mankind will really change; the same characteristics repeat themselves, just under different terms and a new context
Society will always be like this. It has become ALOT easier for people to break free from the sheep though.
Yea just as intolerant as before you are right. Do you think when you speak?

The opposite can be said all the wrong done was done by a single person not society.

Back in the day they killed homosexuals, transexuals, people that spoke against the church. Do they still do that? No.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by NY_FootBall49

The opposite can be said all the wrong done was done by a single person not society.

Back in the day they killed homosexuals, transexuals, people that spoke against the church. Do they still do that? No.

so we no longer have people in our society that condemn homosexuals, transexuals or people who speak against the church or government?

we no longer have groups who are constantly fighting against foreign religious groups for the pure sake of them being different?

what kind of sugarcoated wacko-world do you live in?
Quote by NY_FootBall49

If we didn't have any law enforcement people would still be doing all that. Just look at the Congo.
Quote by CoreysMonster
so we no longer have people in our society that condemn homosexuals, transexuals or people who speak against the church or government?

we no longer have groups who are constantly fighting against foreign religious groups for the pure sake of them being different?

No but just 200 years ago you'd be dead no questions asked. We have groups not society. Like you said all the achievements were of single people not society. Society as a whole is no longer as intolerant as we used to be. Times have changed a lot no questions.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
People are just as intolerant of difference as ever. The advancements that have been made are in creating laws against murder, the right to a fair trial etc. which mean that the intolerance simply manifests itself in a different way.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by CoreysMonster

There isn't as many. The majority isn't as intolerant and prejudice to things such as race and sexual preference as they were about 200 years ago. Plus, we don't lynch people because they are black anymore.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by NY_FootBall49
No but just 200 years ago you'd be dead no questions asked. We have groups not society. Like you said all the achievements were of single people not society. Society as a whole is no longer as intolerant as we used to be. Times have changed a lot no questions.

I disagree.
Ya'll seem to be forgetting we're not just talking about developed nations here.
People have more access to a whole lot more information and are more knowledgeable, but most are still retards.
Quote by NY_FootBall49

we have law enforcement now that prohibits violent acts and works alot better than it did 200 years ago, that's the only difference. but there are still so many groups and many, MANY people who would still be murdering people who go against their beliefs if they could, no question at all.
I'd say we're slightly better. I mean, we're definitely more intelligent in terms of things we know, like science and math, but I agree that we're still just as prone to mob mentality and xenophobia as they always have been.
We're just a stupid, but we're starting to realize that fact.

That's what makes a good human being and that what makes a smart intelligent society.

You're a violent, scared pack animal by nature, just as you've always been. But as long as you're aware of this fact you needn't abide by it.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
We're just a stupid, but we're starting to realize that fact.

That's what makes a good human being and that what makes a smart intelligent society.

You're a violent, scared pack animal by nature, just as you've always been. But as long as you're aware of this fact you needn't abide by it.

But people aren't becoming more aware We've been spoilt by Western bourgeois society. People are perfectly happy to stick their heads in the sand for another episode of X Factor and ignore the starving masses.
Quote by Kumanji
But people aren't becoming more aware We've been spoilt by Western bourgeois society. People are perfectly happy to stick their heads in the sand for another episode of X Factor and ignore the starving masses.

We are. IMO, things are going to get a lot better very very soon.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by CoreysMonster
we have law enforcement now that prohibits violent acts and works alot better than it did 200 years ago, that's the only difference. but there are still so many groups and many, MANY people who would still be murdering people who go against their beliefs if they could, no question at all.

I love the pseudo-intellectual people. They think they are so smart when they say ridiculous things. I don't think you really no what you're talking about.

You can't say well everything good the human race has done was just an isolated incident by the few decent human beings in the world and everything bad is just people being people. The truth is we are more in the middle. Most people aren't capable of these acts of violence and most people are generally well informed about world issues.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Quote by NY_FootBall49
I love the pseudo-intellectual people. They think they are so smart when they say ridiculous things. I don't think you really no what you're talking about.

You can't say well everything good the human race has done was just an isolated incident by the few decent human beings in the world and everything bad is just people being people. The truth is we are more in the middle. Most people aren't capable of these acts of violence and most people are generally well informed about world issues.

If you knew the statistics on topics such as evolution, global warming, the origins of the universe, etc., you would take that back..
Quote by NY_FootBall49

You're not capable in your sheltered, western, well fed lifestyle. It would take 5 minutes for those in the middle ground to revert back to tooth and claw when fighting for their existence

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
You're not capable in your sheltered, western, well fed lifestyle. It would take 5 minutes for those in the middle ground to revert back to tooth and claw when fighting for their existence

When it comes down to survival like my life versus yours I will kill you w/o a problem does that make me a bad person? No. It means I have both the will and the means to survive. The society we live in does not dictate such a lifestyle. That is what makes human beings different. Despite popular belief we are in fact animals and we can choose to live like animals but we decide to live in an organized more often then not civil society.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Quote by NY_FootBall49
When it comes down to survival like my life versus yours I will kill you w/o a problem does that make me a bad person? No. It means I have both the will and the means to survive. The society we live in does not dictate such a lifestyle. That is what makes human beings different. Despite popular belief we are in fact animals and we can choose to live like animals but we decide to live in an organized more often then not civil society.

Doesn't that mean that humans are only as good as their stomaches allow them to be though?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Well seeing how much information we have at our disposal, that fact that there is still as much ignorance in the world is proof that honestly as a whole we're not much smarter than we used to be.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by CoreysMonster

In most parts of western society people in general are more tolerant of homosexuals/different races etc than they were say 100 years ago, even if the daily mail us to believe we're all homophobic racist selfish idiots.

Quote by Jiggzy.UK

Who are you to look down on people claiming they're ignorant in their 'western lifestyle'?

Not entirely what you mean by middle ground reverting back... are you suggesting people in less developed countries would readily start tearing each other apart when they were desperate for food? Again its like the media jumping on the few pockets of violence in Hiati and reporting it as an out of control country despite the majority of the population acting civil and working together as a society in the time of crisis.
Quote by NY_FootBall49

/thread.

Seriously, we're just well-developed animals.
If I wanted to, I could go out naked and slaughter a family of deer with my hands and eat their insides but I don't have to because I've learned how to survive without doing so.

EDIT: We're as stupid as we've always been.
Quote by StonaLemons
In most parts of western society people in general are more tolerant of homosexuals/different races etc than they were say 100 years ago, even if the daily mail us to believe we're all homophobic racist selfish idiots.

Who are you to look down on people claiming they're ignorant in their 'western lifestyle'?

Not entirely what you mean by middle ground reverting back... are you suggesting people in less developed countries would readily start tearing each other apart when they were desperate for food? Again its like the media jumping on the few pockets of violence in Hiati and reporting it as an out of control country despite the majority of the population acting civil and working together as a society in the time of crisis.

Yeah, that's almost exactly what I'm suggesting. I'm saying that a hungry man is more likely to kill than a well fed man. Statistics will substantiate my claim, I'm sure.

...I watch you have been watching too.

Quote by Karl Pilkington